Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Uriah's KO of Adam was sick

I used to train at the gym Adam Cella works at and wanted to ask him about it but I didn't want to die.

No balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

in short, fighting sports are gay as are the people that actually like them. except for pro wrestling.
What we need is death sports. Toss a few condemned criminals in a pit with hammers and pipes and stream it online for $19.99 a minute.

Then up the ante as your subscriber base becomes more jaded and blood thirsty to the point where it's like running man.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

I used to train at the gym Adam Cella works at and wanted to ask him about it but I didn't want to die.

No balls.
If I was him, I'd just tell people I didn't remember.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

in short, fighting sports are gay as are the people that actually like them. except for pro wrestling.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyKWUTwSYAs

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

That looks awful.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

holocaust bloopers posted:

That looks awful.

I can't remember where I posted it, so I'm just going to say it again:

"I don't think I've ever seen so much 'trying too hard' in a 3 minute video."

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
True, but on the other hand, the studio exec that inks the contract to sell offically licensed Deadpool quote merchandise at Spencer's Gifts is going to be able to make an igloo of the purest marching powder and live out the rest of his days there.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Deadpool strikes me like Reddit created a superhero.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I was shocked to see that they're actually following the storyline of the comic and had people playing Blind Al and Weasel. It'll be cool when they eventually bring in Cable for the inevitable sequels.

Dead Reckoning posted:

True, but on the other hand, the studio exec that inks the contract to sell offically licensed Deadpool quote merchandise at Spencer's Gifts is going to be able to make an igloo of the purest marching powder and live out the rest of his days there.

ding ding ding ding

at the very least, they're staying true to the character and comics this time, and it's going to kill when it comes to getting the teenage audience. we're talking $300 mill easily from ticket sales.

it's the Fox version of Guardians of the Galaxy, and they are going to milk the gently caress out of it and get paid.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Deadpool strikes me like Reddit created a superhero.

the comic series is nothing special outside of them just throwing random marvel heroes into it to react to him. There was some cool stuff done around the Civil War series with him running around with Cable, but otherwise it's a read once, laugh, and move on series

he's used best when the writers need to work out some frustration at the bullshit corners they wrote themselves into in other series

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

"I don't think I've ever seen so much 'trying too hard' in a 3 minute video."

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Dead Reckoning posted:

My personal opinion is that it's definitely the latter. She's very, very good, and I like watching her fight, but the rest of the women's division doesn't have any strong opponents. Against a male bantamweight? I don't think she could afford to trade punches, and most of the guys who make it to the top have good takedown defense.
Uriah Hall is a kickboxer with six professional knockouts. Saying that Rousey can take him in a casual scramble if he doesn't do the thing he's incredibly good at that would turn her entire gameplan to poo poo isn't exactly a deep insight.

:lol:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Gawker is dumb, but I'm 13 and the headline killed me

Lenny Kravitz Shredded So Hard His Dick Fell Out On Stage

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Pro wrestling is for basement dwellers and 10 year olds.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Genocide Tendency posted:

I'm bored to tears by wrestling, haven't been able to watch it since I was 15, but I could read/listen to stories about all the crazy and hosed up carny poo poo that goes on back stage for hours on end.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Idgi. Trailer parks have basements?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

USMC503 posted:

Idgi. Trailer parks have basements?

We call them tornado shelters.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
http://cheesegod69.tumblr.com/post/124629070951

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

:10bux: says either the preceding/proceeding post had the words "fat acceptance" or "thin-privilege".

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

English is hard.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm glad there was no such thing as social media when I was an idiot teenager

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Booblord Zagats posted:

but how can the universe be real if our eyes aren't real

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Booblord Zagats posted:

It's a nice feeling when there is no tangible evidence left of how much of a loving stupid little poo poo you were as a kid/teenager/"adult" aside from memories that your parents continue to lovingly trot out year after year, though the gradual slip into senility does blur the edges and blunt the effect somewhat. Well, senility and the (sometimes not so) subtle hints about substandard quality retirement homes.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

It's a nice feeling when there is no tangible evidence left of how much of a loving stupid little poo poo you were as a kid/teenager/"adult" aside from memories that your parents continue to lovingly trot out year after year, though the gradual slip into senility does blur the edges and blunt the effect somewhat. Well, senility and the (sometimes not so) subtle hints about substandard quality retirement homes.

My brother likes to end conversations with our parents with the question "Did you see that abusive retirement-home on 20/20 lastnight?"

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

edit: not current events

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

Or cell phones. My friend did have a VHS camcorder, though. What's the shelf life of video tape? :ohdear:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I think after 25 years they really start to degrade. Unfortunately, or fortunately if you were caught saying friend of the family a lot, the audio is recorded on the edge of the film, so the sound degrades first.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mike-o posted:

it's ok
we don't need eyes to see

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
The biggest problem with social media isn't that kids are now able to post their dumb poo poo in public areas, but rather now they get to circle jerk each other around the world with their dumb poo poo, which allows them to ignore the real world and harbor their idiotic ideas into adulthood.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

USMC503 posted:

The biggest problem with social media isn't that kids are now able to post their dumb poo poo in public areas, but rather now they get to circle jerk each other around the world with their dumb poo poo, which allows them to ignore the real world and harbor their idiotic ideas into adulthood.

Welcome to SomethingAwful/Reddit/Tumblr/etc, we hope you enjoy your stay.

:smugdog:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Mike-o posted:

You Can Discover Everything You Need To Know About Everything By Looking At Your Hands

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

USMC503 posted:

Kids did that when I grew up too. Pre-internet.

We just called it social circles.

Kinda how everyone in your group dated everyone and the same strain of chlamydia gets passed around in an endless cycle...

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

Welcome to SomethingAwful

:smugdog:

Like kids are actually using this site. The age of the average goon is probably like 32 at this point.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Kids don't even know what forums are nowadays. I had to explain it to my girlfriend's daughter.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mike-o posted:

Kids don't even know what forums are nowadays. I had to explain it to my girlfriend's daughter.

Sever.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

i dont disagree. but at least when the people that like pro wrestling try and do wrestling moves irl, its funny. nerds who do mma are gay retards(see el maligno)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Hahaha, that av

• Locked thread