Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RiskyChris posted:

No, a minute earlier when he just spams out all his spells in the gank (giving up weave on the gg push) was the even more pubbie. I can see pubs having stupid micro but absolutely 0 awareness after an hour long game that you have a rubick on the other team is just...

man that game has me fuckin depressed :negative:

Graving yourself instead of your carry getting murdered half a screen away isn't bad micro it's mashing the ability in a panic and casting it on yourself because you have doubletap = selfcast on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
No more Shadow Fiend and Dazzle please

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i feel after that VG game yesterday they cant beat c9. that ice3 qop was painful

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

caberham posted:

No more [...] Dazzle please

t:mad:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Radical posted:

i feel after that VG game yesterday they cant beat c9. that ice3 qop was painful

C9 is capable of losing to any team.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Bo3 no repeats would be fun

Pierre McGuire
Oct 30, 2010
if you want to give yourself a headache while watching the navi/vg replay, try observing from sonneiko's player perspective - it's nuts

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Radical posted:

You underestimate C9's ability to throw.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Radical posted:

no game is unloseable for C9

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
20k networth lead

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:

Andrast posted:

C9 is capable of losing to any team.

Clown9 going out of TI5 0-4 in the main event would be awful but the way they played those CDEC games it wouldn't even be too surprising.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

why didn't the stream start yet the first game is supposed to start in half an hour

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

Asiina posted:

Did he ever get a point in poison touch? You'd think a single goddamn point would be useful if only to have another spell to cast if you can't get out of that rubick aghs cast range.

He did not. He had a glimmer but it wasn't exactly going to be useful to use purely to try to hide after using your grave.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Asiina posted:

Did he ever get a point in poison touch? You'd think a single goddamn point would be useful if only to have another spell to cast if you can't get out of that rubick aghs cast range.
This pisses me off as much as no missile gyro.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

IcePhoenix posted:

why didn't the stream start yet the first game is supposed to start in half an hour

If its anything like yesterday the game won't be starting until like 2 anyways because we need an hour of talking heads first.

HGH posted:

Poison touch has been nerfed a ton while missile has been consistently buffed. One is way worse than the other.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

Jokes on you the games won't start for at least an hour after the stream is scheduled to start

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

IcePhoenix posted:

Pretty sure stream starts at 1 EST for hype then games start an hour after that.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
coL
Secret
Empire
C9

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i wish they'd get gabe up on the desk for some input

"c9s chances that game were about as real as hl3"

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

HGH posted:

Seriously, even if it's not that great, why ignore it completely? Especially when you're just getting stats at that point. You never know when you may actually want or need it.

And again in a game where Rubick is doing work and anything else he steals from you will be amazing, why not get a single point in your lovely spell to try to limit the amount of damage he can do to you.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Crell posted:

Pretty sure stream starts at 1 EST for hype then games start an hour after that.

I stand by "supposed to start" :colbert:

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Crell posted:

The stream starts at 10am PDT. 12 minutes from now.

E: which is 1pm EST :downs:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Radical posted:

i wish they'd get gabe up on the desk for some input

"I don't know what the gently caress's going on here. Keep spending that money."

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.
Gabe just stares at his hands.

"My team worked for months to create Half Life 2, it earned about 5 million USD and high praise. The special Immortal hats that we crank for the compendium made us 15 million USD in about a week. This don't matter. None of this matters. The International is God's punishment for a sin-cursed world, and I am going to reign in hell."

He stares at the camera for the next 15 minutes unblinking, as Pyrion mops sweat from his neckbeard and begins to cry.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Col is HEAVILY unfavored vs EG, which is funny because col did very well and eg has been slacking lately. ez rares to be made for any betting man

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.

Minrad posted:

Col is HEAVILY unfavored vs EG, which is funny because col did very well and eg has been slacking lately. ez rares to be made for any betting man

ppd was already pre-salting during his interview with HotBid. He said they picked them over c9 because they don't respect Col and think c9 is the tougher match.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
ppd is a jerk and i hope eg gets dumpstered

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

frest posted:

ppd was already pre-salting during his interview with HotBid. He said they picked them over c9 because they don't respect Col and think c9 is the tougher match.

C9 has a lot of experience against EG and PPD knows that they can lose to them for that reason.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Minrad posted:

Don't EG tend to underperform in groups anyway? Today's a whole new ballgame.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Stream up

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
USA
USA
USA

remember

whoever wins EG vs CoL

USA wins

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Really looking forward to EG losing

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
NICE AUDIO VOLVO

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Taffer posted:

Really looking forward to EG losing

same

and then coL getting dumpstered in the next round

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I love how Lin is so much better at these interview things than the dota players.

(yes I get it's media training)

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
I don't see how you guys can root for moonmeander and swindle over aui and universe.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Knowlue posted:

I don't see how you guys can root for moonmeander and swindle over aui and universe.

It's not rooting for coL

it's rooting against ppd

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Knowlue posted:

Fly is more sympathetic than the rest of both those teams put together

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
Kaci kotl fangirl :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I wish they had a cool and famous sportsman being interviewed rather than a basketballer

• Locked thread