Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

##vote Ecco

nope sorry. you never presented a substantive case against me yesterday and I'm pretty sure it's because you don't have one because you're scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'd like to hear who imgay investigated.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This game is over with a town loss. Even if we lynch scum today, we're not going to ever lynch the Keane/Ecco group where I'm sure at least one (maybe both) are scum.

Keane has somehow taken a town leader role with a 0% success rate and no one questioning him at all. Ecco is not even trying to hunt scum and has never been trying to hunt scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ecco has not critically analyzed my role claim at all. He's just harping "yup, merk is scum. guaranteed" over and over until it finally sticks when lylo hits. He's clearly scum here. There is no 'substantive case' to be made because he's not even trying to find scum himself. He's just parroting the scum strategy and getting away with it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

This game is over with a town loss. Even if we lynch scum today, we're not going to ever lynch the Keane/Ecco group where I'm sure at least one (maybe both) are scum.

Keane has somehow taken a town leader role with a 0% success rate and no one questioning him at all. Ecco is not even trying to hunt scum and has never been trying to hunt scum.

This is a fair post, although I will point out that we haven't gotten a single scum so everybody has a 0% rate.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Ecco has not critically analyzed my role claim at all. He's just harping "yup, merk is scum. guaranteed" over and over until it finally sticks when lylo hits. He's clearly scum here. There is no 'substantive case' to be made because he's not even trying to find scum himself. He's just parroting the scum strategy and getting away with it.

Merk if you believe you were controlled, then do you agree with birdstrike's analysis? If so, it is one of me, Opop, or QDP.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I still think it's meek and that it's oh so convenient that his plan went awry, probably Roy too because why in the gently caress would you risk jailing him if everyone is telling the truth?
##vote merk

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

Ecco has not critically analyzed my role claim at all.
There isn't much to critically analyze. Looking entirely at your behavior you scream scum; your claimed role, watcher, is not an exclusively town role and makes sense in a "role madness" game with lots of players with night actions for the scum to discover. The only thing that gave me pause was you corroborating imgay's power, but that just told me you (or someone on your team) was actually a watcher, not that you didn't also get caught performing the nightkill.

Critically analyzing role claims matters when it's a weird role, your role isn't weird or strange at all. It's totally neutral to your alignment, which is the scum one.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Merk if you believe you were controlled, then do you agree with birdstrike's analysis? If so, it is one of me, Opop, or QDP.

It's Opo for sure, like I've said for two days. Opo is the most boring scum to lynch though. It's obvious he's scum. He is the scum that all the scum will gladly sacrifice now after being so obviously scum for this long.

##vote Opo

Sure, let's lynch him. Great.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Opopanax posted:

I still think it's meek and that it's oh so convenient that his plan went awry, probably Roy too because why in the gently caress would you risk jailing him if everyone is telling the truth?
##vote merk

Please note that when I flip town, Roy is also town. Scum would not have redirected me had they thought my action failed, which I played up a lot to Roy in the Jail mason doc.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Opopanax posted:

##vote merk

Also, if I wanted to look town today as scum, I just come in and say that Roy stopped my action from working due to the Jail and slam a lynch of Roy down this town's throat. That would've been incredibly easy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

There isn't much to critically analyze. Looking entirely at your behavior you scream scum; your claimed role, watcher, is not an exclusively town role and makes sense in a "role madness" game with lots of players with night actions for the scum to discover. The only thing that gave me pause was you corroborating imgay's power, but that just told me you (or someone on your team) was actually a watcher, not that you didn't also get caught performing the nightkill.

Critically analyzing role claims matters when it's a weird role, your role isn't weird or strange at all. It's totally neutral to your alignment, which is the scum one.

Look at this pile of garbage.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

Look at this pile of garbage.

I can't merk you're hogging the mirror.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

Also, if I wanted to look town today as scum, I just come in and say that Roy stopped my action from working due to the Jail and slam a lynch of Roy down this town's throat. That would've been incredibly easy.

Yeah, that's why you're probably together.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We also apparently have people holding onto vigs that didn't kill Opo?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll come back tomorrow after we've lynched Opo. This game is frustrating because we're doing so bad.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

nah.

merk posted:

Please note that when I flip town, Roy is also town. Scum would not have redirected me had they thought my action failed, which I played up a lot to Roy in the Jail mason doc.

maybe but also nah, this is you doing more of the "oh woe is me I am DEFINITELY going to get executed today, boo hoo" schtick that kept you alive yesterday.

merk posted:

It's Opo for sure, like I've said for two days.
pretty sure you didn't even mention opop until yesterday.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

nah.

maybe but also nah, this is you doing more of the "oh woe is me I am DEFINITELY going to get executed today, boo hoo" schtick that kept you alive yesterday.

pretty sure you didn't even mention opop until yesterday.

You have no desire to persuade anyone to vote me, critically analyze this game, or actually find scum. You're just taunting at this point.

Ecco and Opo are scum together at least. If you get a vig today, kill one of them. I'm out. Vote staying where it is.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Opopanax posted:

Yeah, that's why you're probably together.

hey opop fyi you have like two votes and are going to die today, just a heads up from your old pal ecco the raven.

merk posted:

We also apparently have people holding onto vigs that didn't kill Opo?

Birdstrike, who "didn't do anything last night I promise."

merk posted:

This game is frustrating because we're doing so bad.
-ly.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

You have no desire to persuade anyone to vote me, critically analyze this game, or actually find scum. You're just taunting at this point.
I've been trying to get people to vote you, did you tune me out entirely yesterday where I kept trying to get people to vote you? When I made a longer case you handwaved it away.

You're what's so frustrating about this game merk.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

EccoRaven posted:

hey opop fyi you have like two votes and are going to die today, just a heads up from your old pal ecco the raven.

:ohdear: two votes? Should I claim?
Maybe I'll just spend two days whining about how we're going to lose and I'm sure to be killed

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

The only thing that gave me pause was you corroborating imgay's power, but that just told me you (or someone on your team) was actually a watcher, not that you didn't also get caught performing the nightkill.

This only makes sense if someone other than Merk is the scum watcher. Merk could not have both watched and performed the scum kill in the same night.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ecco yesterday I gave out a power crystal which kb used to empower merk.

I have 2 items left, a crossbow (which I assume is a vig) and an invisibility cloak (which I assume was stolen from Dumbledore's office)

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
drat I double checked my pm and its a RING of invisibility, not a cloak. Lame, exakt.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

:ohdear: two votes? Should I claim?
Maybe I'll just spend two days whining about how we're going to lose and I'm sure to be killed

Whining about how everybody is going to lose is a good bet.

Opop I'd like your take on who is scum.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My action failed last night, so someone rb'd me

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
nothing happened to me last night.

I'm not liking roy's nonsense

##vote roy

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

imgay posted:

My action failed last night, so someone rb'd me

who did you target? because pig confirms to block people who target him and roy jailed merk.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I have 2 items left, a crossbow (which I assume is a vig) and an invisibility cloak (which I assume was stolen from Dumbledore's office)
gimme a crossbow and I will shoot opop to death. his head is mine by right.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I targeted eco

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

who did you target? because pig confirms to block people who target him and roy jailed merk.

he didnt target me

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

imgay posted:

I targeted eco

well you would have seen me not go anywhere, since I don't have any actions and my item was stolen. Are you sure you were roleblocked?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

well you would have seen me not go anywhere, since I don't have any actions and my item was stolen. Are you sure you were roleblocked?

Oh?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

not claiming vanilla but I will say that I don't do anything at night. I was excited to get an item because I could do something fun.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

not claiming vanilla but I will say that I don't do anything at night. I was excited to get an item because I could do something fun.

Okay.

This game is giving me a headache.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

Whining about how everybody is going to lose is a good bet.

Opop I'd like your take on who is scum.

Merk right now, and Roy if he is

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

Merk right now, and Roy if he is

Okay, so your take is that merk is lying entirely?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah. Like I said yesterday, he was acting like caught, whiny scum, then he comes up with this idea to survive another day. then magically that idea fails, and for some reason we're all just content to let it slide

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If I'm lying entirely and your case on Roy requires me to be scum, how are you voting Roy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Nevermind, you are voting me. You're still scum though.

• Locked thread