Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I know.

It's more a joke that Vince has spent the careers of two generations of wrestlers degrading them because the oldest dared to have a successful rival promotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Endless Mike posted:

I know.

It's more a joke that Vince has spent the careers of two generations of wrestlers degrading them because the oldest dared to have a successful rival promotion.

Fair enough, I've just seen enough people who have legit been angry that he's still doing the Stardust character, and continuing the feud.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Ollie: The Early Years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cs7Bki1k2o

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was about to wonder why I didn't know that Green Arrow was Dean the Rapist, but he's not. Dean the Rapist became Stryker.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

e X posted:

what they would have to keep absolutely is his general disinterest in human morality. It would have worked great in contrast with the usual 'police officer who cares to much', having a character that does not go on moralizing tirades about the good and evil tendencies of man. You can wring a shitton of great scenes out of that.

What you want to watch is the IFC miniseries, "Bullet in the Face". The bad side of the buddy cop team is only technically not Satan, and it has Eddie Izzard as a crime-lord.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Having Cody job to a TV star at Summerslam is still not even close to the least dignified thing Vince has made a Rhodes do.

Good. Cody's dad is still more charismatic than he is.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

To be fair Cody's dad was more charismatic than 90% of all wrestlers.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Aphrodite posted:

No loving poo poo. Dusty was one of the most charismatic wrestlers of all loving time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I realize Amell was on wrestling but don't turn this into a wrestling thread. Most people don't give a poo poo about wrestling.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Where do we talk about WWE comic books?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Deadpool posted:

I realize Amell was on wrestling but don't turn this into a wrestling thread. Most people don't give a poo poo about wrestling.

Poor Gavok :saddowns:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Licensed comics thread!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

Hopefully not in public.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dexo posted:

Amell moves really really loving well. The way he jumped the barricade and into the ring was really really good.

He's posted videos of the type of training he does for Arrow and it can involve a pretty elaborate parkour course.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I watched the Lucifer pilot and thought it was ok, which is coming from someone who has no knowledge of any of the source material and thought the trailer for the show looked really bad.

The main character is kind of grating (mostly by design) but there were a few legitimately funny lines/moments. My main issue with him is that they don't seem to be sure if they really want to lean into the devil thing or if they just want him to be a smartass, which was kind of my main problem with the pilot in general. For a character who is The Literal Devil and made a crack about how he can't actually read minds because he's not a Jedi, the guy is certainly a lot like every other Sherlock Holmes-esque ~quirky partner~ in the dozen other buddy cop shows.

Like I said I'm not familiar with the source stuff so I'm assuming there's something there they can use to make it interesting, but the whole show is like a small hop away from just being a cliche procedural, down to the female lead having a cop Dad and looking for redemption after she screwed up. It doesn't help that Castle, Sleepy Hollow, and Constantine are all recent shows that have a pretty similar formula. The pilot was interesting enough that I'll watch at least a few more episodes when the show comes out just to see what direction they're going in and to see if they start leaning into the devil stuff more, but I'm not really holding my breath.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dexo posted:

Fair enough, I've just seen enough people who have legit been angry that he's still doing the Stardust character, and continuing the feud.

Stardust is amazing and something Cody wanted to do for years.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Flash of Two Worlds

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
The Arrow/Constantine crossover is actually happening

Must be news dropping day for the CW shows...

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

GLOSS posted:

gently caress yes. Im hype.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

:aaa:

It's so simple, it's so obvious and I love everything about it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

GLOSS posted:

Holy poo poo.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

My only problem is Jay's lightning bolt should be filled in, but maybe they tried that and it didn't look right.

Love the swashbuckler gloves, though.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Matt Ryan back in the trench coat. I had little hope that the rumor was anything beyond wishful thinking, and this makes me happy beyond words. I was crushed when Constantine was canceled, mostly because Ryan is just so drat perfect. I'd be stoked if they could turn it into a recurring role, but I know that won't happen.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

They used the original costume! HOLY poo poo! That has me pumped already.

GLOSS posted:

YES! He was too good to go to waste.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

That's more emotional acting than Amell pulled off in the entirety of the last season of Arrow.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm here because your sister died, mate, and what came back ain't de same.

No it's OK she slept like eight hours and went back to normal.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

greatn posted:

Real question is would Constantine say this before or after banging Thea.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
TV Constantine only bangs chicks in the past. In the present he's all like "Trust me you don't want none of this, luv"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Constantine will come to Starling City to solve the magical mystery of why nobody outside of the protagonists seems to acknowledge Diggle. (I mean seriously I get that he has military training and all so you can bullshit away how he gets away from the cops but whenever the police are putting out APBs for "the vigilante" how does no one bring up this completely unmasked black gunman who tends to show up in all the same places at the same time)

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Aug 12, 2015

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

TwoPair posted:

Constantine will come to Starling City to solve the magical mystery of why nobody outside of the protagonists seems to acknowledge Diggle. (I mean seriously I get that he has military training and all so you can bullshit away how he gets away from the cops but whenever the police are putting out APBs for "the vigilante" how does no one bring up this completely unmasked black gunman who tends to show up in the all the same places at the same time)

Do you not know why the Arrow's costume is green? Have you ever read that Batman comic where he has to dress up in a differently colored Bat-costume every day?

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
In a surprise announcement Constantine will also be the primary antagonist for the 1st season of Lucifer.

Not really, but a boy can dream.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

greatn posted:

He's actually showing up to deal with the fallout of bringing Sara back from the dead.

quote:

Unlike Thea, who wasn’t fully dead, the consequences of using the pit on someone as dead as Sara was creates some unforeseen difficulties...and John Constantine is uniquely suited to help our team deal with those."

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Ah yes, the old "mostly dead /all dead" theory.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That works surprisingly well considering we know based on when stuff was announced that wasn't planned originally.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah I figured he would just come in for an episode to deal with a ghost or something as a goofy one-off. Having him actually be part of the plot that deals with the legends spin off is pretty neat.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I hope Ollie just goes "Oh, right, Sara's messed up cuz we used Malcolm's magic spa water... I know a guy". No flashback explanations, just "I totally know a scumbag English wizard."

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I hope Ollie just goes "Oh, right, Sara's messed up cuz we used Malcolm's magic spa water... I know a guy". No flashback explanations, just "I totally know a scumbag English wizard."

There will be no less than four episodes worth of flashbacks establishing how he knows Constantine..

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

MacheteZombie posted:

There will be no less than four episodes worth of flashbacks establishing how he knows Constantine..

Involving terrible wigs.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

They met at a I'm responsible for all my loved one Dying Anonymous meeting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Man I really wanted for Ollie to fight either Gentleman Ghost (bad guy to the Hawks) or Jason Blood as Etrigan. :(