Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EXAKT Science posted:

##vote Gwyn

The lurkiest person in rehearsal. Hasn't shown up at all today except to vote me for il Capitano.

This looks like an attempt to sully a good signore's name while they are unable to defend themselves. Fortunately for Sg. Gwyn I am here to pulcinella the sting out of this attack.

Capitano Exakt is badmouthing someone whose only act was to support him, and this is how he repays Gwyn? That is not the act of a good Venetian, it is the act of a Frenchman.

Things like this is why I declared cavolo Exakt. Cavolo odiato!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
BIRDSTRIKE IS NOW PULCINELLA!

- birdstrike must now defend the accused - Gwynplaine!
- if he does not or does so poorly, he is now open to cavolo! votes!
- players can now vote for a lynch as normal, but only il capitano can ##execute the player (and only once they have majority votes!)

REHEARSAL DAY TWO ENDS IN FOUR AND A HALF HOURS! (3AM CENTRAL)

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
I'm still struggling with the system a little, but both of these reactions are quite interesting.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:ghost: auspol can you guys invite me to one of your games please?

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

:ghost: auspol can you guys invite me to one of your games please?

You do know you're still in the game and this is just the rehearsal right?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
This basically is one and you're on the list MMM?????

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:ghost: As a proud theatre person I am insulted that you think I wouldn't give a rehearsal the respect it deserves.

E:
busb:
:ghost: I just meant in the future! I sort of thought this was it's own thing that happened to have a lot of auspollers or something

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
The ghost talking is a sign! An omen! Providence does not approve of us lynching Gwyn.

Instead ##vote La Biffauxnen, who surely conspires to get her Mafiosi friend Exakt appointed to capitano.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
- a reminder: once they have weighed their options il capitano may select another target. Normally this is after hearing from il dottore too, but really it's their choice if and when they accuse another player. They must make it clear however they are switching.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I love how if we disapprove of a day role we call them cabbage.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Gwynplaine posted:

I'm still struggling with the system a little, but both of these reactions are quite interesting.

This sort of response makes me think Il Capitano was on the right track.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Aheh. Good for you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Gwynplaine posted:

Aheh. Good for you.

Ah yes, refusing to engage the thread, letting others defend you (even if that is there job). I feel good about a ##vote Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I'm not seeing a lot of scum hunting or much action outside of voting at all, really. I'm curious as to what makes me particularly scummy in your eyes.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

The capitanos meant to be building a case on me, so you should be explaining it to them, moreover, unless I'm confused (and that's possible) your role is to analyse what the capitano is saying. Which is tricky, because they're not saying a huge amount either. Certainly not exactly building a case. The fact that you're focusing on me instead of them is more suspicious than me not having much to say.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

The better people feel about voting Gwynplaine, the funnier it is.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ah yes, refusing to engage the thread, letting others defend you (even if that is there job). I feel good about a ##vote Gwynplaine

Signore Incandenza is blindly following the capitano down the garden path. It is a bad dottore.

cavolo Hal Incandenza!

Also I have not persuaded anyone of the justice in my cause yet

cavolo Birdstrike!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Birdstrike, no!

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
TO LYNCH

Gwynplaine: 2/4 votes

Bifauxnen: 1/4 votes

Cavolo!

EXAKT science: 1/4

Hal Incandenza: 1/4

Birdstrike: 1/4

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT you really aren't holding up your end of the bargain, even if I do agree with your assessment.

I think the town could use a stronger voice cavolo EXAKT!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Exakt is doing a poor job of this! cavolo EXAKT

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

agreed, cavolo exakt

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
vote SirSamVimes for capitano
A name like that just says "authoritas"

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Aye, worth a shot SamVimes por Capitano

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
CAVOLO EXAKT SCIENCE!

EXAKT is no longer il capitano!

EXAKT is now odiato! - and only takes 3 votes to lynch!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I am less convinced that Exakt is a scummo compared to Hal's dottore male or the mastermind who I call La Biffa.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Is anyone more interested in hurrying this along though? Like I think I understand the concepts but I'm happy to keep going if others are. The non-rehearses might want to start playing too.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I'd say that I'm ##ready

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Okay new questions!

I saw Bird's vote for me got tracked, is that because his role can nominate an alternate person to lynch to oppose the Capitano's choice? Or is it a free for all where anyone can still vote for whoever they want? (But since only the Capitano can hammer, its likely to stick to their choice,and less confusing?)

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
If those in the rehearsal vote move on as EXAKT has done PM's will go out and the game will start in earnest tomorrow!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##ready

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I am ##ready and for what it's worth I think Bif was mafia this time

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I was born hash hash ready

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay new questions!

I saw Bird's vote for me got tracked, is that because his role can nominate an alternate person to lynch to oppose the Capitano's choice? Or is it a free for all where anyone can still vote for whoever they want? (But since only the Capitano can hammer, its likely to stick to their choice,and less confusing?)

People are free to vote for who they like, very much like a normal game of mafia. What can happen is:

- town and il capitano agree
- town and il capitano strongly disagree (town will likely CAVOLO this il capitano)
- il capitano executes the town's vote despite not agreeing with it themselves.
- il capitano is unsure and does not execute, but leaves town no time to replace them (no lynch)

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
That is enough votes! Role PM's will be sent soon, and the game shall begin 6am Veneto time!

Good luck everyone!

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

DOWNLOADING SETTING

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

UPLOADING CHARACTERS

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole