Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Magnus Gallant posted:

My japanese katana would slice your guns into two halves with no effort.

That's one way of getting even more ripped!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

That's one way of getting even more ripped!

Heres one more way:

A bong

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Magnus Gallant posted:

I agree no one should have guns.

If you want to hunt use a bow and arrow or a crossbow or a sword or a bow that shoots swords.

Most guns used for hunting aren't bad; people are bad. Some of my best memories involve sitting up in a deer stand. Outside of those trips, the shotguns were locked away in a safe.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

Heres one more way:

A bong

Do you know why they call it pot?

Because it has the POTential to kill you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Most guns used for hunting aren't bad; people are bad. Some of my best memories involve sitting up in a deer stand. Outside of those trips, the shotguns were locked away in a safe.

I don't really have too much of a problem with guns, I'm pretty moderate on that topic overall, however I am very strongly pro trolling gun nerds.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

What is the difference between a magazine and a clip why I will tell you: a clip has a hole for a carbiner so you can CLIP it to your vest.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I attach spikes to the bumpers and doors of my car and dress up like Sweet Tooth when I want to go hunting as a means of passive aggression against the NRA

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

CCKeane posted:

What is the difference between a magazine and a clip why I will tell you: a clip has a hole for a carbiner so you can CLIP it to your vest.

And a magazine is something you used to read in the bathroom, before electricity was invented.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

And a magazine is something you used to read in the bathroom, before electricity was invented.

Yes, originally magazines got their name because of the huge instruction manual that came with each one.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm a big fan of hunting and hunters.

Because I'm a big fan of free meat.

Fun fact: i used to gig for frogs and cook fresh frog legs when i lived in Florida.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Fun fact: i used to gig for frogs and cook fresh frog legs when i lived in Florida.

I am a fan of the most dangerous game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

I prefer, personally, to hunt for the least dangerous game. I dislike danger.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Is it just the thrill, or do you use the human meat for something?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

BottleKnight posted:

Try the long pig.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

Long pig makes fine pulled pork.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

Frogs are tasty. But what's 'gigging' for frogs? Like what sort of action does that entail?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Frogs are tasty. But what's 'gigging' for frogs? Like what sort of action does that entail?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigging

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Frog gigging is when you are giving five minutes to croak out a set at the local watering hole.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I first thought it was typo for dig but spell check didn't catch it. That's really cool. How does having more than one prong on the spear help necessarily?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I first thought it was typo for dig but spell check didn't catch it. That's really cool. How does having more than one prong on the spear help necessarily?

Quoted from the link

A four or five-tined gig is often preferred for frog gigging, as they are normally wider giving the frog gigger more room for error when thrusting the gig at a frog

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I would never survive in the wild. I don't think I could actually kill even a frog or a fish.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

This may be my current favorite word. I wonder what the etymology is. Thank you for this exciting moment.

Kumbamontu posted:

I would never survive in the wild. I don't think I could actually kill even a frog or a fish.

I wonder if I could. I don't like killing large insects cause of the gross sliminess inside but I do it if necessary. On the other hand I don't mind handling raw meat/carcasses. So I don't know.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

Don't worry bud. If you ever need help surviving in the wilderness make sure you're stranded with ol' Cpig. I'll have us fed and outta there in no time.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm really good at big buck hunter so I should probably be the first round draft pick imo.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I can cut up a good fish, but also as I've gotten older I've become much less comfortable with killing things.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

ahimsā baby

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Mar 27, 2020

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

friends i'm catching up on ouya's news from the past few years and i'm getting a severe hit of annoyance at myself

when did i get so cynical that i wouldn't even give something a chance before dismissing it? i remember even as far back as 1996/7 i would ask my parents to help me buy a weird korean console-ish thing so that i could find out for myself whether it was worth playing or not

but the older i grew somehow i conflated being cynical and knee-jerkish with being smarter with my spending

:(

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
pick up rocks and eat bugs that live under the rocks, they shouldn't be too filling but should be chock full of protein and essential minerals

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ernie. posted:

friends i'm catching up on ouya's news from the past few years and i'm getting a severe hit of annoyance at myself

when did i get so cynical that i wouldn't even give something a chance before dismissing it? i remember even as far back as 1996/7 i would ask my parents to help me buy a weird korean console-ish thing so that i could find out for myself whether it was worth playing or not

but the older i grew somehow i conflated being cynical and knee-jerkish with being smarter with my spending

I don't think it's a conflation

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't think it's a conflation

yeah but i still think 'being wiser' is not the same as 'giving up on your hobbies'. i used to buy consoles that i knew were doomed before because hell, one person will develop something cool for them, and until the late 2000s that held up but then i randomly stopped

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ernie. posted:

yeah but i still think 'being wiser' is not the same as 'giving up on your hobbies'. i used to buy consoles that i knew were doomed before because hell, one person will develop something cool for them, and until the late 2000s that held up but then i randomly stopped

Oh. Well, there's just so much available in the current market that maybe you don't feel dropping a c-note for the one game you'll like is justifiable anymore. I don't really play video games any more but I don't look at it as giving up something I once dearly loved as much as finding other things I enjoy spending my leisure time on.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I get where you are coming from, but it was easy to see that something that was basically an android phone that required a TV and had other severe limitations was going to struggle. It wouldn't even make sense to make exclusives for it because it was designed to be easy to port games to. I am more bummed by the slow and quiet death of the PS Vita, because that is a really cool device that was almost immediately abandoned from its potential.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

Someone did make somethign cool for Ouya

and immediately ported it to PC and PS4~

But yeah Ouya was always always always going to fail, don't feel bad about having been able to spot it. It was a garage project with no dev support who made outright false promises to get a certain segment of the internet hyped. You don't feel bad when you see a Kevin Trudeau book peddling homeopathy and raise an eyebrow at it, do you?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Ernie. posted:

I think it's important to find the balance between the cynical excesses of maturity and the impulses towards childish free spiritness. Allowing either to dominate your thinking can be quite self-destructive. Still, some elements of childhood are invariably going to be left behind in time, just make sure that you find the ones that you truly care about and continue to hold them in your heart.

I recommend going LARPing.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Meinberg posted:

I think it's important to find the balance between the cynical excesses of maturity and the impulses towards childish free spiritness.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Meinberg posted:

I think it's important to find the balance between the cynical excesses of maturity and the impulses towards childish free spiritness. Allowing either to dominate your thinking can be quite self-destructive. Still, some elements of childhood are invariably going to be left behind in time, just make sure that you find the ones that you truly care about and continue to hold them in your heart.

I recommend going LARPing.

Meinberg is it true that if you are good at dodgeball you can destroy everyone in a LARP and drink their tears?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

CCKeane posted:

Meinberg is it true that if you are good at dodgeball you can destroy everyone in a LARP and drink their tears?

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a bean bag packet.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

DuckHuntDog posted:

I get where you are coming from, but it was easy to see that something that was basically an android phone that required a TV and had other severe limitations was going to struggle. It wouldn't even make sense to make exclusives for it because it was designed to be easy to port games to. I am more bummed by the slow and quiet death of the PS Vita, because that is a really cool device that was almost immediately abandoned from its potential.

I completely agree with you. I have the white one and it owns... if I want to play a PS1 RPG on it. Not much else. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Meinberg posted:

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a bean bag packet.

If I catch the packet do they take damage?