Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I made it through the 40AP exp quest today with a team mostly around level 15. I cut it a bit close, ended with only two servants left, one a single hit away from dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Ytlaya posted:

How difficult is the 40AP XP quest (ie what level servants roughly are required and what class type are the enemies)? I really don't want to waste 40AP and then die.
There should be a youtube video for it. Pretty sure the boss is caster, and he is alone in the third stage. I think the intended party is at least 3 lv 40 servants, but your party composition may vary!

My Ruler(12) Shielder (15) Berserker (40-60) team breeze through it without giving a drat about class relation. :agesilaus:

First two stages enemies are the same and they do about 300-500 normal damage with 1000+for crit EACH HIT. They will always do 2-3 attacks no matter how many is left. Boss will do 3 attacks.

The key strategy for my team is to keep berserker alive with dodge/heal spell/skill/NP and have the berserker NP nuke the final boss plus a few more heavy hits. Make sure the NP is single target (Lu bu, dracula, hercules, etc)

Pro tip: if you think you are going to lose, close out your app during the battle and you will start over at first stage on reopen. I only did this like five times out of thirty attempt when my berserker died too soon out of bad luck/poor decision. :engleft:

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 10, 2015

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nyaa posted:

There should be a youtube video for it. Pretty sure the boss is caster, and he is alone in the third stage. I think the intended party is at least 3 lv 40 servants, but your party composition may vary!

My Ruler(12) Shielder (15) Berserker (40-60) team breeze through it without giving a drat about class relation. :agesilaus:

First two stages enemies are the same and they do about 300-500 normal damage with 1000+for crit EACH HIT. They will always do 2-3 attacks no matter how many is left. Boss will do 3 attacks.

The key strategy for my team is to keep berserker alive with dodge/heal spell/skill/NP and have the berserker NP nuke the final boss plus a few more heavy hits. Make sure the NP is single target (Lu bu, dracula, hercules, etc)

Pro tip: if you think you are going to lose, close out your app during the battle and you will start over at first stage on reopen. I only did this like five times out of thirty attempt when my berserker died too soon out of bad luck/poor decision. :engleft:

Hm, it might be too much for me then since I don't have any level 40-60 support servants. My Ruler is higher (20) and I have a level 15 Medusa Rider that might be useful against the caster boss, but the lack of a super heavy hitting support would probably keep me from winning. The highest support I have are a level 25 Arturia and level 38 Lancer Cu Chulainn.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ytlaya posted:

but the lack of a super heavy hitting support would probably keep me from winning.
Yea, that's why i am trying to raise my own berserker to lv 40, then any shielder/ruler support will do.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ytlaya posted:

How difficult is the 40AP XP quest (ie what level servants roughly are required and what class type are the enemies)? I really don't want to waste 40AP and then die.

The XP quests are pretty piss easy. The enemies, at least in the class XP ones, are of the appropriate types for the XP cards you'd be getting, and they all attack only once per round.

The 40 AP one seems to have level 30-40 enemies at the most and while they can hit kinda hard, since it's only once per round from each enemy, you can easily win a DPS race if you're using a Berserker for support or something. I was completing it fairly regularly with Servants in the level 15 range or so even before I got Jeanne and Bathory.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

-Troika- posted:

The XP quests are pretty piss easy. The enemies, at least in the class XP ones, are of the appropriate types for the XP cards you'd be getting, and they all attack only once per round.

The 40 AP one seems to have level 30-40 enemies at the most and while they can hit kinda hard, since it's only once per round from each enemy, you can easily win a DPS race if you're using a Berserker for support or something. I was completing it fairly regularly with Servants in the level 15 range or so even before I got Jeanne and Bathory.

I ended up giving the 40 AP quest a shot, and it was really easy. My level 20 Ruler and level 30 Arturia support never even came close to dying, and even my level 15 Caster Cu Chulainn managed to survive through the use of Ruler's NP so I never had to use any of my backup servants.

The rewards were alright, though it didn't seem like much more than you would get from doing two of the 20 AP quests. There was one gold 4 star XP item, 6 silvers, and two 2-star bronze ones, compared with the two or three silver + a mix of 2/1 star bronze that I'd get from the 20 AP (though I did get a 4-star once from the 20 AP quest). I guess I was hoping for more than one of the gold XP items, since it's the highest level option for farming them.

I have no idea how this one guy on my friend's list has been leveling so fast. Every time I see him he's like 3 levels higher, and is now like 50 or something. I guess that might be possible if you just put every single one of your XP items into a single character, though it seems you'd run into money issues.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Buy quartz, spend quartz refilling AP bar (best done once you're high level enough to have an 80 AP bar), grind the gently caress out of the QP dailies, next day grind the gently caress out of the XP dailies.

http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/blog.php/1056-Mining-for-Bits
Data I've pulled. There's a ton. Skill up reqs, ascension reqs, skills names and effects, weakness table, servant XP requirements and how servants' stats grow (it's not always linear).
Might be adding more depending on what I discover or figure out.
Once I have the time I'll give the precise numbers for all skills and NPs but that's in a 'later' stage.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kyte posted:

Buy quartz, spend quartz refilling AP bar (best done once you're high level enough to have an 80 AP bar), grind the gently caress out of the QP dailies, next day grind the gently caress out of the XP dailies.

http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/blog.php/1056-Mining-for-Bits
Data I've pulled. There's a ton. Skill up reqs, ascension reqs, skills names and effects, weakness table, servant XP requirements and how servants' stats grow (it's not always linear).
Might be adding more depending on what I discover or figure out.
Once I have the time I'll give the precise numbers for all skills and NPs but that's in a 'later' stage.

Is Gilgamesh (and some other servants like Gintoki/Medea) even in the game at this point? I noticed you list his skills.

Also, that information about stat growth curves is really useful and seems to explain why, initially, some servants seem so drastically better than others; they were generally servants with reverse S growth curves. Also, every single servant that made me think "jesus, why is he/she so lovely" was an S curve (like EMIYA, though from what I understand his end-game stats aren't that good either).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Aug 11, 2015

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Ytlaya posted:

Is Gilgamesh (and some other servants like Gintoki/Medea) even in the game at this point? I noticed you list his skills.

I saw a screencap of Gil, but as an enemy/boss battle I believe. Not sure if it was for story mode or one of the higher Chaldea Gate quests though.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

i picked the wrong 40 Ap last night and the last boss is Gil. It's interesting that his attack does 6 hits instead of the normal 3 hits. He might be the best crit quick attack servant in game.

40 AP servant xp daily suck and super easy compare to other 40 Ap.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Aug 11, 2015

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I got my Spartacus's NP to level 3 after getting him a couple more times from friend points; that's definitely one big advantage to lower star cards. He's hard to keep alive, but if I manage to fill his NP gauge and get off a Buster Brave Chain it is absolutely devastating and regularly does at least 30,000 damage (in addition to healing him a bunch). edit: I forgot to mention that I have Heaven's Feel equipped to him, which increases NP damage by an additional 40%.

This Fafnir fight would have been really difficult if I hadn't saved his NP and still had Expert Dragon Slayer Sasaki Kojiro as a backup servant. He frequently does multiple 1000+ damage AoE attacks per turn.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 11, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Gil is 40000 hp and the 40ap master exp boss is 70000 btw.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
So far, ancient Rome level seems way more easier to get through compared to France although it helps there aren't any stupid dragons to contend with.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

Also, that information about stat growth curves is really useful and seems to explain why, initially, some servants seem so drastically better than others; they were generally servants with reverse S growth curves. Also, every single servant that made me think "jesus, why is he/she so lovely" was an S curve (like EMIYA, though from what I understand his end-game stats aren't that good either).

A handful of servants are in the game but not obtainable. This is probably so they can be used as enemies, but it's likely they will become obtainable at some point. (Except Jeanne Alter, but then again she has a profile for some unknown reason)

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Compendium posted:

So far, ancient Rome level seems way more easier to get through compared to France although it helps there aren't any stupid dragons to contend with.

Almost through France now(I think), and am so tired of drat dragons and their huge health pools along with auto-crit moves. Annoyed with auto-crit moves that are part of the AI's standard move complement in general, but the dragons are egregious due to having high hp on top of that.

Currently using Shielder(15) and Medusa(17), with Caster Cu(14) and Mata-hari(14) as support. Currently at the field spot right before the main castle. I have a lvl 12 Kiyohime as well, but not enough points to put her in the party currently due to lvl 4 & 5 Craft Essences equipped. Other owned servants are Asterios, Spartacus, Mephistopheles, Mozart, Arash, and Saber Gilles, so basically the best I can manage. Have enough crystals for another 40 crystal summon, but trying to hold off until France is finished.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

everyone posted:

Dragons

Hearing these complaints just remind me that I ground to a stop because of dragons.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I went into the big boss dragon round with Sasaki Kojiro (16) at 1500 HP. All my other servants were down.

Motherfucker took down all 50k HP on his lonesome, in three rounds.

Tsubame Gaeshi is at level 3 and did about 19k of that damage.

Sasaki. Kojiro.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm beginning to understand the "Savior of France" thing going around concerning Sasaki. drat.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Tarezax posted:

I went into the big boss dragon round with Sasaki Kojiro (16) at 1500 HP. All my other servants were down.

Sasaki. Kojiro.

Geez. I'm really wanting a LP of this now.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
How are you guys actually playing this game? Even with English guides, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I can read Japanese. Never needed a guide. :smug:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tarezax posted:

Sasaki. Kojiro.

How did you charge back up his NP? While I found Kojiro really useful against dragons, this was mostly because of his resistance to Rider damage; it took forever to build up his NP.

I'm almost at the end of France now. I beat Fafnir (the giant dragon) with Kojiro dealing the final blows after he had killed my main 3 (Ruler, Spartacus, and level 35 support Attila), though he was almost dead by that point. After beating him I thought to myself "finally, must be done with the dragons now" but noooooope. A few levels later I have to fight 3 wyverns at once, one with 67k HP and the other two with ~25k. Fortunately I used the strategy of using Atilla's NP boosting skill + Heaven's Feel craft equip + a brave chain to do 55k damage at once with Spartacus's NP.

I also recently ascended Spartacus, which gave him a girdle of sorts and changed his weapon from a spiked club to a sword.

Neo_Crimson posted:

How are you guys actually playing this game? Even with English guides, I have no idea what I'm doing.

While my kanji knowledge is too bad to follow the plot much, I can read all the katakana/hiragana and figure out things from that. The kairosity guide posted earlier helped fill in all the blanks, though.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 12, 2015

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

How did you charge back up his NP? While I found Kojiro really useful against dragons, this was mostly because of his resistance to Rider damage; it took forever to build up his NP.

I'm almost at the end of France now. I beat Fafnir (the giant dragon) with Kojiro dealing the final blows after he had killed my main 3 (Ruler, Spartacus, and level 35 support Attila), though he was almost dead by that point. After beating him I thought to myself "finally, must be done with the dragons now" but noooooope. A few levels later I have to fight 3 wyverns at once, one with 67k HP and the other two with ~25k. Fortunately I used the strategy of using Atilla's NP boosting skill + Heaven's Feel craft equip + a brave chain to do 55k damage at once with Spartacus's NP.

I also recently ascended Spartacus, which gave him a girdle of sorts and changed his weapon from a spiked club to a sword.

While my kanji knowledge is too bad to follow the plot much, I can read all the katakana/hiragana and figure out things from that. The kairosity guide posted earlier helped fill in all the blanks, though.

He'd already charged up to like 140% from the previous fights. Critting on an Arts attack gives you mad NP%.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I actually can't properly read a lot of the kanji either, but I'm Chinese so I cheat with my Chinese knowledge.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice

Ytlaya posted:

Just me or is the game seemingly really difficult based on this? I'm used to Final Fantasy 7 where I can just grind and maybe there's an enemy I have to sometimes see if it's weak to a particular energy type or something; with the one clever strategy being discovered by accident in FF6 where there's a bug where black hole kills the boss.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Just me or is the game seemingly really difficult based on this? I'm used to Final Fantasy 7 where I can just grind and maybe there's an enemy I have to sometimes see if it's weak to a particular energy type or something; with the one clever strategy being discovered by accident in FF6 where there's a bug where black hole kills the boss.
The black hole in this case is to run a Berserker. :black101:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nyaa posted:

The black hole in this case is to run a Berserker. :black101:

All berserker party?

All berserker party.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Tamamo/Heracles/Lu Bu for the ultimate black hole

until someone two shots all of them, but not before they get the enemy first :getin:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think part of the issue is that the game is assuming you'll be completing France over the course of weeks/months while leveling up your guys doing daily content. Like, it seems you're technically supposed to have a party of level ~30 guys for the latter parts of the France chapter, but most of us are trying to do it with level 15 guys + a level 30+ support (friendlist person). Of course, it could also just be that the game is terribly balanced, since I hear that Rome is a lot easier and all non-wyvern/boss enemies in France are also easy.

Probably the hardest thing in the game in terms of "chances of actually getting game overs" haven't been the Wyverns, but instead of been the enemy servant bosses (which often occur after a couple rounds of wyverns, so you're already a bit worn down). When the enemy servants hit you with their NPs, they seem to do their full regular damage. This is devestating, since servant damage generally seemed tuned towards attacking enemies with way more HP than you have. As a result, AoE enemy servant NPs can literally just one shot your entire party. The only character of mine that could survive Elizabeth Bathory's (the Lancer one) NP was Jeanne, who takes 1/2 damage from all classes (except Berserker), and even she only had a few hundred HP left.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 12, 2015

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Game's down for maintenance again, so here's a fun question. Who do you guys have in the "My Room" section in the game? I put Asterios/Minotaur there because his dialogue is pretty cute especially since I ascended him and now he shows more facial expressons. :3:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Neo_Crimson posted:

It felt p intuitive for me, I just guessed and stuff.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Fate/Grand Order Berserker Fiesta

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Servers came back up and I logged in to two mails. One has 150,000 QP and the other has 3x 4-star EXP All. Time to feed Berserker Vlad these.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jesus Christ, Jeanne Alter's NP just killed my entire party, including my 8000 HP (at about full health) Jeanne, who naturally takes 1/2 damage and also has the Kirie +15% defense craft essence.

edit: God, she is so strong. She seems to retain the Ruler's 1/2 damage thing and hits with 2000+ damage combos.

edit2: Finally won; I remembered about command spells and used one to fully heal my Jeanne, who was able to wear her down before she could get off her NP again.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 12, 2015

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Jeanne Alter's Noble Phantasm reflects and amplifies damage so the harder you hit her the turn it's used, the harder you get hit.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I didn't see it in the Op nor on this page so I'll ask. What is the difference between the animes Fate/Stay night and unlimited blade works? Are they different stories, or is blade works a remaster?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Basically different stories with the same characters.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Shadow225 posted:

I didn't see it in the Op nor on this page so I'll ask. What is the difference between the animes Fate/Stay night and unlimited blade works? Are they different stories, or is blade works a remaster?

Based on different routes of the VN, but the original Fate/Stay Night anime is bad.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Ytlaya posted:

I think part of the issue is that the game is assuming you'll be completing France over the course of weeks/months while leveling up your guys doing daily content. Like, it seems you're technically supposed to have a party of level ~30 guys for the latter parts of the France chapter, but most of us are trying to do it with level 15 guys + a level 30+ support (friendlist person). Of course, it could also just be that the game is terribly balanced, since I hear that Rome is a lot easier and all non-wyvern/boss enemies in France are also easy.

Probably the hardest thing in the game in terms of "chances of actually getting game overs" haven't been the Wyverns, but instead of been the enemy servant bosses (which often occur after a couple rounds of wyverns, so you're already a bit worn down). When the enemy servants hit you with their NPs, they seem to do their full regular damage. This is devestating, since servant damage generally seemed tuned towards attacking enemies with way more HP than you have. As a result, AoE enemy servant NPs can literally just one shot your entire party. The only character of mine that could survive Elizabeth Bathory's (the Lancer one) NP was Jeanne, who takes 1/2 damage from all classes (except Berserker), and even she only had a few hundred HP left.

Is this similar to the Japanese experience? It'd be cool if we Westerners were breaking the game through our skill. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Ytlaya posted:

Ask me about eating a 19k NP from Carmilla.