Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Vitamins posted:

i work really hard making loads of money for other people and not much for myself. though i do enjoy my job which is fine by me and seems to be a rarity these days.

went to the hipster beer shop today and it turns out it's not hipster at all. bought a growler of beavertown neck oil and a belgian beer called delirium tremens. it all cost £££ but is a very nice shop and they have a huge selection so will definitely go back.

my evenings sorted :getin:

WTF is a growler? I only know one definition of that in English, and you certainly wouldn't want to fill it with beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
who is the richest poster itt?

asking for a friend *hides D&D against the wall list*

Rolled Cabbage
Sep 3, 2006
I am not working for no money. This is a marginal improvement over all previous employment which was working very hard for poo poo money (and even shitier people).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

im not working that hard but im not earning a lot either

you've got your fat mam for that

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Delerium do a really nice, easy-drinking christmas beer that is also ~10.5%. It is incredibly dangerous, but also expensive.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vitamins posted:

went to the hipster beer shop today and it turns out it's not hipster at all. bought a growler of beavertown neck oil and a belgian beer called delirium tremens. it all cost £££ but is a very nice shop and they have a huge selection so will definitely go back.

All the Delirium is really good, that an Saison Dupont are my Belgian beers of choice.

Also I'm afraid the shop you went into sold growlers and therefore is a hipster shop, it's you, you're the hipster.

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

Vitamins posted:

i work really hard making loads of money for other people and not much for myself. though i do enjoy my job which is fine by me and seems to be a rarity these days.

DT is super strong iirc.
I like beavertown. More accurately, I like their can art. It's pretty.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

tentish klown posted:

DT is super strong iirc.

I've got mixed feelings about Beavertown beer, the Gamma Ray is good though.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
how much pay is really great pay?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Depends where you live.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Bozza posted:

who is the richest poster itt?

asking for a friend *hides D&D against the wall list*

its klown i think

im rich in friendship

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

corn in the fridge posted:

how much pay is really great pay?

http://www.neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk/HTMLDocs/dvc126/

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

25% over the median for my area :smuggo:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Looks like im exactly average for where I live

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Or is that before or after tax??

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

Before.

41% over, suck it poor still unironically a communist

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Slash posted:

WTF is a growler? I only know one definition of that in English, and you certainly wouldn't want to fill it with beer.

To me (and granted I picked this usage up in the US) it's a large bottle with a stopper held on by a metal spring/clip thing. Sort of thing Belgian beer sometimes comes in.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Bozza posted:

Before.

41% over, suck it poor still unironically a communist

oh then I'm like £200/wk over the average i dunno what percentage that is

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

How can you earn £6-700 a week and not know how to work out a loving percentage? Thatcher's Britain.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Bozza posted:

How can you earn £6-700 a week and not know how to work out a loving percentage? Thatcher's Britain.

he mends aston martins, he doesn't need to be good at maths for that afaik

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
idk cuz i don't sit at a desk starting at numbers on a spreadsheet all day? idk ijdk

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
that too

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I earn 270% over the average full time male wage in my area.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

that's a cool job. Divide your earnings by the average and multiply by 100 to get the percentage. We might have a winner though holy poo poo ^^^

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Slash posted:

lmao

it's like a 2 litre bottle, nearly 4 pints. dude had like 4 taps on and just filled a bottle up with whatever beer you wanted

Aramoro posted:

All the Delirium is really good, that an Saison Dupont are my Belgian beers of choice.

Also I'm afraid the shop you went into sold growlers and therefore is a hipster shop, it's you, you're the hipster.

i m not interesting/boring enough to be a hipster though

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

tentish klown posted:

DT is super strong iirc.

yeah I think it's like 8.3% or something

and it came in a really pretty bottle too which owns

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vitamins posted:

i m not interesting/boring enough to be a hipster though

You do drink growlers of craft beer though, so the evidence is against you on this.

quote:

and it came in a really pretty bottle too which owns

I've got a Delirium cycle shirt which also owns, I really want to go to their bar as well.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

posting on the internet about my earnings

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I think the man next to me on the train is listening to kazoo music through his lovely noise leaking headphones

Quote this post if you're on a train and love kazoos (and then turn your music down)

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

Dysgenesis posted:

I earn 270% over the average full time male wage in my area.

Either you're earning shitloads, or you live in a shithole. Either way, I smell poo poo.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
270% over would be ~£85k around here. I could buy a better quality of chocolate biscuits with that.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i've had a couple of calls from an 0203 number recently that knew my name but the connection was poo poo and i had no idea who they were. i assume its someone trying to scam me?

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

goatface posted:

270% over would be ~£85k around here. I could buy a better quality of chocolate biscuits with that.

The sad thing is, I don't buy any biscuits.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

i've had a couple of calls from an 0203 number recently that knew my name but the connection was poo poo and i had no idea who they were. i assume its someone trying to scam me?

Or sell you something. Might be an upseller for a utility or whatever.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
next dumb York question: organic groceries

is there some secret hidden place where you go to get that kind of thing or do I just have to pay through the nose at M&S like a chump?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Jose posted:

krrssshhh... Jose... would you like to buy... a new patio...... crackle...

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

Superterranean posted:

next dumb York question: organic groceries

is there some secret hidden place where you go to get that kind of thing or do I just have to pay through the nose at M&S like a chump?

Just eat normal vegetables big man, you're in the EU now. Farmers spraying cyanide or some awful shot on crops is not a thing here.

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

Bozza posted:

I'll be asking you questions every time our signal sighting guy wants to try and sneak signals inside the installation handbook standard then!

Contrats, is that stuff that comes off the laser train thing?

That laser train is National Rail's but like me it resides and is slowly dying in Derby.

We have these lasersweep things instead :science:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
the gently caress is a laser train?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bozza posted:

Just eat normal vegetables big man, you're in the EU now. Farmers spraying cyanide or some awful shot on crops is not a thing here.

to add to this eggs here shouldn't be kept in the fridge because they're not sprayed or something