Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Craptacular posted:

My Panto is ~216k, and I could wring a little more out of it if I wanted to. Just select the highest cost mod in each section.

*Wee Bairns likes this post*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I'm still confused lmao I feel so dumb... So you dupe the Panto with the lovely cars and then dupe OVER the Panto? How do you get multiple Pantos so that you can sell some? I need a nap

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I'm still confused lmao I feel so dumb... So you dupe the Panto with the lovely cars and then dupe OVER the Panto? How do you get multiple Pantos so that you can sell some? I need a nap

No, the base Panto that you're duping should not be a replacement vehicle. Buy it legit, and dupe it.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Ok:

1. Buy and mod Panto.
2. Start race with custom Panto
3. Get out of Panto and into Any Vehicle
4. Respawn then accelerate
5. What happens here??? I just replaced Any Vehicle with the Panto so now it's only worth whatever Any Vehicle was??? It is embarrassing how much trouble I'm having following this

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Ok:

1. Buy and mod Panto.
5. What happens here??? I just replaced Any Vehicle with the Panto so now it's only worth whatever Any Vehicle was??? It is embarrassing how much trouble I'm having following this

5. The replaced vehicle, if it's now a Panto, is worth the price of a modded Panto. Its weird, its Rockstar.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Ok:

1. Buy and mod Panto.

The timing on 4 is tricky as poo poo. Basically you're just selling the mods. I buy Rusty Rebels for 3k to replace with my Panto, and then sell the dupes for 201k a pop. Have most of the vehicles I want now too.

Are there any odd vehicles that one should look into getting while doing this? I tried getting a golf cart but that seems to be a no go, just ate the car it was replacing.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Ok:

1. Buy and mod Panto.

5. quit race, sell Panto Dupe. It should be worth the base sell price of Any Vehicle + Original Panto mods.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Thanks y'all, I finally Get it. Here's hoping they don't patch it by tomorrow afternoon 'cause I've got work in the morning

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Zigmidge posted:

I just finished my classics garage!

That Stirling looks p sweet but I don't know about the James Bond car.

if they had an option to remove the guns I would be all over those virtual pixels but w/the hood guns I just can't do it :sigh:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

A few random screenies from today's glitchfest...

Aardmania and I took our time finishing this race. We get distracted easily....

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

coupedeville posted:

if they had an option to remove the guns I would be all over those virtual pixels but w/the hood guns I just can't do it :sigh:

The guns aren't even an option, as the car has been, according to the website lore, decommissioned.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Wee Bairns posted:

The guns aren't even an option, as the car has been, according to the website lore, decommissioned.

That's even worse because the guns are still on the hood.

Taunting us.

Juxtaposed Shoe
May 15, 2014
A few things from over the last few weeks:

We discovered that if you drive a Sultan under a dump truck it freaks the hell out and bounces all over the place, getting really deformed but it seems to almost hurt the Dump more than the car. Wish I'd taken more screenshots though.

A fun bug: I can't remember which heist this was where it finishes with you in the heist leader's apartment. We did this heist and then when loading the cutscene the heist leader crashed, and it didn't let us move for 5 minutes, then all we could do was stand up and sit down.

Then another time a hacker spawned a UFO and a few dozen enormous Christmas trees, I don't know why but it was fun.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Looks like it's patched

ExplodingSquid fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Aug 3, 2015

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

coupedeville posted:

I agree, I agonized over that one but I'm not sure what I'd put in its place.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

R* announced double RP/cash for Pacific Standard this week. I don't really need the money (I bought pretty much everything I want with the hack yesterday) but if anyone wants to run it on PS4 tonight I'll be on around 7:30-8 CDT.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Craptacular posted:

R* announced double RP/cash for Pacific Standard this week. I don't really need the money (I bought pretty much everything I want with the hack yesterday) but if anyone wants to run it on PS4 tonight I'll be on around 7:30-8 CDT.

I'm in.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Good, you need to host then, because while I got a lot of money yesterday, I spent all but ~$5k .

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Wee Bairns posted:

I meant physically remove the hood guns from the vehicle model I dunno what u thought I was talking about

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Am I too late to get a Roosevelt?

pretty good aggro deck
Dec 31, 2007

Extinct!
Is there any way, on the PC version, to stop the camera from moving back to its 'default' position behind a vehicle.

Basically I don't want the camera to move while driving/flying/whatever unless I move it.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
The glitch still seems to be working on XB1. I haven't found a compatible race to test it with on PS4 though.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

I HAVE A ROOSEVELT!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Cute as heck posted:

Am I too late to get a Roosevelt?

Cute as heck posted:

I HAVE A ROOSEVELT!

How'd you get it? :v:

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

Pakled posted:

How'd you get it? :v:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs?missionId=9kcZyPY3JE-3tuUeRqL2wg

The new job for PS4

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Why isn't there any of this poo poo for PC? I want my Roosevelt back so bad. :/

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

Why isn't there any of this poo poo for PC? I want my Roosevelt back so bad. :/

Just ask a hacker to give you one?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Craptacular posted:

Good, you need to host then, because while I got a lot of money yesterday, I spent all but ~$5k .

Hmmmm, this seems... familiar.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Cute as heck posted:

Just ask a hacker to give you one?

You can't keep cars they spawn in.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

quote:

THE MISSION IS NOT FOUND.
BROWSE MORE MISSIONS BELOW, OR USE THE SEARCH OPTIONS ABOVE.

for gently caress sake

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Cojawfee posted:

You can't keep cars they spawn in.

Yeah, about that...

Somehow I managed to save one. Took it to the LS Customs, it let me slap a tracker and full coverage on it and replace my Panto. I'm out of town for a few days, but hit me up Friday night and i'll see if I can hook you up.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I found a working PS4 race: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/NhQFS9YS1EiYONEYsRQBhA

Got myself a Roosevelt from it, bought a ton of expensive clothing poo poo because why not. What was the Sports Classic car that everyone was suggesting they upgrade to from Ill-Gotten Gains? The Invetero Coquette or the Sterling GT? I got a feeling it's the Sterling.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Policenaut posted:

What was the Sports Classic car that everyone was suggesting they upgrade to from Ill-Gotten Gains? The Invetero Coquette or the Sterling GT? I got a feeling it's the Sterling.

Sterling GT is the consensus

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Grab a Coquette Blackfin too (Muscle class).

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
gently caress you guys the coquette classic is a drift mobile that goes 130.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

OhsH posted:

gently caress you guys the coquette classic is a drift mobile that goes 130.

I win races in it.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

BitBasher posted:

I win races in it.

ok

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Craptacular posted:

Grab a Coquette Blackfin too (Muscle class).

Oh dang, the Blackfin is a Muscle class car? I figured it was a Classic/Sports Classic. Thanks you guys!

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

I have everything I want. I have a Riva Aquarama, and all of the sports classics, and finally a Roosevelt.

A little kid asked me why I was obeying the traffic laws. I told him because I'm rich, I'm over crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

...aaaand my internet flaked.

• Locked thread