Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to current votecount)

(source)
Port Lourde is the largest town on the largest island in the largest archipelago along the northern Mereaux coast. Its 22 inhabitants are almost entirely fishermen, thin and sinuous young men with forearms the size of swordfish and egos to match. The sea's bounty is vast and varied, and they are never in want for food or shelter, but truth be told there is nothing else here but ocean: salt and stone and the ever-present smell of hot raw fish. Many have considered leaving the island far behind, but poverty and onerous Mereaux immigration restrictions keep them trapped. So when one of the oystermen discovered a beautiful blue pearl the size of a melon, the town was abuzz: what should be done? They had all shared their spoils equally, but this pearl would be worth a limitless fortune. Whoever had it could leave this island and never hear the caw of a seagull or the crash of a wave ever again.
The next morning the pearl's finder was brutally murdered in his sleep, his treasure stolen. The mayor, a weathered old man with only seven teeth, called everyone to the town square. He said, in a voice cracked by age, that the murderer(s?) would be brought to justice the only way they knew how: dashing their heads on stones and returning them to the sea from whence they came.

(source)

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be honest about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. It doesn't matter what votebot says; votebot is just for your convenience, only the votecounts I present are to be assumed accurate and reliable. If you think you see a mistake in a votecount I have posted, please contact me privately so I may check it.

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually, maybe with a "hey go post GO POST NOWWWW". If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included. However, if you're put on probation for more than a day, then I will replace you without warning. So don't get probated!

Deadlines are the most effective and easiest way to encourage participation. To that effect, every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no hanging. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, your AIM if you have it, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. IRC is the best way to get in touch with me outside of PMs, as I only check my email every other day or so.

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Anyway! This game is for 21 players. Players new and old are all welcome, however if space is tight, then preferential treatment will be given to newer players should it come to that.

Here we go!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:
Approximated Votecount; not assured to be 100% accurate!

:h: N / A
:d: N / A

Player List:
1) AnonymousNarcotics Mithross
2) BottleKnight
3) CCKeane
4) chaoslord The Ninth Layer
5) EXAKT Science CapitalistPig
6) fiery_valkyrie
7) Gamerofthegame
8) GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE/Diqnol
9) Hal Incandenza
10) Jedit
11) Kashuno
12) ljtrigirl
13) Lumpen
14) Meinberg Hiipfire
15) merk
16) Pinterest Mom
17) QuoProQuid
18) Rarity
19) Samfucius
20) SirSamVimes
21) TMMadman

Night 0: LITERALLY MAD IRL, Pierre Huître, Fisher (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 1: Gamerofthegame, Louis Tartare, Fisher (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 1: Jedit, Villard Gaston de Pirogue, Mayor (town-aligned governor), died.
Day 2: merk, Aldonza Ibañez, Angler (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 2: The Ninth Layer, Merrick Rameur, Fisher (town-aligned vanilla), died. Kashuno, Simon Philemon, Spouse (town-aligned mason), died.
Day 3: GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Aileen Wojda, Enchantress (survivor-aligned enchantress), executed.
Night 3: BottleKnight, Tikhon Lakotsko, Bomber (town-aligned dayvig), died. CCKeane, Lance Bloxam, Fisher (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 4: TMMadman, Eniko "Niko" Meladoz, Murderer (mafia-aligned godfather), executed.
Night 4: Rarity, Olympia Sztolaz, Spouse (town-aligned mason), died. Mithross, Vérnice Abbot, Carpenter (town-aligned roleblock enabler), died.
Day 4: Pinterest Mom, Nadège Demaud, Crone (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 5: ljtrigirl, Mathys Naufrage, Spearfisher (town-aligned vig enabler), died. Hiipfire, Marc di'Aqcue, Trader (town-aligned insane cop), died. Lumpen, Dominic "Dom" Laurens, Murderer (mafia-aligned nexus), died.
Morning 6: fiery_valkyrie, Curtis Samon le Faux, Murderer (mafia-aligned assassin), modkilled.
Day 6: QuoProQuid, Évaline "Éva" Épaves, Healer (town-aligned doc enabler), executed.
Day 7: CapitalistPig, Magde Truite, Cook (town-aligned vanilla), executed. Hal Incandenza, Ellis Talbot, Fisher (town-aligned vanilla), endgamed.

SCUM VICTORY
GAME OVER

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Sep 9, 2015

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I want to play an Ecco game.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I will play.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I was in the last Bottle Knights game, how could I say no?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I like Ecco games

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I like games you have to post a lot in. Yes.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Does anyone actually use AIM anymore?

(this is a signup post)

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also this game's flavor is literally a Steinbeck novella lol

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven posted:

The Pearl of Port Lourde will open sometime this week.

It is about poor fisherman who find a giant pearl and are driven by greed and desire to destroy each other over it.

This is a wholly unique idea that has never been seen before by anyone ever.

I mean there are only like 5 stories anyway so.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EccoRaven posted:

I mean there are only like 5 stories anyway so.

Oh right, that was your post :p

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I like games you have to post a lot in. Yes.

It's too bad all your posts are bad. :v:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

I do not dispute this

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TMMadman posted:

:iceburn:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I'm in.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I'll play.

Also, we are fishermen. Surely all deadlines will be floating?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ecco is this game setup cool enough for me or what?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ecco is this game setup cool enough for me or what?

it's all vanilla town.

Jedit posted:

I'll play.

Also, we are fishermen. Surely all deadlines will be floating?

heh.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

it's all vanilla town.

The coolest setup of all!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Surprise! I'm here to play.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Turns out I died in one of my games and the other ended so I am reasonably free to join in my first Ecco game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also I have PMs but no AIM and my email address is samvimesofthewatch@hotmail.com

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
All signups so far have been recorded; hit up your friends! There are like no games running right now so there are probably a lot of people just twiddling their thumbs not realizing they need a good midsummer mafia.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

okay <((((@_;;;_@))))/

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Joining as Diqnol's mysterious acquaintance.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

:
:d: who knows eye eye aye em

*coughs violently at OP* You're a heathen if you don't pronounce eye and aye in identical inflections.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Joining as Diqnol's mysterious acquaintance.

How dare you, Keane! And so brashly, too! We have children to think about!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Whoa what the gently caress

How could I say no to an Ecco game

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

im in

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

are you going to decide you dislike the setup and stop posting again

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

:drat:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

Maybe.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm gonna need some context for this.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

In the Mafia game Lunchtime at the Office, Pinterest Mom's last two posts were

Pinterest Mom posted:

No, but I don't really care for this setup.

And then never posted again. As a scum player.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey pmom! I'm gonna need a Hard Promise that you won't flake this game, or if you do to inform me please well-ahead of time and request a replacement! Thanks!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

You tell 'em Ecco!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

*coughs violently at OP* You're a heathen if you don't pronounce eye and aye in identical inflections.

Yep, agreed

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ofc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

In the Mafia game Lunchtime at the Office, Pinterest Mom's last two posts were

And then never posted again. As a scum player.

We've seen worse

• Locked thread