Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Opopanax posted:

I did, but not now that the amulets gone. Not that I was ever here for an event

So you are claiming that you had an advantage in challenges, the cited advantage that vanilla town had, however you, unlike all the other vanilla town roles that have flipped, started with an item?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

So you are claiming that you had an advantage in challenges, the cited advantage that vanilla town had, however you, unlike all the other vanilla town roles that have flipped, started with an item?

Yep.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

And now that this item is gone, you don't have an advantage in challenges, right? So it did two things?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I don't get how in QPQ's results AnonNarc doesn't recognise "me" meaning we're on different teams, then MMT doesn't recognise Keane but they're on the same team, then neither of garth and meek recognise each other but they're on different teams.

I saw the summarised rewrite of the result but I still don't get the mechanics?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Can everybody claim the items they have used already?

I had my golden quill, which was a day vig, and had my shield stolen from me by Birdstrike.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

I don't get how in QPQ's results AnonNarc doesn't recognise "me" meaning we're on different teams, then MMT doesn't recognise Keane but they're on the same team, then neither of garth and meek recognise each other but they're on different teams.

I saw the summarised rewrite of the result but I still don't get the mechanics?

Can you explain this, Birdstrike?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

And now that this item is gone, you don't have an advantage in challenges, right? So it did two things?

Yep

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

Can you explain this, Birdstrike?

QPQ's longer results had AnonNarc not recognising me, MMT not recognising you, and garth and merk not recognising each other.
But in his summarised version he says that you and MMT are of the same alignment whereas AnonNarc and I are different, even though he said the visitor wasn't recognised in both?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

QPQ's longer results had AnonNarc not recognising me, MMT not recognising you, and garth and merk not recognising each other.
But in his summarised version he says that you and MMT are of the same alignment whereas AnonNarc and I are different, even though he said the visitor wasn't recognised in both?

He revised this so MMT recognized me.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Which item should I give out today and to whom?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

He revised this so MMT recognized me.

I reread and didn't see a post where he said "MMT recognised me," I saw the revised summary but I'm not sure I trust it 100%.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Started with no item.
Won bulletproof shield in challenge one
Bulletproof shield was used night 3

Possess no further items.

In regard to gifting items... Give the kill to somebody we can agree to trusting, and they have to use it as majority dictates?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

As stated, with the info in the air using the vig and controlling it as much as possible might be of use.

I would agree, if chosen to use a kill item as advised by a town majority, but I don't have to be the one to do it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

im dumb and mistyped

the results are:

N1: Bird and Narc - NOT ON SAME TEAM
N2: Keane and MMT - ON SAME TEAM
N3: Garth and merk: NOT ON SAME TEAM

I see what you mean, Bird, I assume the mistyped referred to Quid's N2 results, but you are correct.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm claiming I have max items, including a vig.

Theoretically if AnonNarc bestows the vig item on me and I keep it, I am lying and you can lynch me before I can use it, clearing Anon and maybe Ecco?

If I am not lying about my items I will have to give one up, which will be the vig I am holding, and either AnonNarc is scum or QPQ is lying/mistaken.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

I'm claiming I have max items, including a vig.

Theoretically if AnonNarc bestows the vig item on me and I keep it, I am lying and you can lynch me before I can use it, clearing Anon and maybe Ecco?

If I am not lying about my items I will have to give one up, which will be the vig I am holding, and either AnonNarc is scum or QPQ is lying/mistaken.

This is a scum post, Birdstrike dropping an item proves nothing, and this includes the line QPQ is lying/mistaken which allows for wiggle room in case Anon gets voted off and flips town.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

This is a scum post, Birdstrike dropping an item proves nothing, and this includes the line QPQ is lying/mistaken which allows for wiggle room in case Anon gets voted off and flips town.

Then don't give me the item and vote me then.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm not entirely confident in QPQ's results and I'm not sure he is either. I think it's conceivable I could flip town and AnonNarc could also flip town. I don't know.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We are getting into game territory where I stop caring. Item bingo is boring.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

We are getting into game territory where I stop caring. Item bingo is boring.

Could have sworn you said you stopped caring days ago

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yeah, I said that yesterday. We aren't scum hunting. Little content is being generated.

This item thing doubles down on it. Item and role talk is how town lose but it's unavoidable in games that are heavy in it. This just isn't interesting.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

the OP posted:

[*]This will be a game with fairly heavy item use. Each player will have an inventory with at least two item slots. Some will have more, but two will be the standard.

You need to stop joining experimental games because you throw this fit every damned time like you're surprised

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Yeah, I said that yesterday. We aren't scum hunting. Little content is being generated.

This item thing doubles down on it. Item and role talk is how town lose but it's unavoidable in games that are heavy in it. This just isn't interesting.

I actually find this terribly interesting and tense, especially since we are trying to discern where the scum lie is.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

You know what is boring, though?

The chicago improv scene.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Correct me if I'm wrong:
  • QPQ's investigation of garth and merk shows them as having different alignments.

• merk says that the bloody-handed result flavour happened on both N1 and N2.

• imgay claims to have tracked garth nowhere on N1.

I am thinking about merk being misdirected last night and the possibility of imgay being misdirected on N1, it would make me suspect a garth/opop team as one would be hypnotist and one the misdirector, and opop is the last player for whom I have no data on N1 or N2 actions.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

I would like the crossbow. I hereby pledge on my honor to shoot Opopanax. imgay can track me, merk can watch me, birdstrike can try to steal from me, whatever oversight we need. I just want his head on my mantle.

CCKeane posted:

Can everybody claim the items they have used already?
as stated I have no items right now and my one item - the nightvig - was stolen.

Roydrowsy posted:

Bird sees that Ecco was unhappy with their jailing experience. Uses item to shoot at me, then steals vig to replace it.

Watcher/trackers rendered ineffective

Bird can claim "it wasn't me, I still have my vig and my items are full" but they could have replaced what they used.
this is my thinking right now as well. I am pretty sold on merk-opop-birdstrike as a scumteam, with mmmaaaaybe you as a fourth if it's that large, but I'm doubting it at this point.

merk posted:

I think there is a good chance that Ecco is scum and holding a vig.

I am not either of those things but I have no idea how to test that theory.

merk posted:

If we lynch garth and he flips scum, it basically confirms me as town, basically confirms the Q claim as town, and also basically confirms Roy as town. I think that's the right call.

ooooof course you do.

I hate agreeing with opop though.

CCKeane posted:

We do, but merk has claimed a more useful role.

Especially since we have had two town vanilla flip, I am suspicious of the vanilla claims.

- if merk is lying this is a terrible reason to keep him alive. We should ultimately be voting people based on behavior using claims as guides, not based entirely around claims themselves.

- garth has been a very low-key player all game, skimming his posts I don't get a scum vibe from him at all. of the garth-merk pair I really, really think it's merk, and I remain mystified why you and almost everyone else is ignoring it.

I mean straight up everything about merk's play this game and yesterday says "I am casual scum." I know it's frustrating, voting for a player who is as skilled as merk and who is presenting himself as wholly reasonable and level-headed, but just existing as merk doesn't make him town.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong:
your second mistake is assuming merk is telling the truth when I really think we shouldn't.

your first mistake is being probable scum. how do you feel about roy's summary of your potential angle last night?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
doubt i got misdirected, I was told explicit names in my pms

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I want the crossbow so that ecco doesn't shoot me with it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

imgay posted:

doubt i got misdirected, I was told explicit names in my pms

imgay can you confirm that you were actually roleblocked? it's important to me since it'd confirm I didn't try to kill roy, and you being roleblocked is unexplained right now (meaning it's coming from lying scum, which means we should seriously reconsider some people's claims).

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Opopanax posted:

I want the crossbow so that ecco doesn't shoot me with it.

opop look me in the eyes and tell me you don't have it coming.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was told I got no result

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

imgay posted:

I was told I got no result

is that the same thing from previous nights?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when garth went nowhere, the pm said garth went nowhere

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
well that's disappointing.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Re: Garth, yes he's been laying low but could definitely be lurking scum.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

hey how do you feel about merk. tell me why you won't be voting for him today.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

This is my take.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I would say Birdstrike is better for today than Anon, if we believe QDQ's claim, especially since Bird has a vig floating about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EccoRaven posted:

your second mistake is assuming merk is telling the truth when I really think we shouldn't.

your first mistake is being probable scum. how do you feel about roy's summary of your potential angle last night?

I don't think it's a mistake to consider all angles. Based on the flips I don't think there is really any claim which I 100% believe except for CPig's because I don't see why PinMom would lie about not being able to vig him.

Regarding Roy I accept that it's possible in the setup that I could have stolen your sword and used mine on Roy. Not sure why I would do this though as I wasn't annoyed at him for jailing me.

• Locked thread