Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Bella is the master of her stuffed animal domain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
hail bella

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Warning: weird dogges but good ones
http://imgur.com/gallery/6yAEG

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Genocide Tendency posted:

I worked for a guy who trained his pit to respond to German commands.

Apparently its not that rare. And usually involves German/Russian because dogs respond to it better?? Or some poo poo like that was his reasoning.

I knew a dog (sheperd) who was a 'failed' German police dog. I didn't have to spend enough time around him to bother learning German commands. To be fair he was happy protecting a newish tiny dog in the house so I figured 'gently caress it' why trigger him. He's in the zone enough as it were. And he was a good loving dog anyway so why bother him?

[Edit: I'm a pussy civilan so feel free to call me out if I post in this forum too much.]

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Reggie has some new cousins:

Bonus pic of Reggie's sister:

And of Reggie as a puppy dogge. (on the right)

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Omnishambles posted:

[Edit: I'm a pussy civilan so feel free to call me out if I post in this forum too much.]

Everyone is welcome to post about dogges in this thread.

all we ask in return is pictures.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ElMaligno posted:

Everyone is welcome to post about dogges in this thread.

all we ask in return is pictures.

I can't post work pics unfortunately
But here's a greyhound.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

:kimchi:

Hooray Dialysis
May 20, 2007

everything is cool
HEY DIXIE!!! How was your walk today!?!

Oh really? You didn't help me strike up a conversation with the cute girl who just moved in down the street.....?

Good dogge Dixie, good dogge.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yeah I guess I just wouldn't want the dog to be confused by the hundreds of people yelling at their dog to come here, stop, etc. Plus I feel like the commands would hold more assertiveness since the dog wouldn't hear it 100 times when it's around other dogs

Eh.. I have heard so many different things its hard to know which is accurate.

At one point I had someone I generally trust on training knowledge tell me they don't actually understand words. But your voice, tone and gestures.

I honestly don't know what the truth is on it any more. Last time I trained a dog, it was my sister's lab and she had rocks for brains. She responded to me walking in the room and guessed what I wanted. Worked 50% of the time since the commands were either scritches/treats or "shut the gently caress up idiot". If I had something in my hand she kept barking, just walked up to me while doing so.

Omnishambles posted:

I knew a dog (sheperd) who was a 'failed' German police dog. I didn't have to spend enough time around him to bother learning German commands. To be fair he was happy protecting a newish tiny dog in the house so I figured 'gently caress it' why trigger him. He's in the zone enough as it were. And he was a good loving dog anyway so why bother him?

Im calling you out for not posting pictures of either dog.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That's fair. I work doggie day care and the owner is a stickler for posting pics. I'd add a link but don't want to self dox.
Picture a large German Shepherd and a small Bichon Frise. It was a cute pair. Except when the Shepherd would try to gently caress the Bichon. I was slow to stop him because it was mostly physically impossible. A misdemeanor as opposed to a felony as I say at work.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Aug 6, 2015

Turtle Dad 420
Jul 16, 2011

Turtle Time Erryday

Eh.. I have heard so many different things its hard to know which is accurate.

At one point I had someone I generally trust on training knowledge tell me they don't actually understand words. But your voice, tone and gestures.

I honestly don't know what the truth is on it any more. Last time I trained a dog, it was my sister's lab and she had rocks for brains. She responded to me walking in the room and guessed what I wanted. Worked 50% of the time since the commands were either scritches/treats or "shut the gently caress up idiot". If I had something in my hand she kept barking, just walked up to me while doing so.

My girlfriend does clicker training for service dogs and what they do basically is click and treat when the dog performs the action they're trying to achieve without any cues.

As the dog learns that the thing its doing is a good thing, then they add in visual cues, and then add in a word.

So no, your dog has no clue what you're saying and mostly doesn't care because they mostly communicate through body language. For them, they just know that the sound "Sit" from your mouth means put my butt on the ground because I'm doing the good thing that you want.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Label Facing Right posted:

Good dogge Dixie, good dogge.
:kimchi:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
So my girlfriend's aunt's house has a gated driveway that you have to open to get out. Sadie decided to run off into the wild and around the neighborhood. We're watching the house for her aunt right now so it was my responsibility to go find her. There's a horse stable across the street. Sadie came back covered in horse poo poo. Guess who got to clean her up :buddy:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mike-o posted:

So my girlfriend's aunt's house has a gated driveway that you have to open to get out. Sadie decided to run off into the wild and around the neighborhood. We're watching the house for her aunt right now so it was my responsibility to go find her. There's a horse stable across the street. Sadie came back covered in horse poo poo. Guess who got to clean her up :buddy:

Good dogge.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
http://i.imgur.com/dGW4BE3.gifv

movax
Aug 30, 2008

oh man :3:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

My dog looks like a potato :/

Also it's hard to see but he is cuddling his pizzle stick aka dried bull penis

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

imo definitely a combination of a lot of things. Maybe they don't understand your words per-se but the inflection of your voice

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

My dogge is a patient dogge

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I guess Cole is on probation or w/e. Anyway here's Monty.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Holy poo poo :3:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

It's the eye-twitch that sells it.

"This is fiftieth loving time. I can't believe he's still doing this."

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Hi everyone I am the Tanky I am am very fashionable and want to lick your face

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

BigPaddy posted:

Hi everyone I am the Tanky I am am very fashionable and want to lick your face

i would let tanky lick my face tbh

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

i would let tanky lick my face tbh

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Monty voted and this the only cat he would ever live with

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Cole posted:

Monty voted and this the only cat he would ever live with

"If Deathstroke were a cat"

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Jobbo_Fett posted:

"If Deathstroke were a cat"

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Cheesin' it for the ladies. :mmmhmm:

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

^ that gif is too good

Paint me like one of your French girls

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Spicy Guacamole posted:

lmao

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

^ that gif is too good

Paint me like one of your French girls
:dogge:

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

And now, a normal picture of Zips:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Just texted my landlord waiting for a response. Started looking at dogs on Craigslist and I'm impulsive as hell. gently caress it. About to head to the local rescue society to check out dogs. Wish me luck!