Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kamoc
Oct 8, 2003

You cannot eat a purse.
:siren: Last Update: Let's Watch Dead Space Comics :siren:
Follow me on Twitter for updates.

Geop posted:

Hello! I have a surprise; we uploaded the top two images in the poll:

To add these, when going through title-change, just put img tags around the path. So, for example, mine is:

Hey. What’s up? Been a long time. How’ve you been? Oh, that’s nice. Do you still like video games?

Dead Space is a survival horror series in the same vein as... Resident Evil…

Hm. Deja vu. Weird.

Oh right, maybe that’s because I already tried doing this LP before with collaborative subtitles? And the process behind those videos broke my back into several pieces that required Space Magic™ to put back together? Yeah, about that. This is going to be a straight-forward voiced LP of the Dead Space games, with co-commentators VoidBurger, Geop, and KC Green. So just sit back, order a venti Starbucks drink, relax, and let’s play some DuctTales. Oh, and no spoilers!

Let’s Play Dead Space - Part 1 - Alone in the Clarke
Let’s Play Dead Space - Part 2 - Garth Marenghi's Clarkeplace
Let’s Play Dead Space - Part 3 - Clarkley: Shut Up and Tram
Let’s Play Dead Space - Part 4 - Necro Morphin' Power Dangers
Let’s Play Dead Space - Part 5 - I Have No Spouse and I Must Beam
Let’s Play Dead Space - Part 6 - 2001: A Space Botany
Let’s Play Dead Space - Part 7 - Star Dreck: Deep Space Mine
Let’s Play Dead Space - Part 8 - Space Ship to the Danger Zone
Let’s Play Dead Space - Part 9 - Hammond Hears a Boo
Let’s Play Dead Space - Part 10 - No Rules Say the Necromorph Can’t Play Z-Ball
Let’s Play Dead Space - Part 11 - Permanent Markers and Growing Pengs
Let’s Play Dead Space - Part 12 - Vent Horizon

Let's Watch Dead Space: Downfall

Let's Watch Dead Space Comics

Art by SuperGraffiti

Kamoc fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamoc
Oct 8, 2003

You cannot eat a purse.

"[b posted:

drowZebra[/b] on Twitter"]
https://twitter.com/drowZebra/status/630891667944554496

drowZebra posted:

For the person who voted for the Plasma Cutter, even though I think it has no chance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62G0RrkVnLs

Anoia posted:

Since somebody already drew a nekomorph, I drew you a bootleg Pusheen.

Necrosheen? Pushmorph?

Yako posted:

Just caught up on the LP. I've been enjoying it a lot so far, but I found last episode particularly inspirational.

ThatPazuzu posted:

I made a thing. (I admit I am kinda ripping off another video I've done before but whatever)

NostalgiaGoggles posted:

I'm really enjoying this lp! Please accept these Isaacs in my gratitude.

tlarn posted:

Isaac finding the BeachBod Suit.

SuperGraffiti posted:

Hello! Please allow me to share a higher res version of the image used in this update's Youtube thumbnail, as it is probably my favourite thing Bob has asked me to draw in all the time he's been asking me to draw things:

Ruho posted:

Super long time lurker, but just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the sweet rear end skateboard shredding and end the sick combo right where Isaac belongs - in a trash.
Also I did this thing on twitter - oh god I hope I'm not loving up this post oh man:

Ruho posted:

Can there be enough Peng?

Ruho posted:

Oh yeah, also my hand slipped. I'm very sorry.

Ruho posted:

So I took this absolutely amazing MGSV fanart and totally ripped it to make vastly inferior version just for this horrible request. I hope you're proud of yourself.

DialTheDude posted:

Here's something I quickly threw together for Kamoc's favorite poster this episode

Ruho posted:

Here's some absolute loving fanship spaceship garbage because why the gently caress not

Kamoc fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 22, 2016

Kamoc
Oct 8, 2003

You cannot eat a purse.
:siren: Episode 1 is up! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f6zuN8hkwA

After you watch, let's figure out what weapons we want to use for the next episode. We've got:
Plasma Cutter
Line Gun
Pulse Rifle
Fisticuffs

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

I haven't watched it yet I just wanted to post to tell you how much I appreciate the part of the title where you wrote "[REDUCTS]". It's really funny and I like it ok thank you bye

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Is it illegal for co-commentators to vote? If not, I like the Line Gun cause I found it satisfying when I used it right!

You and your tasteful dropshadows on the OP pictures! *does that finger-kiss that chefs do when something is good*

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Nice to see this back. Seconding the appreciation for the pun. I imagine Geop nodded approovingly.

Kamoc
Oct 8, 2003

You cannot eat a purse.

VoidBurger posted:

Is it illegal for co-commentators to vote? If not, I like the Line Gun cause I found it satisfying when I used it right!

Nahhh, y'all can vote too!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I am all for things being made with efforts less than spine shattering amounts of work so sign me up for this. Plus, Dead Space being done with a full JRPG party should make for some good listenin'

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Monsters are a lot less threatening when you can just knock them the gently caress out, so let's go with fisticuffs.

Apparently you can tell the level of Isaac's rig by the visor but the method I use is "how many ribs does his suit have?" The ribbier, the better.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I'm gonna vote for Linegun but also request using Fisticuffs when you're going to drop healing items anyways(or not.):3:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
The Necromorphs die when two of their limbs get dismembered because, at that point, they just give up and say "gently caress it, life ain't worth reliving with only two murder-appendages".

sagacious
Oct 29, 2012
Your original idea was really fun. But This should also be good with the commentating group you have now. Can't wait for the rest of the episodes. Also my vote goes to fisticuffs

sagacious fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 10, 2015

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

I'm voting for the Linegun because it's way more interesting a weapon

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Line Gun. Javelins are cool and weapons that attach people to walls are also cool. [Which I hope this game lets you do.]

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I really like the effect of things you point out and mention coming up as little holograms. It's neato.

Eulisker
Sep 2, 2011

Great lp so far. I vote for line gun because I had the most fun with it while playing.

drowZebra
Jan 19, 2015

"Room full of zero G, I'mma dive"
My vote goes to Fisticuffs, but honestly anything other than the plasma cutter will be fun to watch, because I always felt I used the PC way too much, and it made things dull.

MGN001
May 12, 2012

I want to see Fisticuffs because I never did that when I played the game.

Also, I love the impossible triangle made by Isaac, [guard name goes here], and the tutorial hologram. How is he supposed to read the info when it stretches behind him like that?

MGN001 fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 11, 2015

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to be the odd one out here and say continue to use only the Plasma Cutter. Real engineers are measured by their use of the most basic job item. This is Isaac's chance to shine!

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Something weird I just noticed is that the bathroom stalls don't have doors, and the sinks/mirrors are opposite them. That must be some super-awkward bathroomin' :staredog:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Geop posted:

Something weird I just noticed is that the bathroom stalls don't have doors, and the sinks/mirrors are opposite them. That must be some super-awkward bathroomin' :staredog:

They have holographic doors.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

David D. Davidson posted:

They have holographic doors.

Necrodoors

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Fisticuffs. Show them Necromorphs who the boss is!

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
Is fisticuffs even viable to keep you alive in this game? I'm pretty sure if you try to go toe to toe with a necromorph you're asking to get your face eaten.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

ousire posted:

Is fisticuffs even viable to keep you alive in this game? I'm pretty sure if you try to go toe to toe with a necromorph you're asking to get your face eaten.

You can always stasis them for an easier time when smacking them around.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Fisticuffs because normal weapons are boring and I want to see Isaac smack the poo poo out of some 'morphs.

Test-0
Jul 15, 2006

It lives...
Monsters only understand one language and that language is FIST. Fisticuffs is the only option.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Pity vote for the Pulse Rifle

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Linegun is objectively the best gun to use for the next update.

Also you didn't, like, literally break your spine during the last LP, did you? :ohdear:

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Go Linegunners!

Nice to see this LP has returned from the dead in a hideous lovely new form.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Definitely has to be Fisticuffs, punching is always the way to go.

Kamoc
Oct 8, 2003

You cannot eat a purse.

Who What Now posted:

Also you didn't, like, literally break your spine during the last LP, did you? :ohdear:

Oh nah, I'm just being melodramatic, no worries! Current tally for votes:

Fisticuffs: 9
Line Gun: 7
Plasma Cutter: 1
Pulse Rifle: 1

Voting ends tonight! So far it looks like Isaac's gonna be all :arghfist::mad::arghfist:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Linnnnneeeegun!

The Space Shotgun for discerning mineral cutters.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I vote Fisticuffs, because I think it's kinda viable for some of the first area.

Kamoc
Oct 8, 2003

You cannot eat a purse.
By the way, here's a 1080p version of that weird screen with Isaac's face in it:

And here's just his head as a transparent .png if you feel the need to do anything with it:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

If we can't have stompyfoot then it shall be fisticuffs.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

drowZebra
Jan 19, 2015

"Room full of zero G, I'mma dive"
For the person who voted for the Plasma Cutter, even though I think it has no chance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62G0RrkVnLs

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Ohboyohboyohboyohboy I thought this was abandoned-

Oh. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Okay, I've had my full round of pun shots, and I'm voting fisticuffs.
MAKE WITH THE STOMPS!

• Locked thread