Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Kyte posted:

Jeez dude what were you looking for that you'd give away that.
(Also how did you get so many rolls)

(yes I'd like it very much pretty please)

I was hunting for Huke's saber(Attila the Hun) and gave up after getting Saber saber. There were many rerolls in between that period
I guess you can hit me up at evoless33 gmail.com or pm PostParc on IRC.(Usually on synirc channels)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Postal Parcel posted:

I was hunting for Huke's saber(Attila the Hun) and gave up after getting Saber saber. There were many rerolls in between that period
I guess you can hit me up at evoless33 gmail.com or pm PostParc on IRC.(Usually on synirc channels)

So you were the source of all the myname zombies? :v:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the bluestacks emulator has some gay poo poo going on asking me to pay 2 bucks so i'm gonna grab qooapp on my phone instead

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I just pressed the "I'm gonna install these things yeah sure" button then quit the emulator from the system tray and it seems that cancelled the install.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I used Droid4X

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

4 star EMIYA as leader, 388112227

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Okay I got onto the Grand Order hype train. Is there a wiki or something similar which will translate abilities for me?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If you're having trouble levelling up your dudes, the daily quests at the top of the daily quest thing reward lots of XP items (the top one is saber, archer, and lancers, exclusively). Note that the ones that cost AP are more difficult but give better XP items.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...
It seems that Andy the Android emulator cannot handle Martha's Noble Phantasm causing a time out each time it's used meaning I'm stuck in Frogland.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I used Droid4X

I tried using that one originally but the pos installer refuses to connect to whatever chinese botnet it's trying to call.
EDIT: *sigh* Managed to install Droid4X but it also freeze's during Saber's NP in the tutorial and freezes if I try to reconnect to the server.

Grausherra fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Aug 3, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Most people I know use Bluestacks.

-Troika- posted:

If you're having trouble levelling up your dudes, the daily quests at the top of the daily quest thing reward lots of XP items (the top one is saber, archer, and lancers, exclusively). Note that the ones that cost AP are more difficult but give better XP items.
That's for today, mind you. Tomorrow (cutoff is midnight japan time)'s quest is XP items for the assassin, caster, rider and berserker. A list is here.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Kyte posted:

I just pressed the "I'm gonna install these things yeah sure" button then quit the emulator from the system tray and it seems that cancelled the install.

You can also just uninstall anything it installs and Bluestacks won't care.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Good End confirmed for BD release? :D

If true I assume it means we'll also be getting Sparks Liner High.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope Shirou dies and Saber gets depressed and eats a ton to cope.

Really I just want more Saber gluttony. It's funny.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
For those who are wondering what the gently caress your crafting essences do:

If it has the Green Quick symbol, it increases Quick damage by the stated %.
If it has the Blue Arts symbol, it increases Arts damage by the stated %.
If it has the Red Buster symbol, it increases Buster damage by the stated %.
If it has an Exclamation mark, it increases Critical damage by the stated %.
If it has a Crit Star, it increases the rate at which you collect Crit Stars in battle by the stated %.
If it has a Shield, it increases defense by the stated %.
If it has a sword with Rings behind it, it increases NP build rate by the stated %.
If it has a beam of light, it increases NP Damage by the stated %.
If it has a sword with an explosion-like glow behind it, it increases NP Starting % by the stated %.

Levelling up a crafting essence just seems to affect the attack and HP bonus (and the cost) so I'm unsure if there's any real benefit to doing so at this time.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Hmm, kind of figured that it either did increased damage or the frequency of the specific attack.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Shinjobi posted:

Really I just want more Saber gluttony. It's funny.
The main fault of the UBW anime is that there aren't enough Saber food jokes.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

-Troika- posted:

For those who are wondering what the gently caress your crafting essences do:

If it has the Green Quick symbol, it increases Quick damage by the stated %.
If it has the Blue Arts symbol, it increases Arts damage by the stated %.
If it has the Red Buster symbol, it increases Buster damage by the stated %.
If it has an Exclamation mark, it increases Critical damage by the stated %.
If it has a Crit Star, it increases the rate at which you collect Crit Stars in battle by the stated %.
If it has a Shield, it increases defense by the stated %.
If it has a sword with Rings behind it, it increases NP build rate by the stated %.
If it has a beam of light, it increases NP Damage by the stated %.
If it has a sword with an explosion-like glow behind it, it increases NP Starting % by the stated %.

Levelling up a crafting essence just seems to affect the attack and HP bonus (and the cost) so I'm unsure if there's any real benefit to doing so at this time.

http://kairosity.tumblr.com/post/125748860299/fategrand-order-craft-essence-compendium
Full list. (Weakness resist should read debuff resist, tho)
The icons are shared between craft essence and skills, too, so you can get an idea of what those do as well.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 3, 2015

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Huh, so about Da Vinci according to the TM Wikia and something I definitely missed since I've been skipping dialogue I wouldn't be able to read:

quote:

Leonardo da Vinci (レオナルド・ダ・ヴィンチ, ?) - Leonardo, a female, acts as the shopkeeper. While a male normally, she says that Mona Lisa represented the ideal beauty she pursued during her life, so she feels nothing wrong in having become that beauty itself.

So an actual trans character as opposed to genderswapping!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Incidentially, using multiple Berserkers makes finishing dailies piss easy. :laugh:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Compendium posted:

Huh, so about Da Vinci according to the TM Wikia and something I definitely missed since I've been skipping dialogue I wouldn't be able to read:

Lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Makes sense as people get summoned as the image people had of them and people saw Leonardo as the Gioconda?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Imagine if it was the Vitruvian Man.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Compendium posted:

Imagine if it was the Vitruvian Man.

:gonk:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
That's actually really neat.

Now what's the excuse for Attila?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

:madmax:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The :mrgw: smile.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Compendium posted:

IIRC one of the translators said she tweaked her own summon to pull that off, and actually gets mad at Dr. Roman (the mission control dude) when he insists on calling him He.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

His smile gets wider when you raise his level.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

BlitzBlast posted:

That's actually really neat.

Now what's the excuse for Attila?

At least she's not an Arturia clone.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Compendium posted:

Fate/Extra's Saber is one too, kinda; she has one dialogue event where she mentions she thinks of herself as being both male and female. (Her explanation for why she feels that way is a little essentialist about gender roles, but hey, she's from ancient Rome, cut her some slack.)

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Thuryl posted:

Fate/Extra's Saber is one too, kinda; she has one dialogue event where she mentions she thinks of herself as being both male and female. (Her explanation for why she feels that way is a little essentialist about gender roles, but hey, she's from ancient Rome, cut her some slack.)

IIRC, the conversation is more about how she doesn't care if someone she loves is male or female.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

She's a bisexual girl who got changed in mainstream history to a neckbeard because the Christians hate her. There.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I don't really like how many servants seem to be objectively better than others in this (though I understand how it's kind of necessary for the whole gambling business model). Like, there are some servants I've gotten that look really cool but that I'm hesitant to use because they're 1 or 2 stars.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ytlaya posted:

I don't really like how many servants seem to be objectively better than others in this (though I understand how it's kind of necessary for the whole gambling business model). Like, there are some servants I've gotten that look really cool but that I'm hesitant to use because they're 1 or 2 stars.

Two star Servants can still be useful once levelled.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Here's a really handy FAQ someone put together for F/GO.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
F/GO servers down for extended maintenance, time unknown. Hope you guys bound your accounts because there's a pretty good chance anyone who didn't is abou to lose everything :v:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Gear up for some more free crystals, yea~

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

-Troika- posted:

F/GO servers down for extended maintenance, time unknown. Hope you guys bound your accounts because there's a pretty good chance anyone who didn't is abou to lose everything :v:

Nooo, and just after I had finally rerolled to a 4 star servant ( Siegfried ). Hopefully you don't end up being right.

Also, regarding lower star servants being useful/useable, I know they can be, but at any given level they would still be inferior to a higher star of the same class/rank (though enemies having classes at least gives you an excuse to use different servants yourself). At least the difference doesn't seem nearly as dramatic as in, say, puzzles and dragons.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Huh I always thought gay bulge was a joke but that's an academic reading of it. Bolga meaning either "swelling" or "sack" thus spear of swelling/the sack. Also he sticks it up his best friends rear end in a top hat, literally. I'm sorry Bazett about that husbando you summoned, you missed some subtext when you read it as a kid...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Kyte posted:

So you were the source of all the myname zombies? :v:

No, not even close. Apparently 'myname' was the default name for empty strings. I usually put in at least one character.

Anyway, looks like FGO is going to have even MORE issues as people are annoyed at the combined equip/servant gacha and the (googleplay)reviews have been dropping like a stone