Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSj-KEWw6A0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sasha continues to own.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sasha continues to own.

They should just point her at the titans and convince her their steaks. She'd eat them all, no problem.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sasha continues to own.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

After all these years Sasha still best character by a mile.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Holy poo poo this manga is 6 years old?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Toshimo posted:

Holy poo poo this manga is 6 years old?

YEP.

Still at least issues are on time, unlike say berserk :(

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Evil Canadian posted:

YEP.

Still at least issues are on time, unlike say berserk :(

To be fair, Berserk kept a fairly consistent release schedule far past the 6 year mark. Now that we're closing in on the 25 year mark though...

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Foreshadow that Sasha will become a titan?

Also who is going to die? My guess is Aramin

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006
Am I supposed to know who those two characters on the last page are?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Yes.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Piriwi posted:

Am I supposed to know who those two characters on the last page are?

Bert and Reiner. You know. The Colossal and Armored Titan.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Another chapter without Annie. We're lacking that essential badass factor.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The drawing in this chapter was a bit off. More than usual I mean. Some of the faces in the secondary characters were...

The funniest moment was Eren and Jean fighting while wishing secretly for someone to stop them already.

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006

Terper posted:

Bert and Reiner. You know. The Colossal and Armored Titan.

I guess Bertold has been taking steroid injections?

Maybe time to reread some chapters though, I suppose it makes sense from the content of the chapter in any case.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Piriwi posted:

I guess Bertold has been taking steroid injections?

Maybe time to reread some chapters though, I suppose it makes sense from the content of the chapter in any case.

That last page brought up something I have always wondered...why don't they just travel on top of the wall? Sure sometimes they out out on scouting missions past the wall...but when they are going to look to fix the wall, why are they on horse back running on the ground? Why not just use the top of the wall to travel like those two were? They had a tent setup there and everything.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

badjohny posted:

That last page brought up something I have always wondered...why don't they just travel on top of the wall? Sure sometimes they out out on scouting missions past the wall...but when they are going to look to fix the wall, why are they on horse back running on the ground? Why not just use the top of the wall to travel like those two were? They had a tent setup there and everything.

Please show me on a map where wall rose and wall maria connect. Also it's a pain in the rear end to get hoists to lift horses and supplies to the top.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

badjohny posted:

The walls (plural) are concentric circles.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

The walls (plural) are concentric circles.

It has been a while since I read the early issues. I thought the titans broke through the outcropping city(small U shaped wall attached to the main wall) then broke into the main wall. I guess I need to reread it all.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

badjohny posted:

It has been a while since I read the early issues. I thought the titans broke through the outcropping city(small U shaped wall attached to the main wall) then broke into the main wall. I guess I need to reread it all.

The outerwall was breached (through Eren's outcrop hometown) The rest of humanity is holed up behind the 2nd wall.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

badjohny posted:

First they broke into one of the outlier cities and then the third wall proper. Later they broke into one of the second wall outlier cities but didn't get to break the second wall because :ssj:.

The problem here is that the walls aren't connected to each other because whoever built these walls didn't really think things through.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah I thought a lot of problems they had would have been solved had the Walls been build with lines dividing the outer walls into sections. With more Gate towns in the middle of those areas.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah I thought a lot of problems they had would have been solved had the Walls been build with lines dividing the outer walls into sections. With more Gate towns in the middle of those areas.

I think this will be explained away eventually when we discover something like:

A. They were constructed super quickly, OR
B. They're just giant rings intentionally because keeping the titans out wasn't their main purpose.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Human society in Atack on Titan has a lot of problems, but "needs more walls" isn't one of them.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Maybe dividing the space inside the walls into sections with dividing walls would harm the migration of flora and fauna too much, not giving them enough space to live and breed. Of course they could have just had giant bridges held up by enormous support pillars with plenty of space for things to pass between them.

Maybe they just didn't have enough Colossal Titan serum to make any more length of wall.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Maybe dividing the space inside the walls into sections with dividing walls would harm the migration of flora and fauna too much, not giving them enough space to live and breed. Of course they could have just had giant bridges held up by enormous support pillars with plenty of space for things to pass between them.

Or, you know, man sized passages in the walls.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

I don't think something like a bear would fit through that.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think they need bears but judging by the size of the titans we've seen I doubt even one of the smaller ones could squeeze through a horse sized passage so they could probably make them that big. Anyway, if we start digging holes :v: into the wall construction the whole setting falls apart.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

MeLKoR posted:

It's probably just a question of the titanshifters or the First King who was controlling them not having the fine-control of the wall-making process to make tiny passages for people, and if you don't know exactly where in the walls the titans are, you obviously don't want to go drilling inside it.

And anyway messing with the walls is highly loving illegal, as we learned from that anime eyecatch where an old man tried digging down to the base of a wall, and then one day he disappeared and the hole was filled in.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Should the walls also have a starbucks every 30 degrees? Show some gratitude the king built you humans any at all.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Kild posted:

The outerwall was breached (through Eren's outcrop hometown) The rest of humanity is holed up behind the 2nd wall.

I'm guessing it's just some artist being lazy and stealing from actual maps, or maybe I'm being a bit :tinfoil: here, but why are there lakes in the shape of Africa and Australia within the walls? In the second ring, sorta at 5 o'clock and 2 o'clock.

Edit: I'm not the only one that sees this, so not crazy at least, also I guess Greenland is in there in the third ring a bit near these two.

Found this:

VV Yeah, question is does this mean anything or is it just someone being lazy/funny while making up a map? Probably nothing in the long scheme of things, but who knows.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Aug 11, 2015

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
I see one shaped liked Greenland on the far right.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Brightman posted:

I'm guessing it's just some artist being lazy and stealing from actual maps, or maybe I'm being a bit :tinfoil: here, but why are there lakes in the shape of Africa and Australia within the walls? In the second ring, sorta at 5 o'clock and 2 o'clock.

What they find in the basement will reveal that their world is our world with the oceans turned into solid ground and vice-versa, and that those lakes are Australia, Africa and Greenland in their original size because the humans are actually titans and the titans are simply bigger titans which will lead Hange to the conclusion that the best way to defeat the titans is to have the titan form of a shifter shift again into an even bigger titan, but the enemy shifters figure that out as well and have Berthold shift into a Super Gigantic Colossal Titan (Level 3) and then the whole thing turns into Gurren Lagann with meat.

Also Armin falls into a catatonic depression because he will never see the ocean.

Lanz
May 30, 2013
Totally dumb idea that may be ill informed by me jumping on the manga relatively recently after seeing the show's first season [and skimming a few summaries of events in-between]:

Considering
- The Corps know about Titan shifters
- They know that they're up against shifters
- Have a shifter among their ranks (Eren)

Would it make sense for the Survey Corps to, say, commission some giant-rear end weapons for Eren to use in Titan form so he's not just going hand-to-hand against them?

EDIT: First issues that comes to mind though as a problem with them are A) Resources to make even something relatively small like a Titan-sized dagger and B) transporting the things around.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
That and titan Eren should be fighting by grabbing, clawing, and trying to chew out the nape of the neck of his opponents. Wouldn't hurt to grab a big rear end tree or rock, though.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Just inject some titan serum into a dagger.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Lanz posted:

Totally dumb idea that may be ill informed by me jumping on the manga relatively recently after seeing the show's first season [and skimming a few summaries of events in-between]:

Considering
- The Corps know about Titan shifters
- They know that they're up against shifters
- Have a shifter among their ranks (Eren)

Would it make sense for the Survey Corps to, say, commission some giant-rear end weapons for Eren to use in Titan form so he's not just going hand-to-hand against them?

EDIT: First issues that comes to mind though as a problem with them are A) Resources to make even something relatively small like a Titan-sized dagger and B) transporting the things around.
Now that he understands hardening, this may not be necessary - he can just spontaneously form brass knuckles on his hands or build a spear from his, uh, titan-silk.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Kild posted:

Just inject some titan serum into a dagger bow and arrow.

Lanz
May 30, 2013

Squidster posted:

Now that he understands hardening, this may not be necessary - he can just spontaneously form brass knuckles on his hands or build a spear from his, uh, titan-silk.

huh, I forgot that the hardening/Silk stuff was versitile enough to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
A handgun big enough for the colossal titan that uses normal titans instead of bullets.