Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I think the regular 6 is a perfect size. There I said it. Maybe a bit overwhelming at first but a 5 is so tiny in my hands now

:q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:chloe:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

:dogge:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I went from a 4 to a 5s. That was a big upgrade. Well, I went from a 4 to a nokie lumia something when windows phone first came out. I liked it enough at first but had enough bullshit to it that I sold it and went back to my 4. Then one day I got covered in cat piss and just threw all my clothes in the wash not remembering my phone was in the pocket. I wanted to get a poo poo burner phone until I could get a subsidized phone with contract but they all sucked so I just bought my 5s outright.

Little known fact: when you buy your phone outright instead of doing a contract ATT will add an upgrade fee to every bill to the tune of :10bux:. They pulled that poo poo when we bought my wife's 6+, too. I was mad for all of two seconds then I remembered I'm not poor and can just throw money away and not give a poo poo.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Guys I want to upgrade my 4S to a 6 but I have an unlimited data plan, I don't want to spend $9,985,444 to get an unlocked or pay retail price, nor do I want to give up my plan that i've been happily married to for like 6 years. :(

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

You don't use as much data as you think you do. Especially if you have Wi-Fi at home.

Don't be afraid, let it go.

Phone companies are creeping back towards functionally unlimited data anyways.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

MurderBot posted:

Guys I want to upgrade my 4S to a 6 but I have an unlimited data plan, I don't want to spend $9,985,444 to get an unlocked or pay retail price, nor do I want to give up my plan that i've been happily married to for like 6 years. :(

What provider? I upgraded from the 5 to the 6 a few months ago and was able to keep by ATT unlimited data plan. I just went to the local ATT store and asked the guy if it was possible to do a new 2 year contract and keep the old plan. As long as you don't make any changes to your plan (new lines, more minutes, etc), you can keep the old unlimited data plan.

I'm actually thinking of ditching it, because they throttle your speeds above 5GB used in a month. I've got a real job now, and can afford a couple extra bucks for the few times a year I break 5 gigs. But that just seems like letting them win.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

MurderBot posted:

I had unlimited and looked at my usage when upgrading. Combined my wife and I use 1.5 GB a month. We "downgraded" to 10 GB/month and save 20 or so dollars per bill, which is canceled out by the upgrade fee I mentioned earlier but whatevs

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I end up hitting some pre-defined limit because they throttle my internet, or at least threaten to when I am near that number. It only happens maybe once every 2-3 months, and I don't connect to any wifi whatsoever... Maybe I can justify getting off this plan and hanging out with the big boy iphone users.

Thanks guys :fella:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Snapchat me at CisVetRomney2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MurderBot posted:

I end up hitting some pre-defined limit because they throttle my internet, or at least threaten to when I am near that number. It only happens maybe once every 2-3 months, and I don't connect to any wifi whatsoever... Maybe I can justify getting off this plan and hanging out with the big boy iphone users.

Thanks guys :fella:

You can see how much data you're using on either the at&t app or on their website. They'll have month by month usage. If you're using <6 most months, dropping unlimited isn't going to hurt you at all.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The only really heavy data usage I've ever seen on an iPhone is my roommate who plays those god drat freemium games that are full of loving ads. Those things chew up gigs a month.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I need to see how much my medical apps take up, they are huge resource guides that I'm assuming are downloaded upon command of whatever I'm looking at, plus the search features that'll load up tons of pages of info/pictures etc. Probably not enough that I go over 10 gigs a month, but I also stream netflix on it sometimes when I get stuck at an FBO for 5 hours waiting for weather to clear up or whatever the hold up is.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Like I said, the at&t app and their website will show your data usage per line.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

MurderBot posted:

I need to see how much my medical apps take up, they are huge resource guides that I'm assuming are downloaded upon command of whatever I'm looking at, plus the search features that'll load up tons of pages of info/pictures etc. Probably not enough that I go over 10 gigs a month, but I also stream netflix on it sometimes when I get stuck at an FBO for 5 hours waiting for weather to clear up or whatever the hold up is.

When I decided to cut my unlimited Verizon plan loose, I averaged the amount of data I used in 3 months and got a plan that covered that amount.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

the thing i use data the most for (playing music in my car) is all free data since T-mobile doesnt charge for music apps

so i end up using like 1gb a month

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
T-Mobile owns for that. If Spotify cost me data, I'd go over regularly.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

:chloe:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

they're trying v. hard these days

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

they're trying v. hard these days

I don't doubt it, I guess I'm just biased because the only non-poo poo provider where I live is Verizon.

I'm just glad that the phone companies are competing again.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm just glad that the phone companies are competing again.

well, until Comcast buys out T-Mobile that is

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You don't use as much data as you think you do. Especially if you have Wi-Fi at home.

Don't be afraid, let it go.

Phone companies are creeping back towards functionally unlimited data anyways.

I blow through about 300gigs a month because I use my phones wireless hotspot as my home internet. 80 bucks for unlimited everything and an internet connection I can take with me through verizon. I like it a lot.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
T-mobile is better than they used to be.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

T-mobile is better than they used to be.

Miles better. Like I had them realize my bill had been like $40 over what it should have been for almost two years and just credit it back tot he account, it was nice having 5 months of free phone service

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

new slayer album cover is metal as gently caress :black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0gVs_UcxKY

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Went with a T-Mobile family plan as my first option with 4 spanish chicks when I first came to Az, had to dump it when they all left after a semester, but the dude suggested a prepaid 40 Dollar monthly deal with 1GB of data or 50 with 2.5, so I just went with that instead of going around a lot and comparing. The majority of the students I've run into have plans between 50 and 90 dollars which is waaay to loving high for my taste, so I'm thinking they're either dumb or every single other company has platinum loving coverage or something.
Haven't had any complaints about the T-Mobile coverage so far, though.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Went with a T-Mobile family plan as my first option with 4 spanish chicks when I first came to Az, had to dump it when they all left after a semester, but the dude suggested a prepaid 40 Dollar monthly deal with 1GB of data or 50 with 2.5, so I just went with that instead of going around a lot and comparing. The majority of the students I've run into have plans between 50 and 90 dollars which is waaay to loving high for my taste, so I'm thinking they're either dumb or every single other company has platinum loving coverage or something.
Haven't had any complaints about the T-Mobile coverage so far, though.

$50-$90 especially with unlimited calling/texting is pretty much right where all the major companies are.

I have unlimited everything with no throttling on an iPhone 6+ and would be at $80 if it wasn't for the loving ridiculous taxes the state, county and city (which.. How the gently caress can the city tax my loving phone bill?) levy on it.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I went from Verizon to T-Mo six months ago and so far so good. Granted I live in a major metropolitan area so service isn't an issue.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I worked call support for Verizon for a bit, had some lady screaming her head off at me because she was getting charged 5¢ for city tax and wanted me to remove it. I can't remove taxes you dumb bitch.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Mike-o posted:

I worked call support for Verizon for a bit, had some lady screaming her head off at me because she was getting charged 5¢ for city tax and wanted me to remove it. I can't remove taxes you dumb bitch.

Wait.. She called to bitch about 5 loving cents?

First off, if my city charged $.05 for a cell tax I would be doing back flips. Its like :10bux: here. Second, its 5 loving cents in taxes. You dont..

You know what. I can't even keep going. It makes me that loving angry people throw poo poo fits at some guy on the god drat support line over poo poo like this.

THey are keeping people with real problems on hold because they are loving retarded. This is why the Final Solution wasn't entirely a bad idea. Yea, there was no reason to gas Jews, but the mentally handicap like this dumb bitch? Gonna say I can't muster up much outrage.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

The stereotype for sidekick owners is black people, dude.

The only people I knew who had them were scene/emo kids.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Mike-o posted:

Perhaps if Verizon could differentiate between living a city and living in a zip code that happens to have a city in it (that you don't live in)
(But bitching about it to no effect isn't worth $1.25 a month)

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
That's essentially what she was bitching about, she lived just outside her city limits (buttfuck nowhere flyover state "city") but was getting the city tax. Cue wasting my time and her own to bitch about it for 20 loving minutes. I could have been helping nice old grandmas figure out how to use their iPhones to call their grandkids instead of playing verbal judo with this idiot.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

T-Mobile with unlimited data costs me half of what Verizon with 4 GB or something would so I'm pretty happy. I don't travel much for work anymore so it doesn't bug me that the service is poor in out-of-the-way areas, and even so I still got 4G along the highway between Moriarty, Roswell and Carlsbad the other month (basically in the middle of the desert).

Even though I don't typically use more than 1-2GB a month the peace of mind is so worth the cost.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Kinda want the europe system. I like the idea of just buying a sim and it has a set amount of data/phone number associated with it. Might make random grindrtindr hookups easier

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
Drunk thread desperately needs more rear end.

:nws:From here on:nws:
http://i.imgur.com/AjqKNdP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zos8Yb7.gifv (N4I might enjoy some of this)
http://i.imgur.com/xPRffM6.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/deRLaHg.gifv

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbQdUJILSPI

Mike Bishop from Gwar did a Ted Talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Is there any good way to save .gifv to iOS? Those are some very good buttes.

• Locked thread