Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

redbackground posted:

The main villain of Agent Carter Season 2 has been revealed to be Madame Masque.

Oh that makes me really happy. I wonder if they'll have her just as Whitney Frost or as Giuletta Nefaria. I mean, the Maggia will probably appear in some MCU thing at some point, so yea. Hah, I bet Howard Stark totally sleeps with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No 40s Hollywood actress could keep the name Giuletta Nefaria.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
That could mean Silvermane on the Netflix series. Superpowered gangwar.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

That could mean Silvermane on the Netflix series. Superpowered gangwar.

I am not sure who owns him Marvel or Sony.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
He's fought DD and Punisher about as much or more than Spider-Man. I don't think he's really considered a Spider-Man villain like Hammerhead would be.

edit: Just looked him up. 42 appearances out of seventy six were in Spider books. I was wrong. Granted a lot of those were in Superior Foes which I never read.

edit2: and Hammerhead was in 62 Spider comics out of 126 appearances.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 7, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Silvermane is very unlikely to be used by Sony though so they could work something out if they really wanted to.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

Aphrodite posted:

Silvermane is very unlikely to be used by Sony though so they could work something out if they really wanted to.

Wasn't he the old retired boss Urich talks to or an I misremembering?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Magneto Rex posted:

Wasn't he the old retired boss Urich talks to or an I misremembering?

Yes, that was him, he was listed in the credits by name. Most people just missed it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They're just saving him up for the Superior Foes show they're going to do. Yeah, that's the ticket

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

They're just saving him up for the Superior Foes show they're going to do. Yeah, that's the ticket

Don't play with my heart like that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

No 40s Hollywood actress could keep the name Giuletta Nefaria.

Oh yea, I can see the story now. She moves to hollywood, changes her name. There she meets Howard Stark who uses her then dumps her. Around that time she gets into an accident that messes up her face. Falling back on her fathers villainy she becomes head of the Hollywood underworld.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Frank Castle:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well he looks like a kind and considerate man. Strange way to administrate the Heimlich maneuver, though...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Hahaha for a second there I thought that was Guillermo Díaz from Scandal.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Hakkesshu posted:

Frank Castle:

Disturbing lack of skull shirts in that picture.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

He won't get that until the second to last episode.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

It's casual Deathday

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Supergirl producers have said that there are no current plans for a crossover with the CW-verse characters but they aren't ruling it out altogether. For superheroes that will be making an appearance they specifically mentioned Red Tornado.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well the only way they could crossover is through multiverse antics since the pilot for Supergirl confirms it is set in its own universe.

And Red Tornado? Couldn't think of a more boring character than that?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Deadpool posted:

Well the only way they could crossover is through multiverse antics since the pilot for Supergirl confirms it is set in its own universe.

And Red Tornado? Couldn't think of a more boring character than that?

Especially since the likely thing is that with a TV budget it will just be a guy who is totally a robot underneath and maybe they give him a red costume at some point. I highly doubt they are going to try to do The Vision on a TV budget on CBS. Maybe if this were a CW show, but I wouldn't mind being surprised either.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

ToastyPotato posted:

Especially since the likely thing is that with a TV budget it will just be a guy who is totally a robot underneath and maybe they give him a red costume at some point. I highly doubt they are going to try to do The Vision on a TV budget on CBS. Maybe if this were a CW show, but I wouldn't mind being surprised either.

You're probably right, but would red face/body paint even be that expensive? Or maybe CG might even be cheaper these days?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

XboxPants posted:

You're probably right, but would red face/body paint even be that expensive? Or maybe CG might even be cheaper these days?

I would hope they wouldn't just paint someone's face red and call it a day. It would look laughable. I don't know what the cost of the CG would be, as that would fall under CG makeup, which I am not sure has made it into the realm of TV, though I admittedly don't watch very many TV shows with special effects and CG in them so maybe it is more common place recently. I mean, they could save budget for Tornado's episode, which would be smart, and make it look decent with CG work.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
So, apparently the Lucifer pilot 'leaked'.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

e X posted:

So, apparently the Lucifer pilot 'leaked'.

What a shocker that's never happened before so studios could gauge reactions and recast roles as needed.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, same as Supergirl it "leaked" in 1080p as well. Nothing leaks in 1080p unless it was deliberate.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Deadpool posted:

Yeah, same as Supergirl it "leaked" in 1080p as well. Nothing leaks in 1080p unless it was deliberate.

And if it did, it would probably have some kind of watermark or stamps/text on it, unless this is something they have stopped doing recently.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

muscles like this? posted:

Supergirl producers have said that there are no current plans for a crossover with the CW-verse characters but they aren't ruling it out altogether. For superheroes that will be making an appearance they specifically mentioned Red Tornado.

If they ever do a cross over, they should just do it as a multiverse story through Flash. That way you get the crossover, without the Superman thing now being introduced into the CW universe.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
DC won't let them say Red Tornado, so T.O. Morrow shows up and constantly refers to him as "my creation."

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
I look forward to Tasmanian Devil style legs on a live action TV series in Anno Domini 2016.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
America is ready for a red tornado.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Wind powers have got to be one of the easier ones to depict on a limited TV budget.

I hope he ends up as a love interest.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
So, I watched the Lucifer pilot, and wow. I mean, it was obvious from the trailer that it would have next to nothing in common with the comic, but I actually was somewhat intrigued by the premise, if simply because I have a weakness for characters who are vastly more powerful than everybody around them and are mostly around for their own amusement.

But nothing works in this trailer. The dialog is absolutely terrible, Lucifer's main character trait is that he wants to sleep with every woman he come across and he is overall way to concerned with humanity in general. The reason he starts to hang out with the police officers is apparently that he has a strong need to see evil deeds punished.

I still think the weird police procedural approach could have worked. Lucifer is big on keeping his word, so there would have been an easy way to explain why the evil himself hangs out with some police detective, but what they would have to keep absolutely is his general disinterest in human morality. It would have worked great in contrast with the usual 'police officer who cares to much', having a character that does not go on moralizing tirades about the good and evil tendencies of man. You can wring a shitton of great scenes out of that.

Also, the pilot lacked the sunset scene.

e X fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 11, 2015

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

e X posted:

So, I watched the Lucifer pilot, and wow. I mean, it was obvious from the trailer that it would have next to nothing in common with the comic, but I actually was somewhat intrigued by the premise, if simply because I have a weakness for characters who are vastly more powerful than everybody around them and are mostly around for their own amusement.

But nothing works in this trailer. The dialog is absolutely terrible, Lucifer's main character trait is that he wants to sleep with every woman he come across and he is overall way to concerned with humanity in general. The reason he starts to hang out with the police officers is apparently that he has a strong need to see evil deeds punished.

I still think the weird police procedural approach could have worked. Lucifer is big on keeping his word, so there would have been an easy way to explain why the evil himself hangs out with some police detective, but what they would have to keep absolutely is his general disinterest in human morality. It would have worked great in contrast with the usual 'police officer who cares to much', having a character that does not go on moralizing tirades about the good and evil tendencies of man. You can wring a shitton of great scenes out of that.

Also, the pilot lacked the sunset scene.

I liked it. I am looking forward to the devil and 7 year old girl buddy cop series.

EDIT: I mean, I get what you're saying but I've always found enjoying things for what they are to be more enjoyable than wondering what could have been.

MrFlibble fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Aug 11, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Now maybe everyone will stfu about Booster Gold.

quote:

Booster Gold won't appear in season one.

In comic book lore, DC fan favorite Booster Gold is Rip Hunter’s father. Booster is one of two notable characters from the 25th century, the other being Eobard Thawne (Tom Cavanagh) aka the Reverse-Flash. “I wish I could tease a Booster thing but, you might have to wait a good long while at least on our show,” said Klemmer. “Perhaps Booster is being groomed for bigger things." Could that mean he's being saved for a DC/Warner Bros. movie?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Has Skeet been ruled out?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also, where my Amell on RAW gifs at?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They'll show up here sooner or later.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

zoux posted:

Also, where my Amell on RAW gifs at?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz1KXqGbW6s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApAT848X9L4

Amell moves really really loving well. The way he jumped the barricade and into the ring was really really good.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Having Cody job to a TV star at Summerslam is still not even close to the least dignified thing Vince has made a Rhodes do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Endless Mike posted:

Having Cody job to a TV star at Summerslam is still not even close to the least dignified thing Vince has made a Rhodes do.

Cody is playing a heel, that's what heels usually do in big feud blow off matches that titles aren't involved, or that isn't being used as a pump up feud to get a heel prepared to be fed to Cena a top of the card face.

Cody wanted to continue to do this feud. If you really think after his father died that Cody couldn't have put a hold on this feud or stopped it completely then lol.

Should probably read this article.

http://www.beingbrandirunnels.com/?p=120