Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i like how you say 'i might jog a bit every day' and runners go nuts telling you what shoes to buy and the best park to drive to and what lycra onesie you need and when you say 'no i mean i was just going to jog round the block a bit, not even change out of my jeans' they look all deflated and start going on about shin splints

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's an addiction problem. They are trying to get you hooked on it as well, like that guy you knew who just wanted someone to smoke crack with him.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

goatface posted:

It's an addiction problem. They are trying to get you hooked on it as well, like that guy you knew who just wanted someone to smoke crack with him.

Nah it's not like that at all, just try one run, just a short one and then you can never do it again.

Well just one more after that, you can't really tell until you've done it a few times of course ....

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i like how you say 'i might jog a bit every day' and runners go nuts telling you what shoes to buy and the best park to drive to and what lycra onesie you need and when you say 'no i mean i was just going to jog round the block a bit, not even change out of my jeans' they look all deflated and start going on about shin splints

my dream is to complete a park run with 99 other goons

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The Big Taff Man posted:

my dream is to complete a park run with 99 other goons

As far as I know Edinburgh is the fastest parkrun because it's also the easiest, even goons can do it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i got 99 problems but a parkrun aint one

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Kluliss posted:

As for secrets, he's a civil servant, he's not old enough to have a string of mistresses (or for anyone to be concerned if he does (except me, I'd be concerned, possibly with an axe)) not in the right position of authority to be able to embezzle and is far too honest to do so anyway, and isn't important enough (you'll get there eventually PB) to have caricatures made of him in political cartoons.

So what I'm saying here is that he has no patio under which to find any skeletons. Just a few sad paving stones in the front garden.

... all my mystery... gone... :qq:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Bobby P please edit the first post to take out all the description of Party Boat and change it to "Mr Kluliss"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

taff do you not know how to spell deluxe

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
lol theres a bobby p in another thread i got confused for a second, Im old!!!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

thats ok friend i updated the op it is important to keep things current for gnarlyhoteps next krystalnacht

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Party Boat posted:

... all my mystery... gone... :qq:

Consider it payback for the best man's speech leaving nothing to the imagination...

Park runs: need to get back into them, don't think I want to do them with anyone I know because I pretend to be a train when running (for breathing purposes) which would make me feel (even) more embarrassed about running in a group.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Kluliss posted:

Park runs: need to get back into them, don't think I want to do them with anyone I know because I pretend to be a train when running (for breathing purposes) which would make me feel (even) more embarrassed about running in a group.

Party Boat be worried, I think Bozzas got an eye on your missis

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Aramoro posted:

Crinkle cut mini chedders? Where the gently caress to you get those?

Claiming a 4 min mile is pretty crazy, I think we should be dope testing the guys completing our Park Run in ~14-15mins because that's too fas.

I did my first parkrun and was beaten by someone pushing a pram.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

maybe they can "train" together :rimshot:

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Kluliss posted:

I'm not posting in there again, they'll make fun of me for having dodgy ankles and doing teeny runs (I ran a whole 1/4 mile this morning but I didn't stop (except to cross a road when there was traffic) which is good?) and wondering about shoes because my feet hurt and not really caring about running as much as everyone else in the thread...

As for secrets, he's a civil servant, he's not old enough to have a string of mistresses (or for anyone to be concerned if he does (except me, I'd be concerned, possibly with an axe)) not in the right position of authority to be able to embezzle and is far too honest to do so anyway, and isn't important enough (you'll get there eventually PB) to have caricatures made of him in political cartoons.

So what I'm saying here is that he has no patio under which to find any skeletons. Just a few sad paving stones in the front garden.

He likes to get pegged but ibs says no.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

DrWrestling69 posted:

Are you me?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

what does ian buncan smith have to do with it

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

goatface posted:

It is. I dtarted in may to make sure i didnt die during some dumb charity 5k and now i cant stop and i have an app and a thing that holds my phone on my arm.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Kluliss posted:

Are you me?

Maybe.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
It was one of those sporty prams with the big wheels. And i didnt even do that badly they must have hust been really good at pram running.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

DrWrestling69 posted:

It was one of those sporty prams with the big wheels. And i didnt even do that badly they must have hust been really good at pram running.

Ah, if they're designed for running they're pretty good - you even get to use it to put a little of your weight on, though obvs lose the use of your arms whilst you're running so swings and roundabouts.

Also, you're not me, you have an arm pouch for your phone, I use a belt.

Also also, wondering where I can get a sporty pram, maybe I can put the Dog in it and push her round the course...might help my time...

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

party boat has a dog, new facts are emerging all the time

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

im liking this expansion to the current thread lore

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Stick a bag of cement in there, go full Team Hoyt

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

goatface posted:

Stick a bag of cement in there, go full Team Hoyt

bag of cement would be a heck of a lot quieter than taking the dog, to be fair...

also I'm pretty sure PB's mentioned the dog before? can I be bothered looking back through the thread? no...someone else who cares more (taff, because otherwise his notebook's not going to be right) can do it...

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
I will run round a park with you Taff, no bother. I've not been for ages due to Saturday morning hangover issues.

I am always tremendously under dressed for it, though it did give me a real sense of achievement battering past some lycra wearing types full sprint in last 200m in a pair of three strip Adidas tracky b's, Reebok classics and a Leeds United shirt circa 2006.

PB: I am not trying to hit on your missus.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Bozza posted:

good because I'm not sure I could fight a train man

I'd do a parkrun goonmeet

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

dude fraction is right there

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

man dual posting as your own fictional wife, a new thread low?

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Bozza posted:

I will run round a park with you Taff, no bother. I've not been for ages due to Saturday morning hangover issues.

I am always tremendously under dressed for it, though it did give me a real sense of achievement battering past some lycra wearing types full sprint in last 200m in a pair of three strip Adidas tracky b's, Reebok classics and a Leeds United shirt circa 2006.

Taff goonmeet me and bozza at the vicky parkrun

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Kluliss posted:

bag of cement would be a heck of a lot quieter than taking the dog, to be fair...

also I'm pretty sure PB's mentioned the dog before? can I be bothered looking back through the thread? no...someone else who cares more (taff, because otherwise his notebook's not going to be right) can do it...

he has, fraction asked him to post the dog and you asked her where she wanted it posted

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Bozza posted:

you being a leeds fan is the one thing that pushes you down from being my favourite poster itt

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why is kluliss pretending to be married to my husband

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Park run goon meet goes against all the tenets of being both British and a goon

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

The Big Taff Man posted:

you being a leeds fan is the one thing that pushes you down from being my favourite poster itt

https://youtu.be/owpnrxCXZJ4

screamname
Apr 6, 2015

Megadyptes posted:

Are scampi fries acceptable because I loving love those

I recently have Ben introduced to these and I can't get enough.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Aramoro posted:

As far as I know Edinburgh is the fastest parkrun because it's also the easiest, even goons can do it.

I think Strathclyde is fast too, it's almost entirely flat.

Plus it has a loch to cool off in (don't do this) and a poo poo theme park next to it.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

DrWrestling69 posted:

As was I, sprinted past me on the last 500m.

I've concluded I need to be able to run a 45-50 min 10km but my park run is still ~24 mins so perhaps in impossible dream for me, I'll just have to crush it on the bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Aramoro posted:

As was I, sprinted past me on the last 500m.

I've concluded I need to be able to run a 45-50 min 10km but my park run is still ~24 mins so perhaps in impossible dream for me, I'll just have to crush it on the bike.

If your park run is about 24 then thats totally achievable