Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Accept or Deny? Are you asking him if he believes in the sword? Will you accept the slime coated garbage some pink dog found into your heart, as your one and only savior?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CapitalistPig posted:

Imgay holds the slime covered green sword aloft and is now covered with a viscous disgusting slime.

Imgay will be unable to join the event today and will be unable to use any actions he may have tonight.

Sucker

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have this sick sword tho

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

Imgay holds the slime covered green sword aloft and is now covered with a viscous disgusting slime.

Imgay will be unable to join the event today and will be unable to use any actions he may have tonight.

You a broke boy and I know you not with the shits
Haha haha, haha haha
I'm laughin' to the bank, bitch I'm headed to that meal ticket
Almighty what you on?
Let's flex and get some Bentley's

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cpig whats the slime smell like

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i dont know why i have such a gross disgusting sword while I am a cuddly pink pup

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Asiina posted:

Confirmed I got my first choice and the best flavour of them all. Feel jealous of me, everyone.

This is false as I have the best flavor, hth

##vote Asiina

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe you can give me another sword tomorrow tho

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

i dont know why i have such a gross disgusting sword while I am a cuddly pink pup

You're so you, ew gross
But there's something about you that's making me feel like I do, with you

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

JakeP posted:

You obviously found it in that stupid hydra swamp that is stupid and I hate it so drat much

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

imgay posted:

cpig whats the slime smell like

Wet dog Fur

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Theres no time to be pc in politics

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

imgay posted:

Theres no time to be treating people with respect in politics

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Confirming

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Heeeeeeeeeere's ME!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

You obviously dig things up from awful places and eat your own poop. You are still a dog after all.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Imgay being a stump for N1 and D1 is probably the best possible outcome of the day so far

Confirming I am awesome

Also now I am wishing I had submitted Lavos as my role, dammit.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Imgay being a stump for N1 and D1 is probably the best possible outcome of the day so far

Confirming I am awesome

Also now I am wishing I had submitted Lavos as my role, dammit.

Damnit, I should've picked Time Devourer. We could've been a time traveling, time fighting, humanity devouring duo!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I can't wait to race around the track at the Millenial Faire~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA0za1SUK4U

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I spent a lot of time at the track.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My favourite part about Chrono Cross is that you can ditch Kid.

Here is the character who is obviously going to be super important to the game and possibly a love interest for the player but when she asks to join you, you can just be all "Nah." The game even asks you 3 times if you're sure and you think she'll just come anyway but then she just peaces out and you can go pick up your loser girlfriend to come with you instead.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I've never been able to get in to Chrono Cross which is a shame because Chrono Trigger holds a great space in my heart

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Don't think of it as a sequel. It's just a fun RPG with way too many playable characters.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

Don't think of it as a sequel. It's just a fun RPG with way too many playable characters.

Mod Note

Chrono Cross IS actually a direct sequel it is just very complicated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl6Uqb9cJag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbs9OVW2s0k

:siren: OBVIOUSLY SPOILERS :siren:

I watched these and my mind was blown.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It is a sequel, but it's better if you think of it as not. People who expect it to be a sequel will be disappointed.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

It is a sequel, but it's better if you think of it as not. People who expect it to be a sequel will be disappointed.

I would have agreed with you before I watched those videos but now I'm totally satisfied with Chrono Cross as a sequel.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I've never played Chrono Cross.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hi confirmed

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I played about halfway through Cross then got bored and moved on, but I've played through Trigger more than any other game except maybe Snakeeater

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Opopanax posted:

I played about halfway through Cross then got bored and moved on, but I've played through Trigger more than any other game except maybe Snakeeater

I played the living hell out of both games. I go back and play Chrono Trigger again every so often (although I need to pick up a DS copy the next time I go back, I only played through that one once). Cross I've never gone back to (although I did get every ending back when it came out).

Earthbound is probably my most played game ever, though. Then CT, then FF6. Man I loved me some SNES.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I've never played either of these games but intend to play them on SNES at some point.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I played the first half hour of Chrono Cross and got distracted, should I give it another shot

Chrono Trigger I love and enjoy and am in fact replaying via the DS currently

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Magnus Gallant posted:

I've never played either of these games but intend to play them on SNES at some point.

good luck playing chrono cross on snes

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Magnus Gallant posted:

p sure chrono cross was for ps1 my dude

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Are any mobile ports of Trigger good? It'd be cool to have it on my ipad or something. I had the DS one but I don't really use my DS anymore

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

The DS port is honestly the best port of Chrono Trigger, but the iOS/android ports aren't awful, apparently, though I think the UI looks kind of bleh

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hey everyone.

##frozen flame

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The Frozen Flame has been invoked!

Time seems to shift and distort.

A bag appears in the middle of the fair.

The first three people to ##grab the bag will be eligible for its contents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

##grab that bag

• Locked thread