Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought this thread was archived

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

I'm going to keep it alive, just like the girls did with their dream

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Like and subscribe

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

beautiful

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

dotJPG posted:

I'm going to keep it alive, just like the girls did with their dream

you're gonna be making posts about car wheels for the rest of you're life hth.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a good picture in here somewhere of the don don donuts shot with CGI girl holding a Goodyear tire

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

There's a good picture in here somewhere of the don don donuts shot with CGI girl holding a Goodyear tire

Bakanogami posted:

I laughed at this harder than I should have.

It's on page 28.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Ahahah good

Misa was the only thing disappointing in the show. Looking back she actually had a fair amount of scenes dedicated to her... they just weren't particularly endearing and focused on her situation instead of character

I hope in S2 they develop her a bit better

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dotJPG posted:

Ahahah good

Misa was the only thing disappointing in the show. Looking back she actually had a fair amount of scenes dedicated to her... they just weren't particularly endearing and focused on her situation instead of character

Yeah she's definitely the weakest, especially since her character feels like just a stand in representative for the industry she's in, rather than everyone else who's personality shapes their career path and relationships

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

dotJPG posted:

Ahahah good

I forget, do we know for sure whether we're getting S2?

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
Dang, the thread blew up and I assumed we got a season 2 confirmation :'(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:(

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Spiritus Nox posted:

I forget, do we know for sure whether we're getting S2?

Nnnno.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It will happen. I'm willing it with my brain.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

If there's any PA Works folks on Twitter or something, share this with them.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Sure, done. Hopefully any overzealous copyright lawyers don't read the twitter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dotJPG posted:

Sure, done. Hopefully any overzealous copyright lawyers don't read the twitter

Between this and Sound Euphonium leg photo your brand is blowing up

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to the Patreon.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Third Aerial Girls Squadron is up and subbed. Haven't watched it all the way though yet. Still waiting on Gothloli Baseball.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
The OVA was pretty cool, like a moe version of Area 88.

A gif of the F-35B going full skynet would be a great avatar.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
3rd Aerial Girls is actually pretty good. I can see myself watching a season of this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The blu Rays for this show have been selling better every volume and topped the sales chart this week for the first time. Looks like a big groundswell of love for the show, Season 2 could happen..

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Fangz posted:

3rd Aerial Girls is actually pretty good. I can see myself watching a season of this.

Seconding this. I wish they'd make more of it.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

How is it that a one-off OVA about a twice fictional show manages to be better than the animes it's spoofing?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Because the people who are making them are cool and talented.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Not realistic enough. The F-35s should be falling out of the sky as their non-redundant single engines disintegrate in flight.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

They've already violated canon because Cathy had a little sister.

I'd totally watch a full series on this.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

The blu Rays for this show have been selling better every volume and topped the sales chart this week for the first time. Looks like a big groundswell of love for the show, Season 2 could happen..

It better.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In Training posted:

It is cool that Shirobako is so liked that it does the opposite of 99.99% of media sales.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Holy poo poo this was a great show. The pacing was fantastic for anime--I can't think of a single episode that felt slow or boring.

Also it was nice to hear the VA for Eruna get another good role. I thought she did well with it.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Fangz posted:

Same but I don't get why nobody used their ejection seats.

Also, it needs a British girl in an English Electric Lightning.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Is this show available for purchase anywhere? (bluray etc)

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

PaganGoatPants posted:

Is this show available for purchase anywhere? (bluray etc)

Sentai Filmworks has the North American bluray rights. The first half is set to be released in February.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I desperately need more drifting and donuts in my life. Why hasn't the prime minister of Japan made this a national priority?! If the United States could build the first nuclear weapon in just a few years, surely Japan can make another season of this show!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Let's simulwatch Andes Chucky, it's what Myamori would want.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

unpronounceable posted:

Sentai Filmworks has the North American bluray rights. The first half is set to be released in February.

The "ARTWORK NOT FINAL" makes me think that the box art should actually be a rough draft of a blu ray art box with director and art designer notes written in red across the box.

Classy Hydra
Oct 30, 2011

You did wrong, Jack,
rest your soul.

Yawgmoft posted:

The "ARTWORK NOT FINAL" makes me think that the box art should actually be a rough draft of a blu ray art box with director and art designer notes written in red across the box.

Cover sleeve of the finalized boxart with the annotated sketch on the actual box.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The cover art should be of a shirobako. For Shirobako, of course.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending

unpronounceable posted:

Ok but if its for the first collection (north american companies usually split up 2 cour series into two box sets right?) why are there characters from the second cour on the box. "ART NOT FINAL" ....BETTER NOT BE............

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

thats the exact same artwork as the one i saw on shirobako themed curry

• Locked thread