Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

It matters not what make-up she puts on her face, but what made-up things come out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
lol women and their makeup right

old bags like hillary shouldn't try to keep up appearances

i wonder what focus group she's basing her color coordination on now

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Dan Didio posted:

What kind of stupid loving shoes does this bitch wear, Dalael?

It doesn't matter, as long as its not crocs. :colbert:

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

If Trump wins, I'm leaving forever.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

JT Jag posted:

lol women and their makeup right

Wait till you get a load of Cruz

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

BattleCattle posted:

:toxx:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

BattleCattle posted:

If Trump wins, and god forbid he becomes president, I predict a nuclear war the likes of which makes the Fallout games look like an Utopia.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

BattleCattle posted:

You can join my gang, we'll roam the lands in our refurbished soviet tanks, and shoot people.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
How loose is hil-dawg's vagina do yall think

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

BattleCattle posted:

Good get outta here

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Darth Windu posted:

How loose is hil-dawg's vagina do yall think
If South Park is to be believed, you can fit a nuclear device in it

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Also, where do i find polls telling me who people think won

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Sorta weird that people are hung up on Hillary's makeup when the men wear just as much.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Shageletic posted:

Okay full sexism we go then.

New thread title?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Chantilly Say posted:

New thread title?
... for the Holy War thread

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
gently caress that was ridiculous to watch. At what point will Trump become more than hair and platitudes?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

SirPablo posted:

At what point will Trump become more than hair and platitudes?
Look at this loser question.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
So, do any of the candidates advocating for putting up a missile defense system near the Russian border and openly coordinating with NATO know that doing so is probably the start of a new World War, or is that just one of those things they know and somehow think will be totally awesome let's do it? Because it seems really apparent that they are trying to take Putin's bait.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The newly formed METO will prevent WWIII ya dummy.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I think I got the biggest laugh from the idea of METO, all our allies in the middle east loving hate eachother, good luck getting them all into a single organization.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

This is slowed down or something, right? Cause otherwise, holy poo poo.

Super glad Trump is still going strong. Not going to vote for him, but something about an eccentric billionaire totally loving up the Republican billionaire auction is just really great. Like a soapbox race with the one rich kid who sure as poo poo didn't make his own like he was supposed to, but all the kids are xenophobic assholes.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

bobtheconqueror posted:

Like a soapbox race with the one rich kid who sure as poo poo didn't make his own like he was supposed to, but all the kids are xenophobic assholes.

There's nothing in the rule book that says a dog can't play baseball.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

bobtheconqueror posted:

This is slowed down or something, right? Cause otherwise, holy poo poo.

Super glad Trump is still going strong. Not going to vote for him, but something about an eccentric billionaire totally loving up the Republican billionaire auction is just really great. Like a soapbox race with the one rich kid who sure as poo poo didn't make his own like he was supposed to, but all the kids are xenophobic assholes.

More like the other kids went online and got a bunch of wealthy pedophiles to buy expensive soapbox cars, too.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
Trump starts Twitter slapfight with Megyn Kelly at 3am

quote:

I really enjoyed the debate tonight even though the @FoxNews trio, especially @megynkelly, was not very good or professional!

quote:

Wow, @megynkelly really bombed tonight. People are going wild on twitter! Funny to watch.

quote:

@FrankLuntz is a low class slob who came to my office looking for consulting work and I had zero interest. Now he picks anti-Trump panels!

quote:

@FrankLuntz, your so-called ‘focus groups’ are a total joke. Don't come to my office looking for business again. You are a clown!

America's classiest president

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
:perfect:

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Watched kiddie table debate while I was making dinner, they largely came off as scrub-tier rubes that they are. I think Pataki tried to out 9-11 Guiliani, and Lindsey Graham gave the impression he wanted to covert the Middle East to either a glass parking lot or the 51st state by military force, while simultaneously being on the verge of tears. Bobby Jindal was... Bobby Jindal, and Santorum was the same earnest, flailing doofus he was last time, although I'll give him a little credit for toning down the religious stuff, not that he has much else substantive to offer. Fiorna certainly didn't "open up a can" like the moderators at the main debate were trying to introduce into the narrative, but both she and Perry probably came out looking better than when they went in by sheer virtue of the backdrop of mediocrity the rest of the stage presented. Perry seemed to sense Fiorina on the upswing and tried to draft on her momentum with that backhanded SecState offer, which was weird.

Gilmore continued to use his superpower of invisibility.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I'm watching the kiddie debate right now and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone. It's a snoozefest. It's the sort of thing the main debate would have probably been without The Donald, just an endless stream of how cutting education, welfare and healthcare will make everything better.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
poo poo if :shillary: is hanging with Kanye I might have to rethink my Bernie support.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

aBagorn posted:

poo poo if :shillary: is hanging with Kanye I might have to rethink my Bernie support.

Traitor. Once Bernie takes over the country, you will hang alongside the rich and Donald Trump. :colbert:

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

SirPablo posted:

gently caress that was ridiculous to watch. At what point will Trump become more than hair and platitudes?

Why would he ever? His base doesn't want vegetables, they want candy.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

SirPablo posted:

When will the rest of them?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Paul Krugman is a better economist than political pundit, but he's on point about how the "serious" Republicans are little more substantial and moderate than Trump:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/07/opinion/paul-krugman-from-trump-on-down-the-republicans-cant-be-serious.html

An extract:

quote:

For while it’s true that Mr. Trump is, fundamentally, an absurd figure, so are his rivals. If you pay attention to what any one of them is actually saying, as opposed to how he says it, you discover incoherence and extremism every bit as bad as anything Mr. Trump has to offer. And that’s not an accident: Talking nonsense is what you have to do to get anywhere in today’s Republican Party.

For example, Mr. Trump’s economic views, a sort of mishmash of standard conservative talking points and protectionism, are definitely confused. But is that any worse than Jeb Bush’s deep voodoo, his claim that he could double the underlying growth rate of the American economy? And Mr. Bush’s credibility isn’t helped by his evidence for that claim: the relatively rapid growth Florida experienced during the immense housing bubble that coincided with his time as governor.

Mr. Trump, famously, is a “birther” — someone who has questioned whether President Obama was born in the United States. But is that any worse than Scott Walker’s declaration that he isn’t sure whether the president is a Christian?

Mr. Trump’s declared intention to deport all illegal immigrants is definitely extreme, and would require deep violations of civil liberties. But are there any defenders of civil liberties in the modern G.O.P.? Notice how eagerly Rand Paul, self-described libertarian, has joined in the witch hunt against Planned Parenthood.

And while Mr. Trump is definitely appealing to know-nothingism, Marco Rubio, climate change denier, has made “I’m not a scientist” his signature line. (Memo to Mr. Rubio: Presidents don’t have to be experts on everything, but they do need to listen to experts, and decide which ones to believe.)

The point is that while media puff pieces have portrayed Mr. Trump’s rivals as serious men — Jeb the moderate, Rand the original thinker, Marco the face of a new generation — their supposed seriousness is all surface. Judge them by positions as opposed to image, and what you have is a lineup of cranks. And as I said, this is no accident.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Vegetable posted:

Paul Krugman is a better economist than political pundit, but he's on point about how the "serious" Republicans are little more substantial and moderate than Trump:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/07/opinion/paul-krugman-from-trump-on-down-the-republicans-cant-be-serious.html

An extract:
He isn't wrong.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
yeah but is that really new

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Dalael posted:

Traitor. Once Bernie takes over the country, you will hang alongside the rich and Donald Trump. :colbert:

But Kanye, man.

Kanye.

e: \/ I don't think we'll be seeing any meaningful post debate polls until next week.

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Aug 7, 2015

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
So are there any post-debate poll results in yet? Watching the debate I honestly couldn't tell if it was going to help or hurt Trump in this world where nothing seems to faze his popularity. In a sane world this debate should have utterly sunk him but it's become pretty clear now that that's not the world we live in ...

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

You know, they saod the same things about reagan; "what?! He's an actor! He can't be president!"

Hell, Reagan was a liberal union president of the actors guild before hos wife remade him into a conservative. Even then it was "maybe he wins a primary. Maybe."

An actor ruined this country for generations. Of you believe hard enough, dreams really do come true. Trump 2016

E: sorry on mobile

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Every time I've heard Fiorina speak she's seemed well prepared and more on point than almost any other candidate.

In terms of the main debate, I think Christie and Kasich will probably benefit - Rand looked horribad.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Trump definitely crushed it, he was countering gotchas on the fly while everyone else was just resiting talking points and buzzwords. The establishment is so out of touch with the republican base its laughable, you cant just throw a billion at robot like walker or a dingus like jeb and expect them to automatically become competitive in the general, their getting shown up by a guy with a reality tv level of charisma ffs.

It was pretty great how obvious fox was about playing favorites, i dont think christie got one question in the last half. dunno why they gave a nobody like kasich so much time though, dude seems nice and sensible hows he gonna appeal to the base?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Dalael posted:

When I look at other recent pictures of :shillary:, I can't help but ask myself:

Just how much loving make-up is she wearing in this picture?

Does this even loving matter?

• Locked thread