Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Not even all those treats and toys can keep this sleepy pup awake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Not even all those treats and toys can keep this sleepy pup awake

A sweet dogge

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Hey dogge thread:

Recommend me a good frisbee/throwing disc that Reggie cannot rip into small bits if he decides to chew on it when I look away for thirty seconds. Also, if it flys well, that is a bonus, because he loves to catch frisbees.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
That's not a Han Solo toy, that's a Chewie Toy.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

In the toys pic you can see a blue disc it's made by nerf. Feels like it'd fly really far and is somewhat durable

WarpedNaba posted:

:golfclap:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Icarus went shopping. Got a gentle leader, amongst other things

Yes that is a frozen Han Solo squeaky toy

It's always so fun to see the puppy's personality develop aka which toys they like, what foods they prefer, etc. they are all unique :3:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

WarpedNaba posted:

These puns are getting worse all the time.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Their bark is worse than their bite

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

It's always so fun to see the puppy's personality develop aka which toys they like, what foods they prefer, etc. they are all unique :3:

I tried to sample them with him in the store but he has severe puppy ADD. Always from one to the next but never actually spends any time on one specific toy. Same goes for treats. Ether I haven't found the right one or he's just picky. So I'm just trying them all to see what he's into and same with the toys: Rope, ball, squeaky, etc.

He also doesn't really get the concept of fetch yet but we'll figure it out. Really want to be able to just throw a disc 50 yards and have him get it

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

WarpedNaba posted:

I need him alive, he's not use to me dead.

Wait... no.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I like dogges you guys

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hi holocaust bloopers

We're all here for your support

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I tried to sample them with him in the store but he has severe puppy ADD. Always from one to the next but never actually spends any time on one specific toy. Same goes for treats. Ether I haven't found the right one or he's just picky. So I'm just trying them all to see what he's into and same with the toys: Rope, ball, squeaky, etc.

He also doesn't really get the concept of fetch yet but we'll figure it out. Really want to be able to just throw a disc 50 yards and have him get it

Give it a week, you will notice some favorites

Paxs fave toy is a stuffed hedgehog that oinks when he bites it, called "hedgie". He also really likes the puppy toys that have some crinkly plastic inside them.

His favorite foods are string cheese, chopped chicken gizzards and hearts, cat poop, and liver. His least favorite food is eggs.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
In a few weeks you will know all of your pups little quirks (ie, is he afraid of thunderstorms, does he like to watch tv, does he bark at certain people on the tv, does he like firm or soft doggie beds, does he have a favorite spot to sit in, and so on)

:3:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I remember my dog loved long grass, sloping hills, warm dew, cold clean water, tons of running and goofing off, sniffing all the trees and to finish up by sleeping on a few sheepskin rugs in front of a roaring fireplace after a big ol' bowl of venison and dog biscuits.

New Zealand is good to its dogges, sometimes :unsmith:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Getting to know his quirks and I love it! Dogs are such characters and that what makes them great

- loving LOVES the ladies. Could give a gently caress about dudes but drat if he isn't a flirt
- at the beach he likes to towel hop from one person/group to the next. Whoring himself out for belly rubs
- has a favorite couch spot
- has a favorite blanket (or poncho, rather)
- is very interested in squeaky things for about 5 seconds
- it's a bit warm right now and he likes to lay completely flat to cool off his nuts. Once he warms a spot up he'll get up, sniff around, find a new one, then do it again. Rinse/repeat
- I leave the door cracked trying to get him potty trained. If he here's a suspicious noise outside he goes to investigate. But he never actually goes. He just stands at the top of the stairs and watches like a nosey neighbor.

http://youtu.be/Zwv4oH5tyEE

"Paralyzed dog learns to walk again"

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
http://i.imgur.com/AjH2lJX.gifv

:3:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

icarus is so gonna get n4d laid lol

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Waitaminutethisisntwaterwhocareswheeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

:golfclap:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Holy poo poo, a sleeper pun. It took me this long.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

icarus is so gonna get n4d laid lol

Dude seriously feel like Ryan Gosling. I knew it'd be intense but drat. I live in a dense area with lots of other dog owners and a good popular of younger folks. There's a fb group for the city that I posted my dog in and 3 random girls were like "oh I met you and your dog yesterday!" And some girl had a video of her dog playing in the water and the last 3 seconds is her dog jumping splashing Icarus while I'm trying to teach him to swim.

It doesn't help that he's a huge flirt anyways and is extremely drawn to women. At the beach he just towel hops one by one any chance he gets to the ladies. I haven't used him to my advantage yet but we'll see

Also sorry for the poo poo link, couldn't find a YouTube video. But I promise this is 100% worth it

http://m.9gag.com/gag/aQnoXQz?ref=android

- edit lol also forgot to tell you guys that an unsupervised border collie kept trying to herd me and Icarus. Poor guy thought he was being attacked

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 12, 2015

Apathetic Medic
Apr 22, 2010

Fun Shoe
I need to find a good dog like Bruce...
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7f1_1439395431

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

hosed up if tru

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Any suggestions for helping separation anxiety?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
We've always used a Kong stuffed with treats or frozen peanut butter.

One of our rescues was previously crate trained as well.

Here's Ceasar Milan's take on it

http://www.cesarsway.com/dog-behavior/anxiety/dealing-with-separation-anxiety

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

He's crate trained more or less. A bit of trouble with excitement. He just still thinks every time I leave I'm never ever coming back. I know I know it's a pup

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That's a cocker spaniel thing. I had one growing up. She pissed every time we came home.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

That's a cocker spaniel thing. I had one growing up. She pissed every time we came home.
Yep. My aunt and uncle have one that's maybe a year or two old and she still does it occasionally. The previous spaniel? Also.

They're just so happy to see you! :kimchi:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Put him in the crate. Leave treats in crate. Leave the house or room for like five minutes. Come back and let him out. Repeat. Trainer said that it would help them realize that being in the crate does not mean gone for a long time. She also suggested I sprinkle nice treats in the crate when he's not looking. They also sell puppy calming sprays at the store

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Timothy
Zipper
Alfie
Roscoe
Ikarus
Monty

All dogges

Post EM

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

All dogges

Post EM

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I have no dogges to show :smith:

Turtle Dad 420
Jul 16, 2011

Turtle Time Erryday

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Also try putting one of your dirty socks in the crate, one you've worked in all day. They love having your smell with them.

We did that with Zelda when she first came home with us because she also had some spearation issues when both of us had to be at work.

I will still occasionally find my socks randomly hidden in places after she's stolen them from the laundry basket.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
I think I read somewhere that dogges don't really comprehend time, so in their mind, you leave a little while and you're gone forever. That might be how leaving for 5 minutes works. It's just long enough they think you're never coming home, so after repeating that a lot, they learn you will come back.

Maybe? I could be wrong vOv

I think I've posted Mia in here before, but I need to again.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I have none of those dogges, but here is Bella.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I forgot Bella!

Good dogge :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

From PYF cute thread

Suleman posted: