Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

He always does the anti-monti position. I think he's just cooling off his nuts

i bet if you could you would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

:feelsgood:

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 9, 2015

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

He's a bit picky but all about them pig ears

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Not enough dogges

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
NFL is back (kind of)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Literally can't even

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sputnik booper

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Literally can't even

Jesus

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

He always does the anti-monti position. I think he's just cooling off his nuts

Frogge dogge.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I got an empty evian bottle and filled it up to carry water for pax when we go out and it looks like I am giving my dog evian

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I got an empty evian bottle and filled it up to carry water for pax when we go out and it looks like I am giving my dog evian

God, they are so naive!

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Jobbo_Fett posted:

God, they are so naive!

Honestly pax probably can't tell the difference

Probably

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Literally can't even

Is he doing alright after flying a bit close to the sun yesterday?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

He's been a bit skiddish and overly cautious of any dog bigger than him. Usually just tried to speed by. Took him to dogge beach for the 2nd time and let him run unleashed. He met two bigger dogs that freaked him out then next you know he's chasing them around

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

He's been a bit skiddish and overly cautious of any dog bigger than him. Usually just tried to speed by. Took him to dogge beach for the 2nd time and let him run unleashed. He met two bigger dogs that freaked him out then next you know he's chasing them around

People have told me that puppies can be pretty resilient. I'm glad that he is settling in well :)

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/SEsEn6N.gifv

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

JFC

:kimchi:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Does Icarus like peanut butter btw?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Does Icarus like peanut butter btw?

All dogs like peanut butter.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Mak0rz posted:

All dogs like peanut butter.

I want a picture of him doing the pb tongue thing

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Took him to a small store and got a handful of toys. Need to get one of the ones for putting peanut butter inside so he can go hog wild. I can only assume he likes peanut butter.

I've been sleeping in the living room with him all night. I really want to be able to not have to crate him when I leave. He's been in and out of sleep running around all night chewing on his pigs ear etc. Took him outside and he was pretty scared and wouldn't even go down the 2nd flight of stairs. He comes in and decides to piss on the floor. After that I guess he decided it was bed time....at 5 am

He has some pretty bad farts too I've come to find. Gonna knock out for a bit here probably then see about getting him to the vet

All tuckered out

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 10, 2015

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

It'll help if you take him out to the same spot to pee every time, so he can get into a habit, and know what you want him to do.

Farts are 90% poo poo food IME.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I have a downstairs area that's fenced he can run around. Mostly cement. He doesn't seem partial to piss or poo poo anywhere though. Sometimes on cement, the stairs, middle of the sidewalk, wherever. I try to take him to grassy patches on walks and such but he just sniffs around.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Right, you need to make it habitual, not so much try to determine where he'd prefer to go.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I try to take him to grassy patches on walks and such but he just sniffs around.

You'll learn his habits/schedule and when he poops and when he doesn't. Dogs are a lock to pee just about every time you take them out. And at times you two will have a Mexican standoff in the grass while you wait for him to piss but he wants to chase butterflies and mush ants with his nose.

Don't give in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOqb1l4__1A

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Also don't make pooping and peeing the last thing your dog does before you take him inside. Every now and then is ok, but for the most part you should play with him for a few minutes first.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Cole posted:

Also don't make pooping and peeing the last thing your dog does before you take him inside. Every now and then is ok, but for the most part you should play with him for a few minutes first.

A good post. Dogs will start to hold poo poo in of they learn potty = inside time

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If you're having trouble with a dog walking on a leash especially if they are pulling and tugging a lot, get an easy walk harness. I'm pretty sure that's just a name brand for one, but they're harnesses that hook to the leash at the chest instead of the back. What this does is throw the dogs center of balance slightly off if they try to pull. It's completely painless and I've never seen a dog that didn't immediately respond and follow when walked with one. I first used them back in Hawaii when I volunteered at the humane society out there. I really can't say just how good they are.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you're having trouble with a dog walking on a leash especially if they are pulling and tugging a lot, get an easy walk harness. I'm pretty sure that's just a name brand for one, but they're harnesses that hook to the leash at the chest instead of the back. What this does is throw the dogs center of balance slightly off if they try to pull. It's completely painless and I've never seen a dog that didn't immediately respond and follow when walked with one. I first used them back in Hawaii when I volunteered at the humane society out there. I really can't say just how good they are.

my friend has one for her pit and he still tugs like a motherfucker but that's probably because he's an (lovable:3:) idiot

My sister uses a leader which has a little strap that goes around the snout and that's much more effective for her pooch.

As with all dogs YMMV

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mr. Nice! posted:

Seconding this.

http://www.petsafe.net/gentleleader

I got that for Monty and ever since then he has been a pleasure to walk. Before he would either choke himself out or just yank me down the street. Your dog is not supposed to walk you, you are supposed to walk your dog. Leash manners is one of my biggest pet peeves and the gentle leader made it so much easier.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Thirding the front hooking harness

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Mr. Nice! posted:

Harnesses are a good thing to have for dogs in general.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

He's a bit picky but all about them pig ears

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

He has some pretty bad farts too I've come to find.

In my experience one follows the other every time.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

evil_bunnY posted:

Farts are 90% poo poo food IME.

could be a food with high protein, which most puppy foods and high quality adult foods have.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

He has some pretty bad farts too I've come to find.

High protein and fiber food.

Also :dogge:. They have weapon grade gas.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
If the food you give your dogge doesn't have meat as the first ingredient, you're doing it wrong. Abound is pretty good stuff, and since switching Alfie and Daphne seem to have more energy, even though they're 9 and 12 years old.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Alfie doesn't survive off of bulk whey protein, rip-its, and cigarretes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I feed Monty this:

http://bluebuffalo.com/natural-dog-food/grain-free-blue-wilderness/dry-food/wilderness-adult-chicken-recipe/