Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/08/05/you-can-use-your-smartphone-as-a-guitar-hero-live-microphone.aspx

Thanks T-Pain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Pissing off Courtney Love is still my proudest achievement. And yes, Activision has the video immediately killed anytime I try uploading it.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Dr Zaius posted:

Pissing off Courtney Love is still my proudest achievement. And yes, Activision has the video immediately killed anytime I try uploading it.

Put it on vimeo.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Orgophlax posted:

Put it on vimeo.

He did years ago.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
yeaaaaaaaaa boiiiiiiii

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
C3 custom song releases for August 7, 2015:

New! Guns N' Roses C04 (Use Your Illusion I) 5-pack (farottone)
  • Guns N' Roses - "Back Off Bitch"
  • Guns N' Roses - "Don't drat Me"
  • Guns N' Roses - "Double Talkin' Jive"
  • Guns N' Roses - "Dust N' Bones"
  • Guns N' Roses - "Perfect Crime"

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Did anybody else get the survey asking why they didn't pre-order Rock Band 4?

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
"I didn't pre-order yet."
"I'm waiting for more information."
"Information on onine play and song availability."

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Astro7x posted:

I only got one asking if I did or not.

pksage posted:

C3 custom song releases for August 7, 2015:

New! Guns N' Roses C04 (Use Your Illusion I) 5-pack (farottone)
  • Guns N' Roses - "Back Off Bitch"
  • Guns N' Roses - "Don't drat Me"
  • Guns N' Roses - "Double Talkin' Jive"
  • Guns N' Roses - "Dust N' Bones"
  • Guns N' Roses - "Perfect Crime"

Gonna play Don't drat Me into the fuckin' groooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooound.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Astro7x posted:

I didn't get anything, Harmonix obviously hates me :smith:

I would've said "waiting to see if my replica Strats/MIDI drum kit will work before I shell out for a XBOne and the game"

El Destructo
Jul 28, 2004

The football is in my path.
In 12 seconds' time she pulls
it away. I'm already lying there, 12 seconds into the future.

whypick1 posted:

I would've said "waiting to see if my replica Strats/MIDI drum kit will work before I shell out for a XBOne and the game"
Don't worry, I said it for you.

They've already indirectly confirmed Replica Strats will work, BTW, by saying that wireless guitar controllers are go.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

whypick1 posted:

I didn't get anything, Harmonix obviously hates me :smith:

Replica strats yes, midi kits they're looking into.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Just stated that I didn't own an Xbone or PS4. As soon as I can get a bone for sub $300, I'll be all over this game.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Yeah, that survey stank of "oh god why are our preorder numbers so much lower than we projected :supaburn:"

I thought about answering "hardware compatibility" (IONs) but ended up saying "I don't have an XB1", because that really is my bigger concern. If there was literally one XB1 exclusive I was really excited for, it would be a much easier decision. :(

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Have they ever gave official word on PS3 Instrument Compatibility with the PS4? That's my only hold up right now.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Astro7x posted:

Have they ever gave official word on PS3 Instrument Compatibility with the PS4? That's my only hold up right now.

PS3 dongles will work with PS4.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Astro7x posted:

Yes, they're fully compatible.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Are they going to be selling the instruments separately again this time around? I'd like to just buy the game digitally and possibly pick up the new mic and new guitar.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

King Burgundy posted:

Are they going to be selling the instruments separately again this time around? I'd like to just buy the game digitally and possibly pick up the new mic and new guitar.

Not at launch, just physical bundles. Their official FAQ recognizes that people want to do this and are working on it.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

pksage posted:

Yeah, that survey stank of "oh god why are our preorder numbers so much lower than we projected :supaburn:"

Which just makes me want to cancel my preorder for fear that I'll buy these new instruments and then have the game fail so badly that there won't be DLC after a few months or something.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
There hasn't been any discussion of what the planned DLC schedule is going to be like other than a few very tentative hints at going back to weekly, and there are no concrete details about the process or availability of the back catalog.

I want to be an informed consumer, and I hope that gets announced... very soon!

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
So here's a fun thing. My RB1 bundle was for PS2. They made the PS3 instruments work for the PS2. So my guitar will have been used on three generations of a console.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Deathlove posted:

I only got one asking if I did or not.

Then you obviously said yes. If you said no there was more than one question.

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
I don't post many things on here because of the unclear rules on what gets you in trouble. So I'll just leave these two different YouTube videos.
If anyone is interested the programs can be downloaded from the C3 forums - links are in the descriptions of each video.

Rok Drummer - lets you play Rock Band drumsets and MIDI drumsets connected to the MPA on your PC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gD1auT3j4k

Keytar Rokker - lets you play Xbox 360 keytars and MIDI keyboards connected to the MPA on your PC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVO981Yo6BE

As expected, they both work with customs to preview the charts and/or play along to them.

That is all :-)

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

TrojanNemo posted:

I don't post many things on here because of the unclear rules on what gets you in trouble.

Rules are pretty simple: Don't be a dick (like that stops people) and don't post anything illegal. (which I guess is where C3 falls, technically, though I'd be honestly shocked if any of the mods cared enough to take action)

So keep posting cool stuff, dude. :)

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

pksage posted:

I pre-ordered the guitar bundle but they still have yet to put the individual title up for pre-order on any digital store or for physical pre-order, not to mention opening up pre-orders of the Xbone dongle, so if they're panicking it's their own fault. That's probably how the vast majority of buyers will be getting the game.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Space_Butler posted:

I pre-ordered the guitar bundle but they still have yet to put the individual title up for pre-order on any digital store or for physical pre-order, not to mention opening up pre-orders of the Xbone dongle, so if they're panicking it's their own fault. That's probably how the vast majority of buyers will be getting the game.

I want to have a digital and a physical first run. Solely for convenience in digital until I can play customs using an older version with a physical disk.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Customs are and will always be a fluke; people will have to reverse engineer whatever form the new-generation DLC files take before that, if ever, and doing it will involve being very illegal!

There's no way to tell what details the exploit would need, let alone if one is ever found; the game isn't even out!

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
I would highly suggest everyone temper their hopes of getting customs in RB4. We are already looking into the process and there are issues we've come across, and the game isn't even out. But you can be sure if customs ever happen there'll be an update to the Tools :-)

Also, aren't there some HMX employees on here? Come on, let's ask (beg) them for a little backdoor to be left in the code ;-)

TrojanNemo fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 9, 2015

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

I haven't played Rock Band in a few years--I think I even gave all my controllers to my brother--but after slamming around on my Alesis DM7X for a couple months, I finally realized that I could probably plug it into the Rock Band MIDI controller I got for my keyboard way back.

It works! But it seems like I can never get my calibration right, and cross-talk shows up in Rock Band 3 that just doesn't when I'm playing on my own or into the computer for recording. I know it's a slim chance, but does anybody here use an Alesis kit? Do I need to just play with calibration and sensitivity settings a bunch more?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I only care about drums so for me it's either get an xbone just for this (if there will even be DLC compatibility and 360 midi pro adapter compatibility) or wait until they make a midi pro adapter for PS4 and just lose the DLC.

CaptainViolence posted:

I haven't played Rock Band in a few years--I think I even gave all my controllers to my brother--but after slamming around on my Alesis DM7X for a couple months, I finally realized that I could probably plug it into the Rock Band MIDI controller I got for my keyboard way back.

It works! But it seems like I can never get my calibration right, and cross-talk shows up in Rock Band 3 that just doesn't when I'm playing on my own or into the computer for recording. I know it's a slim chance, but does anybody here use an Alesis kit? Do I need to just play with calibration and sensitivity settings a bunch more?

I had a DM5 that always worked perfectly, then switched to a Yamaha and had a bunch of issues with the multi zone pads

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

CaptainViolence posted:

When I picked up my DTXplorer I had to turn the sensitivity on everything way down and the crosstalk rejection way up. Since I never used it outside the game it didn't matter much to me.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Drogadon posted:

(if there will even be DLC compatibility and 360 midi pro adapter compatibility)

All DLC is a go, even DLC later pulled from the store if your account owns it, but MIDI Pro Adapter will almost certainly not work at launch. We don't have an official word yet, but we're getting really close to release and I suspect they'd have announced it by now if IONs/MIDI Adapter were confirmed working.

If we make enough of a stink about it, we might be able to get them to prioritize IONs/MIDI Adapter for the inevitable day 0 patch, assuming they can just patch in a driver and it's not an XB1 system-level issue.

I just got a big Amazon gift card and I am sooooo tempted to buy an XB1 for this, but if IONs don't work it'll just be a guitar and vocals machine, and... :sigh:

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Drogadon posted:

I had a DM5 that always worked perfectly, then switched to a Yamaha and had a bunch of issues with the multi zone pads

That's probably exactly my problem, I didn't even think about reassigning all the zones on each pad to the same MIDI number. Thanks!

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTbBaot6T5M

1:51 for "45" Vocals/Guitar on Guitar Hero Live

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

If you're a PlayStation Plus member pre-ordering RB4, you get ten bonus songs:

quote:

All That Remains – “Divide”
Blitz Kids – “Run For Cover”
Bring Me The Horizon – “Throne”
Dead Sara – “Mona Lisa”
Duran Duran – “The Reflex”
Janis Joplin – “Move Over”
Of Mice & Men – “Would You Still Be There”
Oh Honey – “Sugar You”
Pantera – “Cowboys From Hell (Live from Monsters in Moscow Festival)”
Seastick Steve – “Summertime Boy”

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/11/rock-band-4-10-extra-songs-for-ps-plus-pre-orders/

I'm still getting this on Xbone because my existing library is on Xbox, but I really would've liked The Reflex and Cowboys from Hell. Hopefully these come out as regular DLC at some point.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I'm sure they will be, if not the same offer for Xbox Live Gold users too.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
I believe the only Rock Band content still exclusive to a promotion is the Pro G/B upgrades for those three RBN songs from the Schick promo. And maybe some T-shirts? Literally every other song and piece of content has been made available as regular DLC.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
If they start doing console exclusive DLC I'm cancelling my pre-order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
There's no way Sony or Microsoft would pay them more to keep it exclusive than they would make from just selling it on both