Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
ETA: Never

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I could see it possibly getting an SEA release which will be in english/engrish though.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Sigh, I suppose it would be too much to hope for an unofficial English patch.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm sure someone will eventually translate or at least give cliff notes to the story stuff, and the game itself is really easy to play with 0 reading ability.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Is the gameplay just Puzzle and Dragons?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Neo_Crimson posted:

Is the gameplay just Puzzle and Dragons?

Nah, doesn't play anything like it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

There's more to phone RPGs than just PAD.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
My tablet sucks balls at running this game, so PC with BlueStacks it is.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Compendium posted:

My tablet sucks balls at running this game, so PC with BlueStacks it is.

Even emulators seem to be crashing and having issues with it. I think there's just something really wrong with the coding

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
Hi, local trans woman/Type-Moon trash here to let you all know that the Chevalier d'Eon was a woman, thanks.
Now I'm just going to go back to waiting for the iOS version of this stupid game to come out.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It is out.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

jellycat posted:

Hi, local trans woman/Type-Moon trash here to let you all know that the Chevalier d'Eon was a woman, thanks.
Now I'm just going to go back to waiting for the iOS version of this stupid game to come out.

I do not believe, you

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

jellycat posted:

What about... Astolfo?!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

What about... Astolfo?!

He's cute

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

jellycat posted:

Do you use a Mac or PC? With PC, if you install BlueStacks and download QooApp, then you should be able to play Grand Order from there.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You can also just go grab the Grand Order .apk directly if you can find it, and double click it, and bluestacks will install it.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

What about... Astolfo?!

This x 100

Compendium posted:

Do you use a Mac or PC? With PC, if you install BlueStacks and download QooApp, then you should be able to play Grand Order from there.

Thanks! I'm going to try holding out for a little while longer, but if it takes too much longer I'll definitely try this!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

jellycat posted:

Thanks! I'm going to try holding out for a little while longer, but if it takes too much longer I'll definitely try this!

The graphics run more smoothly on PC using BlueStacks, so I can definitely say that it's worth it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hmmm... Yes, indeed.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
http://grand-fate.tumblr.com/ has some guides for this game. The one that's particularly important, in my opinion, is the one for exchanging user IDs-- you can use that to share any cool Servants you get with other people.

If anyone wants to check out my Berserker and stuff, you can add me at 197830299.

It shares whoever your party leader is. :toot:

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 1, 2015

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'll add any goons in this thread who are playing! My code is 826931177.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Friend slots seem to be limited (though I think you get more as you level up) so you might not want to add people who don't have cool/desireable servants. :ssh:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I rerolled since it started working on my phone and didn't get anyone cool. Can you even get anything past 3 stars from your initial pull?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
No.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Not from the initial pull, but you can get 4 and 5 stars from the free points you get in the gift boxes. That's how I got my Hercules.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The android version sure loves to lock up on NP uses.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Do you :spergin: actually know how to read Japanese, or do you just go off the guides and a kanji to English tool of some sort?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mederlock posted:

Do you :spergin: actually know how to read Japanese, or do you just go off the guides and a kanji to English tool of some sort?

I can't read poo poo. The game is easy to play anyways, it's not rocket science.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
update: I rerolled and got the 4 star Siegfried (Saber) who is much more useful

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So, people playing Grand Order: how is it overall/so far?

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

Pureauthor posted:

So, people playing Grand Order: how is it overall/so far?

So far it's been a nice distraction if I'm waiting on something or doing something tedious where I have to look at something every now and then.
Added you as friend -Troika- and throwing my own friend ID: 156634940

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Grausherra posted:

So far it's been a nice distraction if I'm waiting on something or doing something tedious where I have to look at something every now and then.
Added you as friend -Troika- and throwing my own friend ID: 156634940

Added!

Also seconding that, it's fun enough so far and even though I can't read anything (I've mostly been skipping the dialogue) there's kind of unsurprisingly (given that it's Nasu) a lot of plot. This player guide's a lot more comprehensive and it kind of summarizes what's been going on:

http://kairosity.tumblr.com/post/125576872324/fategrand-order-how-to-play

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I rerolled since it started working on my phone and didn't get anyone cool. Can you even get anything past 3 stars from your initial pull?

You *can* get 4 stars from the initial pull, Chevalier D'eon and Carmilla. And that's it. So initial roll isn't the "reroll" roll.

Anyway, does anyone want a Vlad the Impaler account? I've also got a Stheno, 2x Elizabeth Bathory, EMIYA, and aforementioned Chevalier

Yeah, i am the reroll :spergin:
Anyway, my code is 241880269. I've got Saber(Artruria)

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 2, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Postal Parcel posted:

You *can* get 4 stars from the initial pull, Chevalier D'eon and Carmilla. And that's it. So initial roll isn't the "reroll" roll.

Anyway, does anyone want a Vlad the Impaler account? I've also got a Stheno, 2x Elizabeth Bathory, EMIYA, and aforementioned Chevalier

Yeah, i am the reroll :spergin:
Anyway, my code is 241880269. I've got Saber(Artruria)

Jeez dude what were you looking for that you'd give away that.
(Also how did you get so many rolls)

(yes I'd like it very much pretty please)

Kyte fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 2, 2015

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I'll plug in my code for the hell of it, even though I'm just playing this on the side.

I have both Chevalier and Unlimited Blade Woks, so I'll be switching between those two as leaders from time to time.

Damascus404
Oct 13, 2013
I'll throw in my lot as well, ID is 038731930 and I should have Rider (Ushiwakamaru (Yoshitsune?)) as my leader.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
FYI servers are being screwy right now, if you do stuff that takes materials the change might get reverted without refunding the mats. I suggest you hold off for now.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Kyte posted:

FYI servers are being screwy right now, if you do stuff that takes materials the change might get reverted without refunding the mats. I suggest you hold off for now.

Yep, I'm stuck in a crash/rollback loop in the main campaign. Seems okay in the daily missions though.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's ok now tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I spent 2000 friend points and got a 2 star lancer I don't recognize, a 1 star archer "Arash", Sasaki Kojiro (who is only 1 star :( ), and Spartacus Berserker. I also apparently got a decent craft equip from one of the two cards I got with star gems yesterday; it is 4 stars and has Ilya on it and seems to give a nice boost to attack/hp.

My leader is 3 star Saber Gilles de Rais if anyone wants to add me: 176493758