Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Blindspot looks like it's going to be amnesia-cliche-o-rama, but I'm going to give it at least a few episodes to see if it finds its feet.

Lucifer looks like one hell of a lot of fun, even if it's shaping up to be just a weird supernatural version of Castle.

I may hatewatch Minority Report every week just to see that dopey as gently caress tech they insist on jamming into every goddamn frame. I'm not sure if the inflatable Skype doll or the SWAT team zipline rocket packs were my favorite in the pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

kazmeyer posted:

Lucifer looks like one hell of a lot of fun, even if it's shaping up to be just a weird supernatural version of Castle.

I'm hoping it's a cross between this and the Dresden Files TV show.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I love Lucifer just for how they've obviously re-shot scenes many times to get the take where Lucifer comes out as perfectly smug as possible.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lucifer is loving great, the main dude is the human :smuggo:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Minority Report is good. I did like that they dived right into the minority reports :v: aka how the precogs could've seen the wrong future and possibly innocent people were sent to prison.

lol Simpsons 75th season.

So far I'd rank the pilots Minority Report, Lucifer, Supergirl then Blindspot.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Has no one watched Sneaky Pete or have I simply missed that it has its own thread?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Minority Report is good. I did like that they dived right into the minority reports :v: aka how the precogs could've seen the wrong future and possibly innocent people were sent to prison.

lol Simpsons 75th season.

So far I'd rank the pilots Minority Report, Lucifer, Supergirl then Blindspot.

Apparently another pop culture thing they did was rename the Washington Redskins.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Lucifer is good but I hope it doesn't become all case of the week and is more him just having a weird existence crisis while loving around with people.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Yeah I enjoyed Lucifer, but it's probably hard to write a mystery show with a character with that power.

It kinda reminds me of The Mentalist.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

pentyne posted:

I strongly prefer Minority Report if only because the male lead, "Dash" has such a weird awkward way about him that the actor nails that makes him 1000x times more interesting then previous "damaged" geniuses like Monk or Sherlock. The actor takes the incredible awkwardness his character has and manages to translate it into an actual physical expression with his jerky motions and staggered speech patterns. He reminds me of the guy from Alphas, the autistic EM field expert who's actor completely loving delivered.

God I miss Alphas. The fact that we're getting more Heroes (who wanted that?) and not more Alphas is downright tragic.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

survivor drama :allears:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

So I have a problem. The Grinder is the only new show that looks good. Not counting Legends of Tomorrow cause it is a spin off/sequel thing.

Am I crazy for thinking it looks pretty entertaining?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mentioned this in the chat thread but The Frankenstein Code had its name changed to Lookinglass.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mr Hootington posted:

So I have a problem. The Grinder is the only new show that looks good. Not counting Legends of Tomorrow cause it is a spin off/sequel thing.

Am I crazy for thinking it looks pretty entertaining?

It looks good. There's not much else I'm interested in.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Coach revival is already dead. They stopped production after just filming the first episode.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I like to imagine everyone had a sudden moment of clarity and just walked away.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

The Coach revival is already dead. They stopped production after just filming the first episode.

hahaha

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The episode must've been horrible if NBC canned it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

NBC says "creative differences" as well it "feeling dated."

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I just saw commercials for Legends, I was 100% sure this show had been cancelled. Guess Sean Bean isn't dead.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I now kinda hope that gets leaked. Just how bad does it have to be?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Dauber is like 70 years old now and you can't have Coach without Dauber. It was never going to happen. Nelson is ecstatic since he gets paid regardless.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Maxwell Lord posted:

I now kinda hope that gets leaked. Just how bad does it have to be?

It couldn't be any worse then the crazy Vampire Egypt show Fox did last year (which I don't think leaked)

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

wormil posted:

Dauber is like 70 years old now and you can't have Coach without Dauber. It was never going to happen. Nelson is ecstatic since he gets paid regardless.

Dauber's 57, was just on How I Met Your Mother a couple of years ago as Marshall's dad, and voices Patrick on Sponge Bob.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

thrawn527 posted:

Dauber's 57, was just on How I Met Your Mother a couple of years ago as Marshall's dad, and voices Patrick on Sponge Bob.

Yes, I know he isn't 70 years old but Nelson is. It was just my way of saying that another series of Coach was a bad idea. Most of the time when a show ends it should stay ended.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Xoidanor posted:

Has no one watched Sneaky Pete or have I simply missed that it has its own thread?

I watched this and thought it was actually quite good. A bit predictable, but for a pilot it had charm. Last time I checked there was no pickup news yet. Also: this is network TV so it's not the right thread. It'd be kinda awesome if there was an Amazon/Netflix/Other thread. (I think YouTube is about to announce something in this market?) We've gotten to the point where there's actually a pretty significant amount of real, quality online TV.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

XboxPants posted:

It'd be kinda awesome if there was an Amazon/Netflix/Other thread. (I think YouTube is about to announce something in this market?) We've gotten to the point where there's actually a pretty significant amount of real, quality online TV.

All of the Amazon/Netflix shows already have their own threads.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

less laughter posted:

All of the Amazon/Netflix shows already have their own threads.

I don't believe this is true. I mean, I haven't gone looking but just glancing at the index, there are shows missing. Granted, those shows probably don't deserve threads (Between) but that would be the point of a catch all thread.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
There is a catch-all streaming thread in CD, at least. Streaming series get brought up there when people want to recommend something.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

muscles like this? posted:

NBC says "creative differences" as well it "feeling dated."

And yet they still followed through with Heroes Reborn.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A superhero show is the opposite of dated.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yes, the word they're looking for there is 'oversaturated'.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Shows Starting this Week (Sept 21-27)

Monday, Sept 21

Tuesday, Sept 22

Wednesday, Sept 23

Thursday, Sept 24

Friday, Sept 25

Sunday, Sept 27
:siren: CSI Finale (movie)

(now Blood and Oil)

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 20, 2015

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

hollylolly posted:

Sunday, Sept 27

The Simpsons also starts on 9/27.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Mister Kingdom posted:

The Simpsons also starts on 9/27.

So it does, missed it on the list I was using. Thanks!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Man, we have all been really lazy about getting new threads going this year.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rarity posted:

Man, we have all been really lazy about getting new threads going this year.

More like realized that the discussions in them are uniformly of such poor quality that there is really nothing to gain in creating them.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I just figured that interest was dying in them

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Dibs on Limitless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Are there any unclaimed but bad shows that you goons will end up watching anyway?

• Locked thread