Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hear male mma fighters can't go drinking at all because there's always some drunk retard that wants to fight them, I wonder if she deals with the same poo poo (from guys and girls)

On the other hand, she seems like the type of chick who's idea of drinking is " fill the truck with pallets and Busch lite, find a field and have a bonfire "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Kinda tough to say that her opponents are "so terrible" when she's just off-the-wall insane.

Her loving ground game is something terrorizing to behold, its so loving good.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Kinda tough to say that her opponents are "so terrible" when she's just off-the-wall insane.

She's good, but I don't think any of GSP's title defenses started with his opponent trying to land an RKO, and most of them could block.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Slim Pickens posted:

On the other hand, she seems like the type of chick who's idea of drinking is " fill the truck with pallets and Busch lite, find a field and have a bonfire "

Charmander, I choose you!!!

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

Well, in her defense that's a pretty fun time drinking.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

she used to moderate a pokemon message board.

Also someone like Cat Zingano isn't bad. She would and has destroyed most fighters she faced, but running after Ronda with a flying knee isn't a smart gameplan.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
http://i.imgur.com/9ciSNye.gifv

dont look at it at work, I guess

from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyjkeC4RJ4o

why isnt this an avatar yet

Zeris fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 4, 2015

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
GoPros are cool.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Someone in PSP recently put it fairly clear-cut: She'd be at the top of her weight class' pile in any generation, but right now the disparity in skill betwen the top and everything not the top is so brutal that, to date, there's been a single fighter with her in the cage that even knew what was happening. Not even remotely in a position to keep it from happening, but at least aware of what it was.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

the full video is cool

pasties and fishnet abound!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
womens mma is a loving joke and the only proof you need is the fact that a loving judoka is an untouchable champion that crushes everyone she faces

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

I hear male mma fighters can't go drinking at all because there's always some drunk retard that wants to fight them, I wonder if she deals with the same poo poo (from guys and girls)

I'm pretty sure you can find bars where people don't want to find you. Just don't go to lovely college dive bars.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

DownByTheWooter posted:

America fought fascists AND communists with the M1 Garand how loving dare you

If you want one, get while the gettin's good. They're taking orders at the CMP again. Service Grade is the best value/$ imo, but that's honestly pretty arbitrary if you just want it to shoot for fun, since the cheaper Field Grade ones function just fine. I expect you could flip it at a gun show for $500+ profit, especially in a year or however long it's going to take the CMP to sell out this time. I really wish I'd bought a carbine when they had them.
https://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/

Do you know where you can buy a m1 carbine?

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Reverand maynard posted:

They used to be in stock at the CMP, but other than that I've never looked, because the surplus rifles cmp.org sells have a reputation for being good value for money, and the one dealer table I looked at at a gun show was (obviously) asking about $6-800 more than they were worth.

There must be heaps of them out there if you really want one.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
:nws:
https://gfycat.com/GrimyLikableGermanshepherd

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

womens mma is a loving joke and the only proof you need is the fact that a loving judoka is an untouchable champion that crushes everyone she faces

so kinda like mens mma in the beginning?

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

dang.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

jewdank

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ElMaligno posted:

so kinda like mens mma in the beginning?

Ronda would win UFC 1 with ease and probably a good number of them after that.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ronda would win UFC 1 with ease and probably a good number of them after that.

tank abbot would have just tossed her out of the cage tho

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wanna see Ronda tap out that dude with one boxing glove

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Here's Ronda effortlessly whooping a guy 40-50 lbs bigger than her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glCAiJpfAFE

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 4, 2015

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

Prices on them have been going steadily up. Your best bet might be to post a Want To Buy ad on the CMP forums. Make sure you don't get one of the lovely postwar commercial carbines.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Here's Ronda effortlessly whooping a guy 40-50 lbs bigger than her.
Yeah I guess 50 lbs of muscle and like 8" of reach don't really help if you aren't punching.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Aug 4, 2015

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
How would she fair with a male mma guy of the same weight class? Is she really that good, or have the rest of the female competition just not caught up to her? I really don't follow mma or punch sports at all.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
mma is dumb, but not as dumb as mr nice

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Rad Lieutenant posted:

How would she fair with a male mma guy of the same weight class? Is she really that good, or have the rest of the female competition just not caught up to her? I really don't follow mma or punch sports at all.

she seems quick enough to fight off blows, but when it gets to a grapple i have a feeling she'd be down and out

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Dead Reckoning posted:

Yeah I guess 50 lbs of muscle and like 8" of reach don't really help if you aren't punching.

Thats the entire point of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

vains
May 26, 2004

ElMaligno posted:

Thats the entire point of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

thats also what he was pointing out

in a actual fight, his size/strength advantages wouldn't have been negated. thus, mr nice is a retard for posting that video like it matters

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

look at this drat anime nerd

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm not saying Ronda would be able to beat Uriah Hall in a fight. I'm just saying that she's badass tossing him around like that.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Rad Lieutenant posted:

How would she fair with a male mma guy of the same weight class? Is she really that good, or have the rest of the female competition just not caught up to her?
My personal opinion is that it's definitely the latter. She's very, very good, and I like watching her fight, but the rest of the women's division doesn't have any strong opponents. Against a male bantamweight? I don't think she could afford to trade punches, and most of the guys who make it to the top have good takedown defense.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm not saying Ronda would be able to beat Uriah Hall in a fight. I'm just saying that she's badass tossing him around like that.
Uriah Hall is a kickboxer with six professional knockouts. Saying that Rousey can take him in a casual scramble if he doesn't do the thing he's incredibly good at that would turn her entire gameplan to poo poo isn't exactly a deep insight.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 5, 2015

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's a case of both. There are very few people, man or woman, with the dedication that she has. Ronda works her rear end off. Just 5 years ago she was living in her car.

And yes, I know who Uriah Hall is. I know in a fight he'd beat the hell out of her. That wasn't at all why I posted the video in the first place. It was entirely posted just as an example of her being badass not trying to say that she could beat a middleweight in a fight.

Uriah's KO of Adam was sick, but my fav KO of his from that season is when he knocked out the australian guy from his back.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Uriah's KO of Adam was sick, but my fav KO of his from that season is when he knocked out the australian guy from his back.
I just like that clip for his expression when he starts to think he may have killed a man on cable television.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

look at this drat anime nerd

Like her, I also started practicing martial arts because im a big dumb anime nerd.

I will never be as good as her though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dead Reckoning posted:

I just like that clip for his expression when he starts to think he may have killed a man on cable television.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Rick and Morty is just fantastic :allears:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Rick and Morty is just fantastic :allears:

the writing is really great

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the writing is really great
"Hey other Rick, how many deaths was your Morty responsible for today?"
"None, we were at Blips and Chitz!"
"Must be nice, huh?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

in short, fighting sports are gay as are the people that actually like them. except for pro wrestling.

• Locked thread