Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rynder
Mar 26, 2009

pentyne posted:

I know its hundreds of chapters away but I think by now everyone knows that Toriko's wedding is going to be catered by Komatsu and everyone is going to be way more interested in the food then the actual wedding ceremony.

Eh. I want to believe thats going to culminate to toriko not understanding what a wedding is - like he'll backtrack and day he thought getting married meant sharing a meal.

Then when it's explained to him we know who he points to. "Oh marriage is a partnership between two people to share, cherish, and put each others trust and lives in one another? Doesn't that mean I'm already married to komatsu?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Rynder posted:

Eh. I want to believe thats going to culminate to toriko not understanding what a wedding is - like he'll backtrack and day he thought getting married meant sharing a meal.

Then when it's explained to him we know who he points to. "Oh marriage is a partnership between two people to share, cherish, and put each others trust and lives in one another? Doesn't that mean I'm already married to komatsu?"

No, he'll totally marry Rin and it'll be legit. He's already expressed that he knows what it means, just that when she mentions their new home he'll say "Oh, and lets make the kitchen insanely huge because Komatsu's gonna live with us. What? He's my combo partner, where else would he live? Well, if he marries Melk II I guess he could move in with her, but we'd figure out an arrangement"

The most hilarious part was when Rin asked and Toriko agreed, the other 3 were all "Uh, but what about your combo" and Zebra in particular was "Awesome! Komatsu is up for grabs!"

pentyne fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Aug 7, 2015

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Is it me or does that kid Yuda saw having trouble drinking the medicine look just like Komatsu's other chef friend? It can't be him since that was like nearly 100 years ago but it looks a lot like him.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Holy poo poo that was the best chapter in a long time.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Even if it's Capture Level 0, Wishes of a Strength Turtle sounds like a really baller main dish

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
What I like most about this chapter is that it wasn't just a fight about using cooking skills to prepare an exotic ingredient. What I liked about Coco when he was first introduced was that he was maybe the only character at the time that was interested in other aspects of cooking than just the food. Things like the tools you use, how you arrange a dish, or even what you serve the food on Yuda preparing an environment to suit his needs is really cool and I want to see more of this again. And with the lineup of characters in the group right now I think that's what's going to happen.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yuda, like all good chefs, understands that mise en place is a key step in the cooking process.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Though the real question is why did Blue Shell turn this into a deathmatch. They just lost one of their best chefs.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Mr. Maltose posted:

Yuda, like all good chefs, understands that mise en place is a key step in the cooking process.
That was the best part, ha

This chapter was so good

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Though the real question is why did Blue Shell turn this into a deathmatch. They just lost one of their best chefs.

Because no young buck human could ever match a 3000 year old expert who's never been challenged.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Getting to the Soul World is serious business apparently. Even just catching a glimpse of it requires you to drink the balls of a super monkey.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

The body's gone, but the spirit remains. Otoh, the country is pretty secretly nefarious as Komatsu is finding out so getting the best chefs and ditching the rest might be part of a larger plan.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

pentyne posted:

Well, if he marries Melk II I guess he could move in with her, but we'd figure out an arrangement"

You don't think Nono has a shot?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Seebach posted:

You don't think Nono has a shot?

I'm kind of disappointed by the way she seems to have replaced Melk II as Komatsu's love interest despite not actually doing anything.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Silver2195 posted:

I'm kind of disappointed by the way she seems to have replaced Melk II as Komatsu's love interest despite not actually doing anything.

'He cooked something for them' is pretty much what anyone in the toriko-verse requires to love Komatsu.
But yeah at this point Midora and creepy ghost grandpa have the same claim to Komatsu's hand in marriage as Nono.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
I hope the shell guy at least gets to have his last meal eaten if he dies.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Toriko Chapter 335 is out early.

Meanwhile, the other groups are encountering the other of the 8 Kings. Also, what the hell is that thing on the last page? poo poo is getting crazy.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Huzzah! posted:

Meanwhile, the other groups are encountering the other of the 8 Kings. Also, what the hell is that thing on the last page? poo poo is getting crazy.

I'm guessing Final Fantasy end boss form Acacia?

Those 8 King spreads were all amazing!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Huzzah! posted:

I'm gonna say it's related to Acacia's gourmet cells. Like it's not Acacia himself but some weird thing vaguely related to his Gourmet Demon.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Holy poo poo.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Huzzah! posted:

Awesome.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I haven't exactly been keeping track of a lot of story points, but uhh... Teppei was faking it all along? I might have forgotten but didn't he kill somebody during the Gourmet Battle arc

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Those 8 kings, goddamn.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

I haven't exactly been keeping track of a lot of story points, but uhh... Teppei was faking it all along? I might have forgotten but didn't he kill somebody during the Gourmet Battle arc

Its a shounen they're gonna asspull a reason. Or they won't.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

dragon enthusiast posted:

The only potential foreshadowing so far has been the explanation that Komatsu's heart actually needed to be replaced in order to handle his awakening gourmet cells, but that doesn't necessarily need to make him a good guy it just needs the bad guys to need Komatsu for something. Also he could just be lying right now to get info.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So that's all the kings then? Wolf, Crow, Snake, Dragon, Deer, Horse, Whale and Monkey.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Or maybe Teppei evaluates killing one or two people ahead of, I don't know, a plan to annihilate the entire planet. Or more likely the mind control broke or whatever.

This chapter owned so hard. Just page after page of holy gently caress.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Absolutely nothing happened in this chapter. On the other hand :asoiaf:

Kenshi
Sep 29, 2004
When Toriko and co. beat Bizarro-Acacia, he will turn into God/Safer-Acacia.

And that's how you get "God".

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

What the gently caress did I just witness.

One moment, Yuda is in a life or death cooking contest for soul world, and then this.

The scope just got so much bigger in terms of poo poo going down.

Also, holy poo poo has Teppei just flat been acting this whole time

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Seebach posted:

They never would have found Pair without his actions.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Just page after page of holy gently caress.

This described the chapter perfectly.

Also new thread title plz.

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013
The scale and pacing of this series makes my head spin.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Seebach posted:

I'd like to think getting yelled at by Jirou knocked some sense into him and he spend the time after regaining control.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Brought To You By posted:

I'd like to think getting yelled at by Jirou knocked some sense into him and he spend the time after regaining control.

That's what I originally thought might happen. I figure a roar from Jirou would rattle anyone right down to their gourmet cells.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 336 is out.

This manga, this fuckin' manga.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

:stare:
What the gently caress is NEO even doing to themselves

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Cooking contest? What cooking contest? :black101:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Holy loving poo poo. Holy loving poo poo!!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

:stare:
What the gently caress is NEO even doing to themselves

NEO hosed with the wrong gourmet organization, is what. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Pair shouldn't probably killed the World's Hungriest Man's brother in front of him. Upcoming Midora/Acacia reunion?

• Locked thread