Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Jester wins are for people with no honour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
No talking about ongoing games.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
ur lame

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I have been playing Viva Piñata this week in the rare replay collection, so actually it's everyone that is not me who is lame.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Are the viva pinata games unironically good?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kumbamontu posted:

Lunchtime in the Office has ended in a Town and Double 3P victory.

And a hearty "gently caress you, Pinmom"

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I wasn't going to say it, but yeah

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

HiipFire posted:

Are the viva pinata games unironically good?

Idk, I like them a lot but I also play animal crossing pretty much every day so maybe I just like these kind of cultivation games more than others.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven posted:

there are like no games right now gimme a second and I will open a game.

I have used a lot of seconds but here is a game:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734881

all are welcome (except those of you who are not). it is a direct sequel to the BK game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

bowmore posted:

does anyone else eat all the toppings off your slice and then eat the topless slice?

You are a goddamn heathen.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I got back from work and immediately started watching Columbo.

I have a good life.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.

BottleKnight posted:

I guess I should've phrased better, because this is basically exactly what I do with my grandma. She brings up some fairly repugnant, racist political beliefs (but of course she is not a racist), and it's not worth engaging so yeah, we do puzzles or talk about local goings-on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWdVwt2deY4

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

What?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Opopanax posted:

And a hearty "gently caress you, Pinmom"

???

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Can I remove the crust from bread when making a sandwich?

edit - Also, are diagonal slices the devil's work?

Squares are for squares.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

!!!

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

This is pretty funny.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Meinberg posted:

I'm considering designing a new Mafia-like game, that plays around with alignments. Could anyone recommend any games that have strange alignments and/or win conditions?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Mar 27, 2020

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Go to the wiki and Ctl+f "CYOR"

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
The other day I used the student gamer association as my home base while I completed gishwhes items and they played a version of Werewolf that runs off a deck of cards and an app.

Alignment changes are built into the setup. There is apparently one and only one role that will allow you to ascertain whether or not you changed alignments. Also jesters.

It seemed awful tbh

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Meinberg posted:

I'm considering designing a new Mafia-like game, that plays around with alignments. Could anyone recommend any games that have strange alignments and/or win conditions?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3708226
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3710098
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3711868
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3713851

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

BottleKnight posted:

Yeah I should stop taking my consumer culture for granted. This sounds like the worst!

It's definitely something. I generally don't mind because I'm super zen but there are times I'm appalled by their attitude. They really believe that they're doing you a favor by selling you crap. My local boulangerie is just awful because while the bread's fine (I've had better in Paris) they are just the meanest people and I hate going there cause they're awful. At another café in the Tuileries with my dad we got some coffee, most cafés in Paris bring you complimentary water with your coffee seeing as it's usually a bitter expresso. We didn't get any so I asked the waiter and he shoots back super annoyed, "You should've asked me before." He still came back with water but the attitude got me pretty riled up.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Look Under The Rock posted:

There is apparently one and only one role that will allow you to ascertain whether or not you changed alignments.

Like an alignment cop, or you just change alignments and don't know?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Guys I've had a nasty chest cold for like 2 weeks and its not going away :(

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

Guys I've had a nasty chest cold for like 2 weeks and its not going away :(

Take some mucinex and drink a quart of water, then wait an hour

Pee a lot then go for a jog. It'll be painful but it'll shake that nasty mucous loose and then you just hack it up and bam, all set

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Look Under The Rock posted:

The other day I used the student gamer association as my home base while I completed gishwhes items and they played a version of Werewolf that runs off a deck of cards and an app.

Alignment changes are built into the setup. There is apparently one and only one role that will allow you to ascertain whether or not you changed alignments. Also jesters.

It seemed awful tbh

Sounds like One Night Ultimate Werewolf. It's pretty nifty. Game goes Night -> Day. If town lynches a werewolf then Town wins, otherwise the werewovles win. Takes 5-10 minutes for a round.
e:

Opopanax posted:

Like an alignment cop, or you just change alignments and don't know?

Your role card can change without you knowing. Might involve an alignment change. One role's ability is to once all the shenanigans are done to check to see what they are currently

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 5, 2015

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a new debit card yesterday and it has one of those new microchips in it. I used it for the first time today and tried swiping it and kept getting errors. Apparently machines have a special slot for microchip cards were you need to keep your card in the slot for like 10 seconds, its real weird and awkward. Also was awkward because I had clogged my toilet and was buying a plunger

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

imgay posted:

I got a new debit card yesterday and it has one of those new microchips in it. I used it for the first time today and tried swiping it and kept getting errors. Apparently machines have a special slot for microchip cards were you need to keep your card in the slot for like 10 seconds, its real weird and awkward. Also was awkward because I had clogged my toilet and was buying a plunger

Yeah I always forget I have that and swipe it, every time.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Most places I shop haven't even sprung for the microchip readers lol

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

I have one of those cards but havent used the chip at all just swipin like usual

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Holy poo poo you're all cavemen. I paypass/paywave/tap & go/whatever you want to call it everywhere. It is amazing.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Five finger discount bay bee

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

What kind of third world countries do you people live in? Chip and pin have been the norm here for years

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Holy poo poo you're all cavemen. I paypass/paywave/tap & go/whatever you want to call it everywhere. It is amazing.

Yeah seriously. Most places don't even let you swipe anymore. I have paypass for my credit card but haven't really tried it with my bank card.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

What kind of third world countries do you people live in? Chip and pin have been the norm here for years

Yeah America is way behind the curve on this for some reason

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Need a game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734891

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Paypass sounds very interesting but some of the local places here don't even have card readers so I pretty much only use cash