Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Huh, looks like we only need a 4 vote instead of an actual majority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
For rehearsal I think maybe?

Speaking of which I will vote Exakt for capitano to try and get this thing moving.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If normally "the moderator is not here" then we shouldn't need to wait for an announcement after that 4th vote. I vote Hal for Il Dottore

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

If normally "the moderator is not here" then we shouldn't need to wait for an announcement after that 4th vote. I vote Hal for Il Dottore

la biffa é scummia

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm going to sleep anyway. Let's hope that this gets more active when people realise it's started.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm going to sleep anyway. Let's hope that this gets more active when people realise it's started.

This is just the rehearsal :)

People will know the game has started playing when they receive elaborate role messages.

As is in this rehearsal:

- Birdstrike
- MMM Whatchya Say
- Bifauxnen
- Hal Incandenza
- Gwynplaine
- EXAKT science
- SirSamVimes

4 votes to majority

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
EXAKT SCIENCE IS IL CAPITANO

il dottore

Hal Incandenza: 1/4 votes

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
cavolo EXAKT Science!

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
EXAKT SCIENCE

Cavolo! 1/4

- If EXAKT reaches 4/4 they will no longer be il capitano!
- they will also be Odiato and take one less vote to kill!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:eng99:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MMM and now EXAKT? People are out of control! A calming influence is required! Make me Il Dottore again!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote Hal

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

cavolo EXAKT Science!

wow rude

Hal needs two more votes to be il dottore

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I really like how I'm the only cavalo so far when other people aren't even posting~

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
People are too polite.
vote Hal for dottore

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
IL DOTTORE

Hal Incandenza: 3/4 votes

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Someone hammer

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I believe in our capitane. ##vote Hal

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
Regular mafia players: do you think I'll need to make each game day about 3 days? Trying to fit the format to the player style.

About 24 hours to pick roles, 2 full days to actually (yet leisurely ) play mafia?

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
HAL INCANDENZA IS IL DOTTORE

Now lastly vote in Pulcinella to defend... whoever EXAKT is going to accuse!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote birdy

He's obviously off to a good start playing anti-Capitano, may as well make it official.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Ordinarily I wouldn't self-promote but let's face it it's the role I was born to rehearse.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Once the game actually starts and people get proper role PMS I imagine the game will pick up pace. I'd suggest making day 1 a bit longer the trimming down afterward.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
vimes you were just here come back and vote for bird

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

sure ##vote bird

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also yeah, generally the first day is the longest and then as the numbers of players go down, the days get shorter.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I like the whole idea of momentum and having days end quickly

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

EXAKT Science posted:

I like the whole idea of momentum and having days end quickly
Considering the timezone of the majority if the players this might not be as good for you as you think

I like shortish days too but I know my posting volume isn't going to be great

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
busb has something there, a few of us are used to shorter days and Australians are notoriously unwelcoming people

(unless you're white)

Just a heads up.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
bring it on

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I was around enough to live to endgame and win an Auspol game, so I should be fine :)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EXAKT Science posted:

I was around enough to live to endgame and win an Auspol game, so I should be fine :)

Il Capitano in Commedia is full of baseless braggadocio (and is personally timid) so this is a good effort at playing the role.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

Il Capitano in Commedia is full of baseless braggadocio (and is personally timid) so this is a good effort at playing the role.

bird do you have a different new avatar full of gross smuggos?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Birdstrike

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EXAKT Science posted:

bird do you have a different new avatar full of gross smuggos?

It's a longer story but yeah I was in a d&d thread shitfight, there was a skirmish over my avatar and eventually I and some innocent bystanders received this.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

It's a longer story but yeah I was in a d&d thread shitfight, there was a skirmish over my avatar and eventually I and some innocent bystanders received this.

So somebody bought you not one, but two Abbottars?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EXAKT Science posted:

So somebody bought you not one, but two Abbottars?

They bought me an erotic charizard with some Pokemon fetish text for some reason, my transformertar was quickly restored, then the sexizard was back with text threatening to change all the transformertars unless sexizard was kept for a few days.

I changed sexizard because it was borderline NSFW, so then the mystery buyer bought 7 or 8 people Abbottars.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

vote Birdstrike for the opposition

Not going to be around till after work today, my workmates buggered off for their Ekka day off so it's just me and the boss. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote Gwyn

The lurkiest person in rehearsal. Hasn't shown up at all today except to vote me for il Capitano.

• Locked thread