Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Strawman posted:

They do it all the time, how many articles refer to Jimmy Savile as a catholic pedophile? Or the white pedophile rings this thread is about?

To be fair, I think you'd be making a pretty safe bet if you were to think that Lord Paedo II is white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Strawman posted:

They do it all the time, how many articles refer to Jimmy Savile as a catholic pedophile? Or the white pedophile rings this thread is about?
They could refer to the whole lot as Caucasian pedos and solve both that and the 'Asian' issue.

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014
Ben Fellows has been found not guilty of making a false claim that they were abused by Kenneth Clarke.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

tdrules posted:

Ben Fellows has been found not guilty of making a false claim that they were abused by Kenneth Clarke.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that doesn't mean Ben Fellows didn't do it but it's not beyond reasonable doubt that it's made up.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

willie_dee posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but that doesn't mean Ben Fellows didn't do it but it's not beyond reasonable doubt that it's made up.

It's possible yeah, but Ken Clarke's defence is now to pray for insanity.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

OhYeah posted:

Doesn't work like that here. If you say "Asian", you mean China, Korea, Japan, Vietnam or the countries in Eastern Asia. Then there is Central-Asian (people from Caucasus), Indian and Middle-Eastern. To call a bunch of Pakistanis "Asian" is beyond absurd, at least where I'm from. I didn't even consider it could be widely spread in other parts of the world, my bad.

BEYOND ABSURD

Is how I might describe your posting in this thread.

In other news I got another person to sign up to vote for Jez today. WHAT DID YOU DO?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I've made a huge mistake.

V. Illych L. posted:

the uk had a lot of commonwealth immigration from india and pakistan, who have formed the basis of what they normally call "asian"

you idiot

Everyone forgets :ceylon:

(Watch that be the smiley I buy)

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Finally Heath is being publicly being investigated -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-33755726

quote:

The police watchdog is to investigate claims a child sex abuse case was dropped because of threats to expose former Prime Minister Edward Heath.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) said the inquiry concerns Wiltshire Police's handling of an alleged claim made in the 1990s.

Its always been surmised and alleged that the reason why Paedophilia became so ignored within government was due to the fact one was / had been the Prime Minister; especially within the Tory ranks as he probably helped a few of the others get higher up the ladder of power.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
At least he's dead, so we can make all the Ped Heath jokes we want without libel charges.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I am severely freaked that there's solid evidence that the effing Prime Minister was a pedo and using his political contacts to cover it up. I mean, man. I'd heard previously that he was a highly-closeted homosexual, which was just par for the course for the times.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I am severely freaked that there's solid evidence that the effing Prime Minister was a pedo and using his political contacts to cover it up. I mean, man. I'd heard previously that he was a highly-closeted homosexual, which was just par for the course for the times.
Well, while Heath was PM, Jeremy Thorpe, one-time Liberal grandee, was tried and acquitted of commissioning the (failed) murder of his former gay lover. After he died last year Radio 4 broadcast a documentary full of some fairly persuasive evidence (including basically a confession) that he was guilty and that the only reason the murder didn't happen is that the crook that was hired to carry out the deed chickened out at the last minute and shot the guy's dog instead.

Does this sound loving crazy? Yes, but have a listen: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04wz633

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
There was talk in the media yesterday of a list of 28 that was being circulated on social media.
Has anyone seen this list? Googling brought me nothing.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

hitchensgoespop posted:

There was talk in the media yesterday of a list of 28 that was being circulated on social media.
Has anyone seen this list? Googling brought me nothing.

Good luck finding it and I hope nobody is stupid enough to post it here.

I have the list. Ive worked with victims. I even recently asked BM what I could do about getting a story across for one, but they changed their mind out of fear of reprisals. Perhaps rightly so, they were pretty sure someone somewhere is loving with them I cant even go any further, I think. From what happened to them, I guess they were right.

I have no idea what I can say on SA. I have no idea how much the coverup is continuing in terms of organised violence, but theres a lot of information suppression. I couldnt say, for example, that any recent libel proceedings were a kangaroo court, even if they were. But SA is not the place to discuss it before court orders.

David Cameron was handed part of it on live TV. I'm not sure if its fully accurate, I promise you its partially accurate.

I understand that a lot of this post is nonsense, but we are talking about people who weaponise legal actiom, and to whom the courtroom is a first step. Its a lot of hassle.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
This is why there needs to be a service like the ones for ranking online drug vendors. If it was owned and operated by someone in the USA then the SHIELD laws protect them from British libel claims, and it could allow anonymous submissions and give them community confidence ratings or something.

I assume all this stuff is up on wikileaks or something anyway, which is similar.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Yea, I thought SA was hosted in the US, so they wouldn't have to give up any information to enforce UK libel laws due to the free speech bit of their constitution?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Is this the Elm Tree Guest House list that Philip Schofield showed to Cameron? It's pretty easy to find.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Yo if someone can demonstrate a similar case where the US has told the UK to gently caress off on a national security libel issue, then I'll post everything I can dig up that wont jeapordise any of the victims. Some things will out them by their very nature, like bank records, and I won't post those without being certain they're determined.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

nothing to seehere posted:

Yea, I thought SA was hosted in the US, so they wouldn't have to give up any information to enforce UK libel laws due to the free speech bit of their constitution?

Either way, the self-censorship is legit freaky. Britain, you have some lovely laws. :smith:

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Accretionist posted:

Either way, the self-censorship is legit freaky. Britain, you have some lovely laws. :smith:

They sent James Bond after any social worker trying to stop it. It's not just legality here, I could care less about courtroom appearences.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Someone send it to a non-UK citizen and have them post it, jeez.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

just put it on pastebin or something and then link to it in byob. so if you do wind up arrested or dead itll because of a byob post which will be pretty funny

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Don't listen to them. I hear Margret Thacher will personally haunt anyone who posts the list.:ohdear:

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

keep punching joe posted:

Is this the Elm Tree Guest House list that Philip Schofield showed to Cameron? It's pretty easy to find.

It wont be that. That's been 'common' knowledge for over a decade and has even been printed in the press a few times.

I assume Spangly A is referring to a list of MP's & Lords that they have significant evidence against.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Accretionist posted:

Well, it's not as if publishing and saying certain things in the US won't get you into deep poo poo.

Also libel laws do exist in the US. The main difference between the UK and the US is that the US has far stricter limitations on prior restraint and that the UK libel courts are for libel what the Eastern District of Texas is for patents.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Munin posted:

Well, it's not as if publishing and saying certain things in the US won't get you into deep poo poo.

Also libel laws do exist in the US. The main difference between the UK and the US is that the US has far stricter limitations on prior restraint and that the UK libel courts are for libel what the Eastern District of Texas is for patents.

Note the UK Libel laws were massively tightened up 2 years ago, and its now down to the libelled to prove they were significantly harmed by the libel, hence why many libel cases now fail. Libel law in the UK isn't really that bad now tbh, only issue it has is the whole cost of defending it, where in an ideal world the defender should be given compulsory legal aid.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also Scotland is nowhere near as bad about this kind of thing, it's really just the English courts that are for libel what the Eastern District of Texas is for patents. Someone in Scotland would have a lot more room to talk openly about this kind of thing (creepy Security Service poo poo aside).

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Actually yeah I was talking about the Schofield one. Everything else Ive seen is witness related, and that doesnt include names as they didn't often leave business cards. Part of the problem is the victims are going to need to go through psych evaluations and give as explicit testimoney as they can to figure out who exactly theyre talking about. Which is why the bank statements are a problem; its transfers between pimps and the children, which immediately exposes them without immediately exposing the main guilty parties. If it wasnt as such, then obviously theyd be posted and to hell with the conseauences, as by doing that there would be no point in a coverup.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Fun fact: UK libel courts will hear cases from anywhere, based anywhere, through the argument that 'if it's online it's visible to UK citizens'. For a while various oligarchs were using this to silence critics with no UK connections whatsoever. Ukrainian newspapers for example now flat out block UK IPs to try and defend themselves from being dragged up in front of m'lud by Ukrainian businessmen.

e: it's called libel tourism.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Spangly A posted:

Yo if someone can demonstrate a similar case where the US has told the UK to gently caress off on a national security libel issue, then I'll post everything I can dig up that wont jeapordise any of the victims. Some things will out them by their very nature, like bank records, and I won't post those without being certain they're determined.

I and several others ran servers in the US that handled the leaked list of BNP members when that happened, and our ISPs all told anyone complaining to gently caress off because it wasn't illegal here. :shrug:

It was pretty neat, our British friend had worked out a great Google Maps mashup so you could chunk in a postcode and it'd tell you which of the racist fucks was closest to you.

So yeah basically some british dude hit me up and i'll host it. If you'd rather email then PM, fishmech@gmail.com

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Obliterati posted:

Fun fact: UK libel courts will hear cases from anywhere, based anywhere, through the argument that 'if it's online it's visible to UK citizens'. For a while various oligarchs were using this to silence critics with no UK connections whatsoever. Ukrainian newspapers for example now flat out block UK IPs to try and defend themselves from being dragged up in front of m'lud by Ukrainian businessmen.

e: it's called libel tourism.

No they can't. Only UK residents can file a Libel claim in the UK now (I assume this holds true also for Scotland and N'Ireland as they have their own rules), that was changed 2 years ago.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

ukle posted:

No they can't. Only UK residents can file a Libel claim in the UK now (I assume this holds true also for Scotland and N'Ireland as they have their own rules), that was changed 2 years ago.

I stand corrected - I should have wondered why the Eye stopped going on about it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Obliterati posted:

I stand corrected - I should have wondered why the Eye stopped going on about it.

Pretty sure they've said in the last issue or four that it's still going on.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Jedit posted:

Nothing in the current one, I don't think - but I'm curious now, will double-check when I'm in the house.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Jedit posted:

This is the new libel act for the curious -

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2013/26/contents/enacted

ukle fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 4, 2015

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Whether under the new act or the old, presumably anyone in that list, being a UK resident, can still sue whoever, wherever for libel.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

feedmegin posted:

Whether under the new act or the old, presumably anyone in that list, being a UK resident, can still sue whoever, wherever for libel.

As long as the courts decide that the British courts are the correct place for the case to be heard, yes.

Also back to the real topic...

Kent Police have announced they are also investigating former PM Edward Heath, that makes 4 areas conducting investigations into him - Wiltshire, London Met, Jersey, and now Kent Police. At this rate half the countries forces will have investigations on him by the weekend.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Child prostitutes have to commute too, you know.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Spangly A posted:

Child prostitutes have to commute too, you know.

"Commute" implies they go back again.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Jedit posted:

"Commute" implies they go back again.

White people from kent can't disappear into the night forever. Then someone might notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Wasn't Ped Heath the one who was supposed to have children's bodies dumped in the sea or some sick poo poo?

Also yeah if its the Elm House Guest list its literally the first thing on google.

Oh poo poo who's that at my door?

e: mi5 are hugely incompetent and GCHQ are having to deal with spying on all data everywhere in the world which is functionally identical to not being able to spy.
If I'm wrong may I be found dead in a car park after commiting suicide with an axe to the back of my head.

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 4, 2015

• Locked thread