Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

QuoProQuid posted:

:siren: Either merk or garth is scum :siren:

Give me a minute and I'll explain.

Hey QPQ, I'm looking forward to hearing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Me too!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Full-Claim: I am Q, the Man of Many Faces. Each night, I can disguise myself as another player and am told if they recognize me. I cannot target the same two people twice. In effect, I select two players and get told whether they have the same alignment.

On N1, I disguised as Bird and visited Narc based on the events of D1. My flavor was a long drawn out thing about how Narc didn't recognize me.

On N2, I disguised myself as Keane and visited MMT. MMT didn't recognize me.

On N3, I selected Garth and merk. Neither recognized the other.

Other than having my item stolen N1, I haven't been given any indication that my results have been tampered in any way.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

CCKeane posted:

Okay.QDQ do you have input?

To answer your earlier question: I think its weird to claim vanilla in a game dominated by power roles, and even weirder that two people have done it. It's not a gotcha by any means, but it doesn't seem to fit the set-up.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
if garth and merk "don't recognize each other" doesn't that mean they're the same as keane-mmt and bird-narc?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

EccoRaven posted:

if garth and merk "don't recognize each other" doesn't that mean they're the same as keane-mmt and bird-narc?

Yeah, hence my pursuit of Narc for the past few days.

I've gotten increasingly paranoid about Bird over the last few days though, and I'm not sure about my original read.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

MAFIA EDIT: I assume you meant Bird, not Keane?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

QuoProQuid posted:

Yeah, hence my pursuit of Narc for the past few days.

I've gotten increasingly paranoid about Bird over the last few days though, and I'm not sure about my original read.

no I mean, mmt is town, and since keane didn't recognize her, doesn't that make keane scum? what happens if they do recognize each other - they're the same alignment? and you just so happened to target three scum in three nights?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

QuoProQuid posted:

MAFIA EDIT: I assume you meant Bird, not Keane?

no:

QuoProQuid posted:

isn't this the equivalent of saying you have a cop result on keane that says he's probably scum?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

QuoProQuid posted:

Full-Claim: I am Q, the Man of Many Faces. Each night, I can disguise myself as another player and am told if they recognize me. I cannot target the same two people twice. In effect, I select two players and get told whether they have the same alignment.

On N1, I disguised as Bird and visited Narc based on the events of D1. My flavor was a long drawn out thing about how Narc didn't recognize me.

On N3, I selected Garth and merk. Neither recognized the other.

Other than having my item stolen N1, I haven't been given any indication that my results have been tampered in any way.

im dumb and mistyped

the results are:

N1: Bird and Narc - NOT ON SAME TEAM
N2: Keane and MMT - ON SAME TEAM
N3: Garth and merk: NOT ON SAME TEAM

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Known vigs going into the night were Eccoraven and Birdstrike.

And two shots were taken, at least.
One to kill King
One to kill me.

So let's just say for now- scum took one shot, one of those two known vigs is responsible for the other.

So bird is lying about taking no action
Or Ecco is lying about being robbed

Or... Somebody had a chance to steal who isn't the official thief?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
oh ok.

hm.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

im dumb and mistyped

the results are:

N1: Bird and Narc - NOT ON SAME TEAM
N2: Keane and MMT - ON SAME TEAM
N3: Garth and merk: NOT ON SAME TEAM

It's Bird and Garth and Opop, then IMO.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Roydrowsy posted:

So bird is lying about taking no action
Or Ecco is lying about being robbed

Or... Somebody had a chance to steal who isn't the official thief?
I suppose those would be the possible options. all I know is I submitted "#kill opop" and received (paraphrased) "you no longer have your item."

I really don't like how birdstrike supposedly did nothing last night. If imgay really did get roleblocked that's even worse.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

I am more for bird and merk and opop personally.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Bird was holding the empower and would've known that the scum couldve redirected me. I could see Bird as scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
But: ##vote garth

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

CCKeane posted:

My only reservation is that it seems weird that two scum players would both claim vanilla town on the same page when pressed.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

I am more for bird and merk and opop personally.

I'm suspicious of Garth's vanilla claim.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Bird was holding the empower and would've known that the scum couldve redirected me. I could see Bird as scum.

Wasn't that KB?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also merk what's your take on Birdstrike's post earlier? Tell me or I'll give ya a kick in the yarbels.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I've now confused bird and KB twice. :slick:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

King Burgundy posted:

Go me.

FYI that I can empower someone's next action. I pick that person via PM during the day. The thread won't be told, but my target will be.

Taking suggestions on who to empower.

It was King Burgundy that had the empower.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

merk posted:

I've now confused bird and KB twice. :slick:

and it turns out that merk already knows this fact making the above post useless

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

I suppose those would be the possible options. all I know is I submitted "#kill opop" and received (paraphrased) "you no longer have your item."

I really don't like how birdstrike supposedly did nothing last night. If imgay really did get roleblocked that's even worse.

In light of qpq' claim, I am willing to consider this.

Hmm...
Bird sees that Ecco was unhappy with their jailing experience. Uses item to shoot at me, then steals vig to replace it.

Watcher/trackers rendered ineffective

Bird can claim "it wasn't me, I still have my vig and my items are full" but they could have replaced what they used.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Also merk what's your take on Birdstrike's post earlier? Tell me or I'll give ya a kick in the yarbels.

I think there is a good chance that Ecco is scum and holding a vig.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If we lynch garth and he flips scum, it basically confirms me as town, basically confirms the Q claim as town, and also basically confirms Roy as town. I think that's the right call.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I think there is a good chance that Ecco is scum and holding a vig.

Birdstrike laid out the events of N2 in such a way that the hypontizer role was limited to a few players.

Of those players, Myself, Opop and QPQ remain.

Do you think his take was accurate, and, if so, who is scum in this group?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

If we lynch garth and he flips scum, it basically confirms me as town, basically confirms the Q claim as town, and also basically confirms Roy as town. I think that's the right call.

We get the same info from lynching you though

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

Birdstrike laid out the events of N2 in such a way that the hypontizer role was limited to a few players.

Of those players, Myself, Opop and QPQ remain.

Do you think his take was accurate, and, if so, who is scum in this group?

The whole thing requires there to be a hypnotizer when it's a hell of a lot more likely merk's lying

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

We get the same info from lynching you though

We do, but merk has claimed a more useful role.

Especially since we have had two town vanilla flip, I am suspicious of the vanilla claims.

Do you get an advantage in challenges, Opop?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

The whole thing requires there to be a hypnotizer when it's a hell of a lot more likely merk's lying

Noted, I would like to hear merk's take regardless.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am also throwing out that QDQ's claim is questionable and I am not buying it wholesale quite yet.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

QPQ how come, after your results n1, you didn't go after anon or bird so aggressively? You seem pretty confident that bird is town, so why weren't you pursuing anon?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

CCKeane posted:

QPQ how come, after your results n1, you didn't go after anon or bird so aggressively? You seem pretty confident that bird is town, so why weren't you pursuing anon?

I have been, almost the entire game. My personal theory has been "Narco-merk-KB" for most the game. I picked out Bird explicitly to "check" Narco, because I had a strong town read on him.

QuoProQuid posted:

Uuugggghhhh.

##Vote: Narco

What?

QuoProQuid posted:

I am in a rush today and unfortunately did not have a lot of time to devote to posting over the weekend. I really didn't think she was scum yesterday, hence the "uugggghhhh," and I was hoping she would post something to alleviate some issues surrounding her.

I don't agree with merk's case on Goo. The guy has seemed consistently engaged with the game and I don't get the sense that he's not scum hunting. Haven't been able to do more than skim Narc's case on MMT, but it's certainly a dramatic shift from what I remember of her usual play style.

Getting off early today, so I will be back with more substantial contributions around 6:00 PM EST.

QuoProQuid posted:

MAFIA EDIT: I like that Narco made a case, but I don't think most of it stands up to scrutiny. It reads like someone who has a suspect in mind trying to find evidence rather than the other way around.

QuoProQuid posted:

How is MMT scumhunting if she's only posted fake cases, as you say? I think you are trying to cover your sudden shift in opinion on MMT (1)

Meta is one thing, but this is literally "too scummy to be scum."

This stuff is just made up to make me look bad, and I bet she's hoping no one will go back and actually look. When I called her out on the lies, she said:

I find it difficult to believe scum would think they can get away with such baldfaced deception.

Admittedly a point in Narco's favor.
[/quote]

QuoProQuid posted:

:psst: because it didn't happen.

Let's review: After being followed by a semi-confirmed tracker to the night kill, merk's story is that he was targeted by a previously unknown power role and made to commit the nightkill. His excuses are that he couldn't have done the nightkill with an item, when there is a known item giver in the game, and that his results are supremely unhelpful, because he just plain forgot lol.

Meanwhile, he's engaged in this lovely-as-gently caress martyr play to guilt people into not voting for him, moaning about this game is soooooo unmotivated and how he's sure to die due to forces outside his control. We can ignore that his case on yuming came around right as pressure on Narc was building. We can ignore him dropping suspicions like a hot potato D2. We can ignore his lurking and lazy play.

everything about this is dumb

##vote: merk

QuoProQuid posted:

Scum team is merk, narc, and burgundy

go me i win

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Gotcha.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

We do, but merk has claimed a more useful role.

Especially since we have had two town vanilla flip, I am suspicious of the vanilla claims.

Do you get an advantage in challenges, Opop?

I did, but not now that the amulets gone. Not that I was ever here for an event

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Just an FYI, I have to be up tomorrow around 4:30 AM and I cannot guarantee that I'll get to check into this thread until I get back around my usual time (7:00 PM) tomorrow. I'll be up a little while longer, but if you have questions or concerns after I go to bed I probably won't be able to answer until the evening.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

Just an FYI, I have to be up tomorrow around 4:30 AM and I cannot guarantee that I'll get to check into this thread until I get back around my usual time (7:00 PM) tomorrow. I'll be up a little while longer, but if you have questions or concerns after I go to bed I probably won't be able to answer until the evening.

Why do you smell like poopy why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

CCKeane posted:

Why do you smell like poopy why

i spend too much time hanging around you

• Locked thread