Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Alkydere posted:

Monopoly? Ewwww.

Seirously, go play some real (and actually fun) boardgames like Ticket to Ride or Catan.

Guess Who trumps all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Lottery
Apr 27, 2009

Magres posted:

I've had taint creep in, kill a chicken, then had a tainted chicken attack me.

After that I started keeping my critters underground in a smaller room centered under the silverwood, just to be safe

I was fortunate to have some cows spawn early. I bred them until I had a thriving cow population. Then one day after mining I returned to the surface and my cow pen was full of beef and leather and one tainted cow. :(

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Your Lottery posted:

I was fortunate to have some cows spawn early. I bred them until I had a thriving cow population. Then one day after mining I returned to the surface and my cow pen was full of beef and leather and one tainted cow. :(

God I love Blightfall :allears:

Been playing Refuge today and enjoying it. It disappoints me that it doesn't deliver on "OH GOD THERE ARE METEORS OUTSIDE" but I'm really enjoying playing with Magical Crops and Agricraft, and the way various sections of the lab have opened after you complete something is really cool, as is the abandoned feeling of the place and the fact that I have to reclaim my new rooms from mobs and mob spawners. Someone earlier in thread said that it was super grindy - I'm not having that experience, though there is a quest that's named something like "no more grinding!" that points you to the Extra Utilities watering can (and accuses people who wanted it of being whiny :rolleyes:), and this modpack would be horrendous without it, but is pretty cool with it. Watering Cans are a bit slower than bonemeal and I don't think you can use them on trees (not sure though), but they seem to be infinite use and sprinkle in a 3x3 AOE, so they do a really good job of speeding along crop growth.

I'm also not excessively far into the mod, so don't quote me on it if it turns into "submit 100k wood" later on :shrug:

Refuge could use some more work, but it's got promise imo. I'm really, really digging the way the lab has opened up as I've done stuff so far.

Magres fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Aug 12, 2015

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Alkydere posted:

Monopoly? Ewwww.

Seirously, go play some real (and actually fun) boardgames like Ticket to Ride or Catan.

:thejoke:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Omega Virus board game of the year, all years

:v:

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

KakerMix posted:

Guess Who trumps all

Top Trumps? (showing my age now)

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Magres posted:

Watering Cans are a bit slower than bonemeal and I don't think you can use them on trees (not sure though), but they seem to be infinite use and sprinkle in a 3x3 AOE, so they do a really good job of speeding along crop growth.

You can use it on saplings, it speeds it up a bit.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Just spent ~45 minutes in creative with V1 Blightfall, just flying around and checking things out. Some stuff I can confirm:

- The reactor on the ship I mentioned? Not only is it set up to run, it actually is fueled. If you can get to the top of the ship a controller is up there along with a spot you can take power from.
- There are a couple of meteors on the map, which is kind of neat.
- Was not expecting the rock-tower hellscape to the north. :stare:
- Or the awesome floating city. Holy poo poo.
- The tiny boat with a silverwood tree growing in it is silly but also kind of neat.
- The spaceship is way the gently caress far away from the island. Yes, I did fly the entire distance. Regret.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Rock tower hellscape? Do tell!

(is it in the south end of the blighted area?)

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Magres posted:

Rock tower hellscape? Do tell!

(is it in the south end of the blighted area?)

Basically the entire area southwest of the floating city. Maybe it's just me and the thing I have about heights, but those towers freak me out.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
:stare: wait, WHAT? A floating city?! I thought I 100% blightfalls release map! The most trippy thing I remember is the floating rock formations that were "supported" by glowstone. :allears:

This is the music I've got so far for Blightfall, more recommendations are welcome, I'll make sure to update this post if anything is suggested!

Dark Ambient Playlist by Atrium Carceri.

My good stuff:
X-2 specifically Restless Andromeda and Deep Waters. The rest of the X franchise should have other winners too.
From what I've heard so far (Dark Ambient Space Music) Simon Wilkinson should be solid.
Eldritch's OST is good, but its not all on youtube! :( R'lyeh Bandcamp for the rest.

The rest:
Starcraft's Zerg themes from all releases.
The Tiberium Wasteland ambience in Tiberium Wars & Kane's Wrath.
XCOM: Enemy Within, Terror from the Deep and Apocalypse's music should fit better.
Ironically enough, the various Blight themed music from Wildstar should be good.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 12, 2015

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Thyrork posted:

:stare: wait, WHAT? A floating city?! I thought I 100% blightfalls release map! The most trippy thing I remember is the floating rock formations that were "supported" by glowstone. :allears:

Welp, now you have something to look for in 2.0. It's in 1.0, and that version is still, for the time being, up on Technic.

2 hours left, and I have to be at work in one. Ugh.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Blightfall is being released in about 20 minutes! :aaaaa:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
All aboard the hype train :captainpop:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Samuel L Jackson has words of wisdom for us.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

does the day 6 page have anything new, if it does i can't find it :smithfrog:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Glory of Arioch posted:

Nope.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Glory of Arioch posted:

Day 6 isn't up yet! Day 5 added the dogtags and the chicken claw.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Thyrork posted:

Refresh.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Thyrork posted:

:confused:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

:aaa:

e: cant figure anything out!

Its updated, the timer can be clicked now.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 12, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
IT HAS BEGUN

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

click on the 00:00:00 :v:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Hahahhaha

"Should scouting continue, it should only be conducted by protagonist-rank military personnel with Steve-level crafting and foraging certification"

I love this modpack

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
BLIGHTFALL IS GO

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
These people have way more faith in my abilities than I do...

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

lawl minecraft drama still exists? journeymap not in blightfall due to MINECRAFT DRAMA

also the version of botania is super old i will probably fix both

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Glory of Arioch posted:

lawl minecraft drama still exists? journeymap not in blightfall due to MINECRAFT DRAMA

tell me about the journeymap drama

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Solid Poopsnake posted:

tell me about the journeymap drama

sorry that is all i know, i got it from reading http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/blightfall.592618/permissions

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Download seems to get stuck at blightfall-saves-v2.1.0.zip, unless that's just a really huge file.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Elswyyr posted:

Download seems to get stuck at blightfall-saves-v2.1.0.zip, unless that's just a really huge file.

this is also happening to me :smithfrog:

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Elswyyr posted:

It is a really big file. Even with my good internet, it took a couple minutes for me to download that one file.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Fastleafdecay is gone :gonk:

TREE GODS WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN ME

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The blightfall save is about 160Mb please take mercy on our poor servers and chill out for a few minutes.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Glory of Arioch posted:

:cripes:

Also im going to tinker with the mods after a first playthrough perhaps. Or at least a bunch of hours.

Magres posted:

I imagine fast leaf decay would make the rotting forests surreal as entire patches vanish infront of you.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Magres posted:

make a botania horn of the canopy

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Should uh
should growing one loving tree take an entire stack of bonemeal

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

30.5 Days posted:

The blightfall save is about 160Mb please take mercy on our poor servers and chill out for a few minutes.

Now that you're here, I'll badger you with tech support questions. Will the game work OK for multiplayer if I just open a singleplayer game to LAN? Or should I use the server download?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Should uh
should growing one loving tree take an entire stack of bonemeal

If there's not room for it to grow that can happen yeah. That's pretty normal minecraft vanilla behavior, though.