Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
So many waifus/husbandos, not enough luck on gacha. :negative:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If you get multiple Servants, keep in mind that you can mash them together to upgrade their skills. Make sure you do this with the useless level 1 guys and not with your level 17 guy!

(:negative:)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

-Troika- posted:

If you get multiple Servants, keep in mind that you can mash them together to upgrade their skills. Make sure you do this with the useless level 1 guys and not with your level 17 guy!

(:negative:)

Are you talking about multiple of the same servant? I think that upgrades their NP (and seems to be pretty expensive; while I can afford the 20,000 to upgrade 3 star Jing Ke's NP, it's a bit costly for a character I don't use often). It seems like the way to upgrade skills is with those little class tokens, and that's REALLY expensive for higher star servants; it's 100,000 to upgrade my 4-star Seigfried's and I think the 5-star servants are 200,000 to upgrade.

After playing this for a while, I get the impression that, at lower levels, there is virtually no advantage to using a high star servant over a lower star one. Higher star servants seem to have no advantage in terms of stat growth over lower star ones, but cost more to upgrade the skills/NPs for and have higher costs to put in your party. I'm sure in the later game higher star servants probably end up being better with their high level caps, but at this point there doesn't seem to be any advantage to the higher ones. (This is in stark contrast to something like Puzzles and Dragons where rare monsters are just objectively superior in every way and can let you coast through a large portion of the game.)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I won't stand for this

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

THOU SHALT NOT LOLIFY ATSUKO TANAKA

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Rodyle posted:

I won't stand for this

I'm mad as hell. Type-Moon is poo poo now.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Did you not read the thread title

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's hosed up, original Caster Lily wasn't a little girl

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

On another side, they fixed up the bad Jack the Ripper

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

It's hosed up, original Caster Lily wasn't a little girl

But she was in her flashbacks though.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

On another side, they fixed up the bad Jack the Ripper

Is this the same one from Strange/Fake or the other one? She looks like Sakuya which is appropriate.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The stat gap between some of these characters is so great that I feel like I must be missing some advantage they have with their skills/noble phantasms or something. This particular comparison I find pretty crazy:
Level 11 Berserker Spartacus (1 star): 3107 HP / 1972 ATK
Level 11 Berserker Caligula (2 stars): 1794 HP / 1610 ATK

Is it because of the lower stars having a lower level cap? I thought there was some way to increase the level cap once you reach it, so I'm not sure if that would make sense. The main reason this is bugging me is that I'm trying to decide who to spend all my XP items on (those stats are the stats displayed after giving each of those Berserkers a bunch of XP items and looking at the expected results). I don't want to use them on lower star guys that might give an advantage right now but end up being the worse decision later.

In unrelated news, I ended up equipping my Heaven's Feel to Caster Cu Chulainn instead of Jeanne, and his Wicker Man wrecks things now (in addition to the 500+ bonus to ATK, Heaven's Feel gives a 40% damage boost to Noble Phantasms, which was useless to Jeanne since her NP just buffs and heals). Caster Cu Chulainn is pretty strong in general. I keep trying to substitute other people for him and it never ends up being a good idea unless the enemy happens to be strong against Casters.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You can increase the level cap, actually. Once you get a Servant to their max level, go to the upgrade screen and click the Ascension button. This unlocks another one of their skills and changes their appearance.

For example I ascended my Arash and now he has cool leather armor on some parts of his body.

e: Here's some info on some of the Servants and what their abilities are. In case it's not obvious, class skills are your char's passive skills.

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Aug 8, 2015

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Some Servants are just lovely, because Delightworks has no idea what game balance is.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Rejoice

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That's a pretty sick hat.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

T.G. Xarbala posted:

i've discovered how to embed videos into posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2SINwaFbm8

What's the mythological or folklore reference in this?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GadTfGFvU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dr Pepper posted:

Pretty straightforward. Cu Cuchulain is Celtic, and the Celts used wicker men :downs:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

she's back

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

My experience so far has been... interesting. Given my starter summon was Gilles(Saber), who's not exactly impressive statwise, and my second draw, who I didn't actually get until world 2, was Arash, who's bloody terrible, I've been leaning pretty heavily on that support slot. So far, with ~16 cards gotten from friend points, along with spending 40 summon crystals, I've still not gotten a single 4+ star servant. I've gotten:

1 Star:
-Arash(Archer)
-Mata-hari(Assassin)
-Asterios(Berserker)

3 Star:
-Gilles(Saber)
-Mephistopheles(Caster)
-Medusa(Rider) x2

and Cu(Caster) of course.

Meanwhile, I've ended up with three 4-star and one 5-star Craft Essences.

4 Star:
-Angel's Poem x2
-Projection Magic

5 Star:
-Limited/Over Zero

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus dude. I would have rerolled that in an instant.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lord Koth posted:

My experience so far has been... interesting. Given my starter summon was Gilles(Saber), who's not exactly impressive statwise, and my second draw, who I didn't actually get until world 2, was Arash, who's bloody terrible, I've been leaning pretty heavily on that support slot. So far, with ~16 cards gotten from friend points, along with spending 40 summon crystals, I've still not gotten a single 4+ star servant. I've gotten:

1 Star:
-Arash(Archer)
-Mata-hari(Assassin)
-Asterios(Berserker)

3 Star:
-Gilles(Saber)
-Mephistopheles(Caster)
-Medusa(Rider) x2

and Cu(Caster) of course.

Meanwhile, I've ended up with three 4-star and one 5-star Craft Essences.

4 Star:
-Angel's Poem x2
-Projection Magic

5 Star:
-Limited/Over Zero

If it makes you feel better, I'm pretty sure that 4/5 star servants have no advantage over lower star servants until late in the game; I think their only inherent advantage is having a higher level cap. Many actually seem to have faster stat growth. It's not like PAD or some other gacha games where the super rare pulls are inherently vastly superior to more common ones. As an example, I have many 1-3 star servants that are way stronger than my 4 star EMIYA.

I just got to a part where I'm fighting Lancelot Berserker. I hope that he becomes obtainable after this chapter of the story.

edit: By the way, don't forgot that you have the ability to fully heal a servant using your command seals. It's gotten me out of a couple tight spots.

edit2: Now Lancelot is confusing Jeanne with Arthur; between this and Caster Gilles confusing Saber with Jeanne, they must really look alike.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Aug 9, 2015

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
My 1 star Servants like Arash and Asterios/Minotaur have been able to get me out of some pretty tight spots so far. It's all about how you utilize some Servants over others.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jesus Christ, Tamamo Cat is absurdly strong. Her Noble Phantasm just did 30,000 damage (spread across two guys, but that's still 15,000 each) and then heals her for 4000HP over the next two turns.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Jesus Christ, Tamamo Cat is absurdly strong. Her Noble Phantasm just did 30,000 damage (spread across two guys, but that's still 15,000 each) and then heals her for 4000HP over the next two turns.

Type moon cats are strong.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
On the other hand, it does paralyze her for those two turns because she's asleep :pwn:

Also, here is a gallery with the cards for (most) of the Servants and Craft Essences currently in the game files. It has some that are not gettable.

If you are wondering how to unlock these extra outfits, your Servant's outfit gets fancier when you ascend them. Better start grinding exp cards!

Also, a lot of these are by different artists, which is why some are :hellyeah: and some are :derp:

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

-Troika- posted:

On the other hand, it does paralyze her for those two turns because she's asleep :pwn:
Type moon cats are also lazy!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

-Troika- posted:

Also, here is a gallery with the cards for (most) of the Servants and Craft Essences currently in the game files. It has some that are not gettable.

If you are wondering how to unlock these extra outfits, your Servant's outfit gets fancier when you ascend them. Better start grinding exp cards!

Also, a lot of these are by different artists, which is why some are :hellyeah: and some are :derp:

Most of the female servants loser armor as you upgrade them apparently :\

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Somehow Ushiwakamaru gets more, but it covers everything but her torso.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Boobica also gets more clothing as she upgrades. Mata Hari stays the same, though she was a dancer to begin with so it fits.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Spent yesterday grinding master exp event (20/40ap) with lv40+ berserker friends. lv 13 -> lv 43

lv 40 is about the lv that the event won't fully fill your exp bar (about 35000 exp) anymore, but you will have enough ap to do other quest/event to fill the gap.

lv 50 should be the sweet spot where i will have 80 ap to grind the 40 ap back to back next week to continue power leveling.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nyaa posted:

Spent yesterday grinding master exp event (20/40ap) with lv40+ berserker friends. lv 13 -> lv 43

lv 40 is about the lv that the event won't fully fill your exp bar (about 35000 exp) anymore, but you will have enough ap to do other quest/event to fill the gap.

lv 50 should be the sweet spot where i will have 80 ap to grind the 40 ap back to back next week to continue power leveling.

Ugh, I should have done that as well. Instead I did a bunch of story quests. I have enough star gems for another multi-roll, but I'm holding off until I've completed more story chapters under the assumption that it will add more characters to the gacha.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ytlaya posted:

Ugh, I should have done that as well. Instead I did a bunch of story quests. I have enough star gems for another multi-roll, but I'm holding off until I've completed more story chapters under the assumption that it will add more characters to the gacha.
Yea, I do all my story quest with the spare AP. Level up, repeat.

You unlock more characters for completing world. One of the linked guide say Red Saber is really good and she is unlocked after beating second world.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nyaa posted:

Yea, I do all my story quest with the spare AP. Level up, repeat.

You unlock more characters for completing world. One of the linked guide say Red Saber is really good and she is unlocked after beating second world.

By second world do you mean the one after Orleans? I've been assuming that Jeanne Alter or something would unlock from this world, and Nero Saber wouldn't really make sense given the setting.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ytlaya posted:

By second world do you mean the one after Orleans? I've been assuming that Jeanne Alter or something would unlock from this world, and Nero Saber wouldn't really make sense given the setting.
I double checked, it is "World 2 (The Roman Empire)."

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Saber Alter is unlocked after Fuyui, Jeanne Alter is unlocked after Orleans, Nero is unlocked after Rome.

Also jesus the 40 AP XP quest today is just making GBS threads gold lancer cards at me. I've gotten my Elizabeth Bathory up to 27 so far.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Should've taken advantage of the master exp daily, drat.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I want to collect all the Servants based off of famous scientists, philosophers and so forth just because.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

-Troika- posted:

Saber Alter is unlocked after Fuyui, Jeanne Alter is unlocked after Orleans, Nero is unlocked after Rome.

Also jesus the 40 AP XP quest today is just making GBS threads gold lancer cards at me. I've gotten my Elizabeth Bathory up to 27 so far.

How difficult is the 40AP XP quest (ie what level servants roughly are required and what class type are the enemies)? I really don't want to waste 40AP and then die.