Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Right handed people aren't really people IMO.

As I right handed person, I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Right handed people aren't really people IMO.

Agreed. We're basically Kryptonian by comparison to lefties aka the untouchables

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
yeah I can't use my left hand for poo poo, even using my phone would be a big hassle

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

As I right handed person, I

Can't finish your post?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also if being left handed is so great then why is sinister Latin for 'on the left'

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

BottleKnight posted:

yeah I can't use my left hand for poo poo, even using my phone would be a big hassle

I text best with my left hand. All my right is good for is writing. And throwing I guess. I was supposedly left-handed but in kindergarten I was taught to write with my right leading me to be pretty functional with the two. When I played soccer I was generally left-footed but now that I play bass I decided to play righty since it's cheaper and generally easier to find right handed equipment. I should try to learn to write with my left but :effort:.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

TMMadman posted:

Also if being left handed is so great then why is sinister Latin for 'on the left'

Um it is pretty nifty being left handed sorry subhuman rabble please clean your slime trail up behind yourself.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

Um it is pretty nifty being left handed sorry subhuman rabble please clean your slime trail up behind yourself.

good luck playing any infield position besides first base for any major league baseball team left handed scrub

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

keane which hand do you use to masturbate?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
good thing baseball isn't a sport

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

good luck playing any infield position besides first base for any major league baseball team left handed scrub

You know why they call the position short stop? Because they want you to STOP playing and bow to the 1st baseman's might.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

keane which hand do you use to masturbate?

My mouth.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

You know why they call the position short stop? Because they want you to STOP playing and bow to the 1st baseman's might.

only because the first basemen is too fat and unathletic to leave his perch

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

only because the first basemen is too fat and unathletic to leave his perch

You know what you call a fat professional athlete? So drat good at his or her job that they don't have to ascribe to your ideas on beauty.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

You know what you call a fat professional athlete? So drat good at his or her job that they don't have to ascribe to your ideas on beauty.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Pablo Sandoval is the best 'fat' major league baseball player. The guy moves quicker than almost everyone else on the field both on offense and defense, but he still gets slammed in the media and by fans for his weight. He's my second favorite MLB player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqFsEyw8Mcg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kLz8QD-wNI

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Then we have Ryan Howard who

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

merk posted:

Pablo Sandoval is the best 'fat' major league baseball player. The guy moves quicker than almost everyone else on the field both on offense and defense, but he still gets slammed in the media and by fans for his weight. He's my second favorite MLB player.

Who's your favorite? I'd love to hear some of your baseball opinions, merk!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqFsEyw8Mcg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kLz8QD-wNI

Incorrect, Prince Fielder exists.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I agree, I would be scared of fighting such an awesome opponent in hand to hand combat.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

Miguel Cabrera would like a word with you.

Sandoval is also kind of a jerk, and has been a disapointment on my fantasy team all year

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

I agree, I would be scared of fighting such an awesome opponent in hand to hand combat.

the only way he ever won fights is by catching a dude somehow, leaning on them until they fall and then laying on them with his weight:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

the only way he ever won fights is by catching a dude somehow, leaning on them until they fall and then laying on them with his weight:

So you're saying he won fights.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

So you're saying he won fights.

just 1

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Incorrect, Prince Fielder exists.

Prince Fielder is back to amazing form this year, but he's not as athletic as Sandoval. He's great at the plate and that's about as far as his talents go - the rest of the time he's stuck at first base.

JakeP posted:

Miguel Cabrera would like a word with you.

I think kind of the same thing about Miguel Cabrera, although he did do well outside of being chained to first base.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

BottleKnight posted:

Buster Posey is my favorite. He plays the hardest position on the field and makes every pitcher throwing to him better. He also routinely kills it with the bat.

I should probably disclose that I'm a lifelong Giants fan. :)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
You said best fat player not best fat fielder (which would go to Prince Fielder on a technicality)

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where'd you find those King Hippo gifs?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

BottleKnight posted:

Chase Utley is my favorite player that isn't fat

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

JakeP posted:

Chase Utley is my favorite player that isn't fat

It's a shame hes so gosh dang terrible anymore

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

JakeP posted:

I'm left-handed and play second base for my softball team, which is almost the same thing.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm left-handed and play second base for my softball team, which is almost the same thing.

I occasionally play short or third on mine when we are severely lacking for infielders.

I'm a much better firstbaseman because I am incredibly lazy and a big target.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Mike Trout is the best baseball player of our generation.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Mike Trout is the best baseball player of our generation.

This is pretty much objectively true, yeah.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Assuming you are counting Bonds as being in a different generation.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
JOIIINNNNNNNN http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734891

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Assuming you are counting Bonds as being in a different generation.

If the 1986 Barry Bonds went into baseball today (without any steroids available), I think he'd be the best baseball player of our generation after a couple years. Although his stat line is really impressive, steroids ruined him.

HOT TAKE: Wade Boggs is the best baseball player of the last generation.

edit: Wade Boggs consistently hit over .300 but never won the MVP title because he didn't take steroids hit home runs.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

My favorite player is Salvador Perez because I pretty much only follow my local team and he is just the most lovable, good spirited, and occasionally exceptional player.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

If the 1986 Barry Bonds went into baseball today (without any steroids available), I think he'd be the best baseball player of our generation after a couple years. Although his stat line is really impressive, steroids ruined him.

edit: Wade Boggs consistently hit over .300 but never won the MVP title because he didn't take steroids hit home runs.

Boggs was a great ball player and had a great eye.

I'd throw out Mariano Rivera as the best, though. Most dominant in his position, certainly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

Wade Boggs just drank 50 or so beers while traveling to an away game.

Wade Boggs was amazing.

But to call Mike Trout best of our generation is a stretch. ARods early career was comparable to Mike Trout and had great longevity. Mike Trout would have to have a very consistent career to be better than him. Sure you can say steroids, but thats a cop out, the pitcers were roided up too

CCKeane posted:

I'd throw out Mariano Rivera as the best, though. Most dominant in his position, certainly.

Dudes a closer, I am not willing to compare him to a hitter or a Starting Pitcher even