Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait this isnt tumblr thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
also in case I die:

Opop/merk scumteam calling it now.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

imgay posted:

wait this isnt tumblr thread

Ecco, 32, bi, gq, them/thler, white-passing. Steven Universe, Doctor Who, Supernatural, Homestuck.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Ecco what's your usual retainer?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

Ecco what's your usual retainer?

$50/hr. but you need to be a farm or beleaguered peasant or unhappy fish!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EccoRaven posted:

$50/hr. but you need to be a farm or beleaguered peasant or unhappy fish!

I don't think I'm any of those and I am unfamiliar with your ability to turn down a brief, hasn't your crazy legal system ever heard of the cab rank rule?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Reminds me of this series of films were this dude bangs different girls in the back of his cab I saw once.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
that sounds an awful lot like slavery which is illegal here in the Land of the Free mr. strike.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

imgay posted:

Reminds me of this series of films were this dude bangs different girls in the back of his cab I saw once.

Who was driving?

EccoRaven posted:

that sounds an awful lot like slavery which is illegal here in the Land of the Free mr. strike.

It is but to make it less evil everyone has to wear a silly wig and judges get really long wigs and red robes so they look like Santa.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Birdstrike posted:

Who was driving?

beats me

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

It is but to make it less evil everyone has to wear a silly wig and judges get really long wigs and red robes so they look like Santa.
I have seen the documentary series Law & Order: UK, I am familiar with your primitive legal system's aesthetics!! But alas no I will not represent you since I do environmental litigation and you are not an environment.

Were you jailed? Tell me if roy is more approachable now that he's claimed and lost his anonymity.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ice Cube is the best law and order character

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

imgay posted:

Ice Cube is the best law and order character

He is the fifth best at best, here is my definitive ranking:

- Briscoe
- Cabot
- McCoy
- Benson
- Huang
- Tutuola/Ice-T
- Curtis
- Munch
- Green
- That guy from jurassic park
- ummmmm everyone else was kind of forgettable I think.

I've been watching it since I was a Wee Tot but stopped after I became an actual law-type person because it's so, so bad.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You forgot the logendary dick wolf

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EccoRaven posted:

I have seen the documentary series Law & Order: UK, I am familiar with your primitive legal system's aesthetics!! But alas no I will not represent you since I do environmental litigation and you are not an environment.

Were you jailed? Tell me if roy is more approachable now that he's claimed and lost his anonymity.

I haven't been jailed, I thought as a thief it would be better to be prepared.

Also while the aesthetics of Law&Order UK may be similar, I feel a better representation of our primitive legal system would be something like this.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Night 3 Begins! All actions to me, please. Day will start when I have all the actions or at 10AM tomorrow, whichever comes first.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
You awaken to find that another of your own has been killed in the night. King Burgundy, Town Combatant has been brutally bludgeoned Night 3.

quote:

You are Xandelwyn. Trained from birth in flame magic, you are one of the foremost masters of engulfing your enemies in flames. The promise of a hefty sum of gold led you to enter the Tournament of Heroes and use your skills to line your pockets.

you are a Town Combatant. You are a trained pit fighter and have entered into the Tournament of Ages to win fame, glory, and gold. You are vanilla town and have no powers; your weapon is your vote. However, your training does grant you a slight edge. If you have no items and take part in a challenge, you will get a slight bonus in that challenge. You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Day 4 begins!

Final Votecount for Day 3

Opopanax (7): merk, imgay, Roydrowsy, merk, merk, CapitalistPig, merk, merk, CCKeane, AnonymousNarcotics, merk, garthoneeye, merk, merk, merk
merk (2): imgay, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, EccoRaven, imgay, QuoProQuid, Birdstrike, Birdstrike
QuoProQuid (1): King Burgundy
EccoRaven (0): merk, King Burgundy, Roydrowsy, merk, King Burgundy, Roydrowsy
King Burgundy (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (2): Birdstrike, Opopanax

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (11): AnonymousNarcotics, Birdstrike, CapitalistPig, CCKeane, EccoRaven, garthoneeye, imgay, merk, Opopanax, QuoProQuid, Roydrowsy

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

:zombie: :arghfist: :zombie:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
ecco y u no kill opop? :confused:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

ecco y u no kill opop? :confused:

I tried to, I received no night flavor about it so I assumed you stole it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hello game I just got home from my vacation and I found out tsa rummaged through my bag and janked up my laptop and combined with the million of other little things that happened on this my 15 hours of traveling I am like really not okay right now.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EccoRaven posted:

I tried to, I received no night flavor about it so I assumed you stole it.

nope, I didn't take any action last night.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

nope, I didn't take any action last night.

...you're an item thief sitting on at least a vig-kill and you decided to not do anything last night?

what the hell?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
nope I can't.

I'll post tomorrow sorry not sorry goodbye thread.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

hello game I just got home from my vacation and I found out tsa rummaged through my bag and janked up my laptop and combined with the million of other little things that happened on this my 15 hours of traveling I am like really not okay right now.

I'm sorry ecco, I hope you feel better.

Merk, what's your read?

Assuming there isn't significant whackiness, it has to be Opop.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I jailed merk. It was a bonehead move on my part in some regards, but I will explain my decision later. (No time)

Also, some dirty ragamuffin tried to kill me last night and failed, so I am out of items.

I also probably don't believe Ecco, but that can wait.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I will make a little time.

Despite the empowered thing, which I don't know if inquire understand, I blocked merk.

I don't know if I believe him to be scum so I wanted to do a few things.

First, I wanted to prevent anybody who wanted to take a shot at him in the night from succeeding. I also wanted to prevent them from being used to kill, if that was the scum plan. (They might do it again to seal Merks date if they are town)

Also, if they were scum I messed their poo poo up.

Jailed conversation didn't really yield a whole lot. Merk was pretty bummed and sure that by being jailed, I sealed their moosey-fate.

They also think I am scum, and may claim that I admitted to something like that... But that is incorrect, and might be the result of a little chafing on their part.

I think we should wait to see who did what
(Like who tried to kill me). And all that stuff before we start voting.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Roydrowsy posted:

I jailed merk. It was a bonehead move on my part in some regards, but I will explain my decision later. (No time)

Also, some dirty ragamuffin tried to kill me last night and failed, so I am out of items.

I also probably don't believe Ecco, but that can wait.

Jesus gently caress.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Roy do you even read this thread? Ughh. Thanks for ruining a decent plan to find scum.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I don't believe you are just THAT BAD at being town.

##vote Roy

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
merk still shouldn't have been blocked thanks to the ~empowering~ crystal though right? RIGHT?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I don't believe you are just THAT BAD at being town.

##vote Roy

I'm inclined to agree.

That said, I doubt KB had a reason to lie and Merk may have been empowered. We shall see.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I was redirected last night. I got results that 'my target' was visited on n1 by imgay whereas my night 1 action didn't have any issue telling me that CPig was visited by no one. In any event, I think this at least confirms Roy as town. I played up in the jail doc that I couldn't perform my action to him and thought that he was scum. If he was scum, I expect he would have relayed that I couldn't perform my action to them and scum would have chosen to redirect someone else.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The crystal made me immune to roleblocks. Roy's jail made me immune only to kills, not other night actions.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hello good morning I have thick green mucus covering my throat and nose and I think the best way to end a 15 hour travel day is walking pneumonia.

- I got confirmed from exakt, I didn't get to use my item and I no longer have it, he didn't clarify beyond that. birdstrike are you absolutely sure you wanna say you didn't do ANYTHING last night? because I no longer have my item and I am kinda peeved about that and you're an item thief.

- roy: lol.

merk and opop scumteam for the centuries!

- Case on merk from yesterday, summarized: has been a low-key poster all game, his biggest cases were on yuming (town) and Anon (unknown but he dropped it like it was hot). He got tracked to a kill and rather than discredit the result he came up with an outlandish story, but told in a reasonable tone (merk know this generally works more often than not). His story involved finding the scum through a powerful night action that would "definitely honestly get scum, trust me guys," and now supposedly he got imgay, "guess my action didn't work like I suspected, whoopsies!"

- Case on Opop: barely involved with the thread, doesn't read it, when he does post his suspicions are hollow and forced and inconsistent and unclear. I've generally called him scum all game and tried to kill him - twice - and each time I've been foiled.

- Case on merk AND opop: when Keane was considering who to daykill yesterday, merk kept pushing pinterest mom (town). When they were deciding who to vote for, though, merk pushed for Opop, whose death wasted our day entirely. Merk's opop suspicion came out of nowhere and was timed just right for the town to have exhausted its resources without ending the day, giving Opop another night to do god knows whatever.

I am fine voting for Opop and merk, they are both just as likely to be scum to me and it makes even more sense for them to be scum together.

I got background feelings for Birdstrike (who stole my vig and then lied about it) and Roy (who jailed merk and gave me bad feelings in his doc, but this one I am less sure about because I'm getting the sense he just posts like a strangeperson).

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven posted:

- Case on merk AND opop: when Keane was considering who to daykill yesterday, merk kept pushing pinterest mom (town).
edit: this wasn't as strong as I stated it, he did say to shoot Opop, but when Pmom got shot the first time he pushed Pmom for Keane's second kill.

I remembered reading it and it being much more explicit, I apologize for this inaccuracy. I still think the thrust of my case on merk/opop together works well enough though.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
ok yeah I have a small fever too.

gently caress traveling honestly.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Ecco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
We all agree Opop is scum so let's start there.

##vote opop

I think merk being scum makes a lot of sense and it really gets my goat that people let him live another day. My working hypothesis is that he either is or knows a watcher on the scumteam thus corroborating imgay's thing, but that doesn't make him town, and everything about his posting (ESPECIALLY yesterday when he got caught) screams "I am scum!!" to me.

I have liked Birdstrike's in-game posting, but his night choices (stealing a protective item from keane, who is clearly town; stealing my vig and then lying about it by saying he didn't do anything last night [even though he has at least a vig and it's clear opop is scum??]) are really, like, clearly pro-scum, like dubya-tee-eff.

I have lingering feelings about roy like I said but he's really low-key.

Ummm who else.

Did Anon give an item out yesterday? I was on vacation and I don't recall reading it so I'm not sure if she did but I could have easily missed it. Anon you should give me an item today, I want stuff, I had a thing and it was my prize for writing poetry about my sterility and now it is gone and I want to put my head in an oven.

I have no feelings either way about cpig or qpq. imgay is probably town. idk.

I'm very tired.

• Locked thread