Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Runaktla posted:

Movie report... spoilers... marking all lols... About 45 minutes into it...

- hah everybody wants him gone they don't wanna be upstaged

- hah she's after Dave the other guy in the hazmat suit... and he's friendly to the guy he's cucked

- haha the swear box

- lol the backwoods policewoman is a slut

- hah the fat guy with buck teeth is annoying him

- lol he thought they actually had a problem but it's just a guy pretending to be a statue

- ok now an actual justifiable lol the guy uses his officers notebook to make a cartoon of a guy blowing off another guy's head.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm almost halfway through and I feel I will be hated by CCKeane in the near future.

*readies quill and stares*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm sick still so my weekend consisted of staying in my apartment and alternating between internet, minecraft, catching up on TV shows, taking mucinex and other over the counter medications.

I also played Pathfinder over skype last night with my Florida friends.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Runaktla posted:

Movie report... spoilers... marking all lols... About 45 minutes into it...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm almost halfway through and I feel I will be hated by CCKeane in the near future.

I think he will hate you more than me. I think its funny, just not as funny as Shaun of the Dead.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hot Fuzz's last 20 or whatever minutes is like one of the most satisfying cinematic moments ever made

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think he will hate you more than me. I think its funny, just not as funny as Shaun of the Dead.

I think it depends on what genre you're into more, and thus the subversion of it.

Spaced is a masterpiece however for everyone

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm listening to an old El-P record and playing Euro Truck Simulator.

What the gently caress is wrong with my life.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Not enough Hot Fuzz, I wager.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

fiery_valkyrie posted:

*erases name from book of the dead, writes it into "The Book of the won't offer the good whiskey to unless they find it and ask and aren't deterred by the pause and being like 'well I was saving that, ya know"*

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Amoeba102 posted:

Not enough Hot Fuzz, I wager.

Nah, I've seen the whole Cornetto Trilogy. Hell, I was trying to get people to watch my bootleg Spaced DVDs in like 2004. I'm solid on Wright/Pegg/Frost.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

You've misunderstood me again Allen. THe problem is you aren't watching it now.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Ok part two of the CCKeane is probably going to loathe mr report on Hot Fuzz (all lols mentioned):

- hey who knows maybe this is gonna get good maybe fat guy is teaching main protagonist to be lazy.

- oh nope didn't work.

- oh lol fat guy says he doesn't watch too many movies

- general depression at departments incompetence/hurdles he faces

- lol he guessed the dumb big guys "narp"

- lol they killed the bad actors cause they were bad actors and nothing else, and the reporter cause he made tons of errors

- ok lol he drop kicked the old lady in the face verifiable lol now I think I'm getting why you like this

- ok lol I think I'm liking this now

- lol fat guy said motherfucker

- ok so cheeky shoot out neat kinda funny

Okay so finished it...

It started off slowly sorta building as a semi-comedy semi-action movie. It half assed both for quite a while with regular dry humo(u)r, the end clearly redeemed it as both a comedy and action movie with the twist where all the old folks were carrying rifles and poo poo doing a shoot out in ok corral, was great in concept coulda been more drop kicking old ladies in the face and other horrible stuff but man the jokes were still kinda predictable. I mean who didn't see the priest pulling a bluff? How many times has that happened like 50?

On a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 meaning CCKeane will let me marry his daughter and order her to give me BJs on a no less than weekly basis just prior to the wedding, and 1 meaning he will track me down, drag me out of my house, curb stomp me and then water board me with semen before selling me as a sex slave to a gay luxury yacht owning Saudi oil tycoon to fulfill him and his secretly gay male children's sexual desires until I die and paying a gypsy/medium to arrange for me to be haunted me in the afterlife... I give it a 4.2

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

This game, I swear. Now I'm getting paid to drive a giant metal dong to Calais.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Let's ban runaktla from Mafia, all in favour?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
like he wasn't already??

speaking of blacklists, people should sign up for my game!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734881

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

That got uncomfortable

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
No it didn't.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I'm colorful and I use colorful language.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Runa, when you post stuff like that it offends me and makes me uncomfortable. I understand it is meant as humor and not seriously at all, but I would really appreciate it if you could avoid saying stuff like that, at least in this thread. Thank you, and I hope you can understand and respect that.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Got it. If it's any consolation (prob not) I am not homophobic at all, friends with a few gay ppl, I just use the concept of a gay guy and me not being that being anti what I would want.

I'm just not PC in the slightest.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Oh I didn't even read that far, my eyes glazed over after it was obvious he has bad opinions about a legit great movie.

Noice.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The movie is ok.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hot Fuzz is one of the best movies of the 2thousands imo

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

When it hits it's incredible but there's a lot of fat to it

The climax is fantastic

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i don't want to upset anyone but I don't care about anyones movie opinions apart from my own

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Hot Fuzz is great but I can definitely see how people could find it cliche.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If true that's rad bow

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I don't think Dr Strangelove is funny ugh its just so cliché of the cold war mentality they should have made it so like Japanese animes dropped the bombs then set up a new glorious world order instead

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Wright/Pegg v Stanley Kubrick

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

If true that's rad bow
well yeah but I will counter what I said to exclude academic works about movies/tv because they are not just *~opinions~*

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What if I have a degree :devil:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Runaktla posted:

Got it. If it's any consolation (prob not) I am not homophobic at all, friends with a few gay ppl, I just use the concept of a gay guy and me not being that being anti what I would want.

I'm just not PC in the slightest.

Well idk if this helps but I suppose I found the use of sexual violence/assault as punishment to be the bigger issue there. Don't get me wrong it was offensive in other ways too, but you know. It was a heavy hitter in the uncomfortable department.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

As a survivor of sexual violence and assault I wasn't really perturbed but I suppose it's no surprise there are different levels of sensitivity here

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm not say he's going to give people like PSTD flashbacks or something I'm just saying the reason why people here would be uncomfortable with "makes me a sex slave to a gay saudi guy and his gay sons" isn't just because the guy is gay.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I dig, and I meant more to imply people were soft af

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Are you guys digging up or down? It's hard to tell.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Dig up, stupid!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Haha every time there's a terrible conversation there's one more person involved. Our own bizarro hot fuzz.

Hey runa I just wanted to get this out of the way so it doesn't come out later and ruin a game: gently caress you in general. :D

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
This thread. . .

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Here, I'm going to post something that'll really offend Taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

21 Interesting Words From David Foster Wallace's Vocabulary List

quote:

David Foster Wallace could make anything fascinating—professional tennis, talk radio, even MFA writing programs. His fast-paced, conversational style sucked readers in before they even noticed all the labor beneath the surface, all the precision, all the connections made between seemingly disparate ideas. The friction between that anxious effort and the joy of pinning down the intangible is what gives Foster Wallace’s prose its brilliance. He wanted to say it right, to find exactly the right word. So he was always on the lookout for new words, which he kept in a growing file on his computer. Here are a 21 items from that list, along with his own notes: