Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Stolen from the Vita thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtn9i3S6Mkk

Could it be? Analogman's returns?

I am kind of excited. I hope there's a PS4 port for that though, because I do not want to be tempted to get a Vita. I already have a PS4 looming in my future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
I only want it if we get a barely comprehensible translation.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Crap they pulled Adventures off Netflix just as I started to nostalgia marathon it :argh:

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 2, 2015

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Crap they pulled Adventures off Netflix just as I started to nostalgia marathon it :argh:

It's on Crunchyroll for free: http://www.crunchyroll.com/digimon-adventure along with 02, Tamers, Frontier, and Xros Wars / Young Hunters.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/digimon-adventure-02
http://www.crunchyroll.com/digimon-tamers
http://www.crunchyroll.com/digimon-frontier
http://www.crunchyroll.com/digimon-xros-wars-the-young-hunters-who-leapt-through-time

No Savers though thanks to arcane licensing reasons.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Well that mild problem got solved fast

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
so considering we all probably asked ourselves the same thing when we were kids, I'll ask it here cause why not, I figure you guys would have some interesting answers;

If you could have an actual Digimon Partner, what Digimon would it be(let's assume it to be a Child/Rookie stage for simplicity's sake), and what would it be able to evolve into?

here's what my current pick would be;

Alraumon-> Woodmon-> Pumpmon-> Boltmon

blank templates for those who might want them;

and some other lines I've done due to boredom and me finding it fun

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

They gave Culumon a proper evolution? And Stingmon a whole line?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Rudoku posted:

no to the first one(I made that up cause I noticed that Culumon and Aegiomon mesh together rather well on both a visual and thematic level, and went with it), and for the second yes, not counting Armor Evolutions or PailDramon, Stingmon has two Perfect Evolutions(JewelBeemon and DinoBeemon) and at least 4 Ultimate/Mega levels that fit(BantyoStingmon[who's only been around for about a year or so at this point], GranKuwagamon, GrandisKuwagamon, and TigerVespamon)

also I should have been more clear, those lines are mostly ones I made up, although I generally tried to use some logic when making them(and a lot of them are influenced by Canon lines), since a lot of Canon lines are kinda random when you think about it

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd

Rudoku posted:

Stingmon has a line but the culumon thing is impossible since he's not really a digimon.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nehezir posted:

Stingmon has a line but the culumon thing is impossible since he's not really a digimon.

And was officially stated to be In-Training level to boot...

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

Whhhhhy. I am curious when this came about.

Also, someone ought to update the wiki then.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

nehezir posted:

if you dug through some of my other lines he's not the only non-standard Digimon I made a line for(did ones for Gizmon and BEMmon for example)

nine-gear crow posted:

eh not the only time Level's been fudged with(looking at you 02 Tailmon, not to mention Whamon, and several Digimon that are basically just higher level recolors of other Digimon like Panjyamon, Vermillimon, and multiple Digimon based off Gottsumon), heck I did lines for most of the main XrosWars Digimon and they mostly don't have official levels at all

nehezir posted:

Whhhhhy. I am curious when this came about.

Also, someone ought to update the wiki then.

depends on which Wiki you're talking about, the Wikia one is garbage compared to Wikimon, also I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's a pretty minor thing

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I have the opposite experience. The wikia has served me well over the years while wikimon has been anything from incomplete to poorly organized.

Then again, it very well could vary from mon to mon in both cases.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

nehezir posted:

I have the opposite experience. The wikia has served me well over the years while wikimon has been anything from incomplete to poorly organized.

Then again, it very well could vary from mon to mon in both cases.

well part of it is that Wikia runs like crap on pretty much any device I own

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Wikia is perhaps the single most horrible bloated website in existence. It's bad, never go to Wikia wikis.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

Wikia is perhaps the single most horrible bloated website in existence. It's bad, never go to Wikia wikis.

I only go if I can't find something anywhere else

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Wikias are the worst thing. Their ads will crash pretty much any browser that doesn't have an adblock in my experience. So if you're ever playing a game you can't alt tab out of, or want to look something up on your phone out of curiosity and the only result is a wikia link, you're kind of boned.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Oh. You guys mean the sites run like garbage, not the info on it.

Now I see what you re getting at.

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
well its info is also pretty lacking in some departments

basically go to the wikia (except don't) if you want to know about anime/game/whatever story info and go to wikimon if you're more interested in seeing all the possible evolution lines, official images, and translated digimon encyclopedia entries

i don't even know what criteria the wikia editors use to decide what goes under 'next forms' because the game appearances on the same page will list more than what's shown in the infobox

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Evolution trees aren't terribly interesting to me, just the encyclopedia.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Since I'm an enormous dork, I choose Bearmon's line because he's a funny little karate-ursine.

Bearmon-->Grizzlymon-->Grapleomon-->Marsmon. Preferably Tamers-style so I get some use out of all those old Digimon cards in my closet and biomerge so I won't have to remai on the sidelines forever. I hope the fact that he's only temporarily something with "leomon" in his name is enough to avoid the curse on that name.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Aug 2, 2015

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine
Plotmon -> Mikemon -> Bastemon -> Minervamon

Gizamon -> Gesomon -> MarineDevimon -> Leviamon

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Geostomp posted:

Since I'm an enormous dork, I choose Bearmon's line because he's a funny little karate-ursine.

Bearmon-->Grizzlymon-->Grapleomon-->Marsmon. Preferably Tamers-style so I get some use out of all those old Digimon cards in my closet and biomerge so I won't have to remai on the sidelines forever. I hope the fact that he's only temporarily something with "leomon" in his name is enough to avoid the curse on that name.
let's increase your Bear output to maximum

Bearmon-> Gryzmon-> Astamon-> Callismon

also have some improved lines for the other Digimon World 3 starters

Koemon-> Hanumon-> Gokuwumon-> Zamielmon

Kotemon-> Musayamon-> Butenmon-> Tactimon

Kotemon-> Yaksamon-> Matadormon-> Tactimon

not sure which of these Kotemon lines is better

Chakram posted:

Plotmon -> Mikemon -> Bastemon -> Minervamon

Gizamon -> Gesomon -> MarineDevimon -> Leviamon

have a more fitting ultimate for that line

Plotmon-> Mikemon-> Bastemon-> Duftmon-> Duftmon Leopard Mode(I figure Duftmon is androgynous enough to work here, and it fits better visually than Minervamon)

oddly enough haven't done any lines for Gizamon though(I'll have to see if I can come up with any that don't conflict with the ones I've made for Crabmon, Gomamon, and Betamon), but that's a pretty good line overall(Leviamon certainly makes for a better Ultimate for MarineDevimon than Pukumon did)

drrockso20 fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 2, 2015

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Geostomp posted:

It's better than Frontier, but it still has a lot of issues, especially in the latter half where it seems like the writers had no idea where to go.

Yeah, this. I enjoyed 02 and think it introduced a ton of great concepts and potential plotlines (the dark ocean/the Daemon Corps/the dark spores/Devimon's connection to the dark ocean). Unfortunately none of these ideas are properly followed up on and as a result the whole thing is kind of a jumbled mess. Which is too bad because I'd still pay good money for a Lovecraft-themed Digimon season.

Come on Tri. Make this happen for me!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The Dark Ocean probably will never get any focus since it was just a guest-written episode by Chiaki that was later used two or three times because it was right there on the table for the 7 regular script writers to use when they felt like it (hence why the later times didn't quite fit with the first episode's "Cthulhu sea dimension filled with not-digimons"). Like most of 02 it was just an idea thrown out there because there were way too many writers in there, the only good thing 02 ever did was get Chiaki involved with Digimon enough to be made the main director or something for Tamers.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Demidevimon -> Flawizardmon -> Mistymon -> Dynasmon

I like fire and the weird way Digimon artists draw stitching and bat/dragon wings.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Demidevimon -> Flawizardmon -> Mistymon -> Dynasmon

I like fire and the weird way Digimon artists draw stitching and bat/dragon wings.

Very nice, it's surprising how well Dynasmon works as the Ultimate for a Wizarmon/FlaWizarmon line, he also works well as an Ultimate for the Snake Deva, and Orochimon(although Bacchusmon works even better there)

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

let's increase your Bear output to maximum

Bearmon-> Gryzmon-> Astamon-> Callismon

Wait, so is Astamon a bear wearing a pimp suit wielding a Tommy gun? Well that's just silly awesome. :allears:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Edward IV posted:

Wait, so is Astamon a bear wearing a pimp suit wielding a Tommy gun? Well that's just silly awesome. :allears:

well in the anime Astamon looks like this;

but he clearly has a predatory beast demon motif which works just as well as a bear as anything else, plus he shares a gun motif with Callismon(who's officially derived from Gryzmon) so he fits really nicely(not to mention Astamon canonically can evolve to Belphemon which also has some obvious bear motifs)

and while I'm at it the other Bearmon line I made;

Bearmon-> Porcupamon-> WaruMonzaemon-> Belphemon Sleep Mode-> Belphemon Rage Mode

also this inspired me to make a chart for Psychemon

Psychemon-> Sangloupmon-> Astamon-> GrandDracumon

drrockso20 fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 3, 2015

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So I got my 15th Anniversary Digivice today

There was also an ad with it I think some people might be interested in

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Nuebot posted:

Wikias are the worst thing. Their ads will crash pretty much any browser that doesn't have an adblock in my experience. So if you're ever playing a game you can't alt tab out of, or want to look something up on your phone out of curiosity and the only result is a wikia link, you're kind of boned.

This baffling to me as someone who's used Wikia numerous times has never a single issue with its ads, never even needing adblock of any kind on it.

ghost sex posted:

well its info is also pretty lacking in some departments

basically go to the wikia (except don't) if you want to know about anime/game/whatever story info and go to wikimon if you're more interested in seeing all the possible evolution lines, official images, and translated digimon encyclopedia entries

i don't even know what criteria the wikia editors use to decide what goes under 'next forms' because the game appearances on the same page will list more than what's shown in the infobox

While most wikis have rules, the Digimon wiki has an entire manual page for editing on it, the criteria is on there.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

mateo360 posted:

There was also an ad with it I think some people might be interested in

That is freaking awesome, how much did it cost you?

And hey, they still remember Digimon 02.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
about $105 back in April before the $20 EMS shipping at the end of July. :shepspends:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That is freaking awesome, how much did it cost you?

And hey, they still remember Digimon 02.

Call me when they get to Tamers.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

mateo360 posted:

about $105 back in April before the $20 EMS shipping at the end of July. :shepspends:

I think that's more than my smartphone...

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Geostomp posted:

Call me when they get to Tamers.

Considering why these exist, that'd mean a Tamers sequel. And knowing how Konaka ended it on a really sour note...

I mean, it could follow from Runaway Locomon, which is the better ending anyways, but in either case I wouldn't accept it without Konaka taking full charge of the series.

It's also never happening because you can't milk nostalgia as hard from it as you can from Adventure.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

mateo360 posted:

Is the pedometer on this thing decent?

That probably sounds like a joke question, but I am genuinely curious as to the whether the step counter is any good, or if it's another dumb digimon toy that you have to physically shake :v:

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Brick Shipment posted:

Is the pedometer on this thing decent?

That probably sounds like a joke question, but I am genuinely curious as to the whether the step counter is any good, or if it's another dumb digimon toy that you have to physically shake :v:

I... don't really know. I always shake the digivices.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

Considering why these exist, that'd mean a Tamers sequel. And knowing how Konaka ended it on a really sour note...

I mean, it could follow from Runaway Locomon, which is the better ending anyways, but in either case I wouldn't accept it without Konaka taking full charge of the series.

It's also never happening because you can't milk nostalgia as hard from it as you can from Adventure.
Between E7 AO and SMC I'd rather they leave Tamers (as with any 90-00's anime tent pole series) well the gently caress alone.

For Tamers specifically we have an ending where everyone's hangups have been resolved. We're good.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Aug 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

mateo360 posted:

I... don't really know. I always shake the digivices.

Aw. Even at that price tag, I really like the idea of a digimon toy that counts steps properly. None of the older models I have do :(
Adult pedometers are boring. I want to fight monsters!