Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Save the Dodge skill/spell to tank NP. it's 100% zero damage for a whole turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nyaa posted:

It can only save one character, though. My main strategy is to just try and get Jeanne's NP up in time for the enemy's NP, since it shields the whole party, but sometimes that just isn't feasible (if I draw bad cards for instance).

I've done a few Rome levels and they're laughably easy so far. A bunch of guys with 1.5k-3k HP, yet they still give more XP than the France levels. Once I finish Rome I'll go ahead and do a couple multi-rolls, since I have 85 stones saved up.

By the way, how do you set a servant as your "greeter" in your room?

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 12, 2015

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Out of curiosity does anyone have a link to that philosophical discussion from the Fate/Zero thread about the fight between Gilgamesh and Iskandar? About the Horizon and stuff? I wanna save it somewhere for future use.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nyaa posted:

Your Jeanne got me outta some pinches

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Ytlaya posted:

By the way, how do you set a servant as your "greeter" in your room?

When you view the Servant in your card list, there is a heart button on the left. Press that to set who you see in your menus.

e: The "guaranteed 4* with 10 pulls" event has been extended to the 31st. :toot:

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 12, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Schubalts posted:

e: The "guaranteed 4* with 10 pulls" event has been extended to the 31st. :toot:
I am hoping for a Berserker only drop someday. having only 3 star berseker kinda worries me. i might roll for guarantee 5 though.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Your Jeanne got me outta some pinches
I didn't post my ID but i guess you found my name. :toot:

Ytlaya posted:

It can only save one character, though. My main strategy is to just try and get Jeanne's NP up in time for the enemy's NP,
My strategy only need to keep berseker alive, So it works for me. :toot:

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 12, 2015

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nyaa posted:

I am hoping for a Berserker only drop someday. having only 3 star berseker kinda worries me. i might roll for guarantee 5 though.

I didn't post my ID but i guess you found my name. :toot:

My strategy only need to keep berseker alive, So it works for me. :toot:

I think you were the one that added me...?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I think you were the one that added me...?
Oh, that it's.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
I spent all morning playing Grand Order now that it's finally out on iOS.
My ID is 667636370, I'm still a level 5 piece of poo poo but please be my friend in a video game.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

jellycat posted:

I spent all morning playing Grand Order now that it's finally out on iOS.
I can't find it on the app store, how did you get it? Link?

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Nyaa posted:

I can't find it on the app store, how did you get it? Link?

I think it's only on the Japanese App Store, just to be clear, but the link is:
https://appsto.re/jp/Ta6H8.i

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Install Qooapp first, and run it. It'll let you download the game through that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just used my Japanese Apple ID to get to the Japanese store

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

-Troika- posted:

Install Qooapp first, and run it. It'll let you download the game through that.
Welp, already went through the complicated process of getting a japan account. Import from Android success!

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
I want more Servants… I used up 28 Quartz trying to draw a Servant, but all I got were Craft Essences. :negative:
At least I got a 4-star one…

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

jellycat posted:

I want more Servants…
You might want to reroll instead...get two good servant and Save quartz until a better roll event comes up.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Godspeed, T-M thread.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been playing FGO and I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. Siegfried is my lead right now and when my stamina bar refills I'm going to dump like another hour into it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

My only issue with fgo is how shoddily coded it is.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I remain clean of Gatchapon devilry, at least until an English version comes out. Maybe not even then though, considering Dokkan Battle and Record Keeper couldn't hook me either.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Godspeed, T-M thread.

This is good though.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
My friend ID is 526065189 if somebody wants a low level fat Caesar helping them out!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The engine is just unity tho?

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

i was thinking about checking out fgo

but fallout shelter is on android now

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

jellycat posted:

I want more Servants… I used up 28 Quartz trying to draw a Servant, but all I got were Craft Essences. :negative:
At least I got a 4-star one…

That's nice, I've burned through 120(in 40 gem batches) and only gotten a single 4+ star servant, and it wasn't even a useful one. It was Waver, which really sucks since you already get a good Caster automatically. Hell, in total, from quartz and friend point draws combined, I've only drawn 11 Servants.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

gently caress dragons, gently caress them forever. The bloody mid-stage of a level should not both have more HP and be harder than the boss(Caster Gilles, I'm looking at you).

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

My only issue is how its region locked and I am way too lazy to bother with work arounds

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You literally don't need to do anything fancy though? Just install qooapp on your phone and use that to download it and it works perfectly.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ugh, Romulus just kicked my rear end. He hits like a truck. It was partly my fault for using a Hercules support instead of Attila (who would be strong against Romulus and die less fast).

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Take good care of berserker, and berserker will take good care of you. :agesilaus:

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
spiral paradox is still the best loving type-moon story, imo. just rewatched it last night, and I might watch it again tonight if I decide to lose my mind

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ugh the Wyverns have made their way to Rome! I thought I was through with them. At least these seem relatively weak.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Time to buff up Sasaki again I see. He along with Phantom of the Opera are my only Assassins so far.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Compendium posted:

Time to buff up Sasaki again I see. He along with Phantom of the Opera are my only Assassins so far.

I think they only ended up showing up in a couple back to back rounds at the very end of the chapter. I just finished Rome and the last couple rounds are pretty brutal. The last boss has over 100k HP and does an NP that hits the whole party for 9000, in addition to every regular attack hitting for 1000-2000 (that's every single one, so if you're unlucky enough to have the same character attacked a few times in the same turn it can instantly take them from full health to dead). I ended up with no one left but Jeanne at about 2,000 HP.

I guess I'll finally spend some of the ~110 shards I've saved up over course of all the story content + daily login bonuses. Was wanting to wait until I had unlocked Nero and whoever is unlocked from the first chapter.

edit: Is anyone else getting an error when they try and do friend point rolls?

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 15, 2015

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yeesh, and I just got finished getting my rear end handed to me by Waver/Caster and Kid Iskander.

I've been using Caster Hans Christian Andersen (Fate/Extra CCC) in my party since his NP heals and buffs. He's been pretty great to use so far, hope I can ascend him soon (I need some goddamn EXP cards game :argh: )

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Compendium posted:

Yeesh, and I just got finished getting my rear end handed to me by Waver/Caster and Kid Iskander.

I've been using Caster Hans Christian Andersen (Fate/Extra CCC) in my party since his NP heals and buffs. He's been pretty great to use so far, hope I can ascend him soon (I need some goddamn EXP cards game :argh: )

It seems like you pretty much have no choice but to get XP cards from the dailies, as quests never give more than 1 star ones.

I just realized, isn't the end of chapter 2 currently the hardest content in the game? I guess it would kind of make sense; I relied almost entirely upon my Jeanne and my level 45 Attila support (with the latter being completely necessary for her damage). Even if you had a full party of level 25-30s, it probably wouldn't be enough if you didn't have at least one really heavy hitting higher level character and/or character with more than 5,000 or so HP.

edit: So I did one multi-roll with my stones and got four 4-star craft essences and not a single servant. Oh well, not a huge deal; what I already have is pretty decent.
edit2: Did my second multi-roll and this time got mostly servants; 2 Mephistopheles, 3 Lu Bus, and the 5-star Vlad. I hear he's not that great*, but I'm not exactly going to complain since that makes two 5-stars out of the three multirolls I've done in the game so far.

Gonna be a tough call choosing which Berserker to level up now. I already have my Spartacus at 22, I have 3 Lu Bu's (and thus a level 3 NP with him) who is also supposed to be good, and I have the 5 star that I guess is theoretically the best at max level. I guess I might as well focus on the 5 star since I no longer need to cultivate a party for the story missions.

*Actually, after looking at his skills/stats he seems pretty strong at max level. Apparently the biggest problem is that he only has 2 Buster cards, so he can't do a Buster Brave Chain. At least the extra Arts will help build up his NP (and I really needed a good single target NP, so that's nice).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 15, 2015

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

klapman posted:

spiral paradox is still the best loving type-moon story, imo. just rewatched it last night, and I might watch it again tonight if I decide to lose my mind
Spiral Paradox is peak Type-Moon imo.

You have good drama, some crazy creepy scenes, a plot that's both completely insane yet totally consistent
when you think about it, and Jouji Nakata.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Paradox Spiral is very good and I never get tired of reading/hearing people's first reaction to it.

Game talk: Weird, the Daily Quests at the Gate haven't reset for me for some reason. I've cleared most everything, but no new quests have popped up.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Aug 15, 2015

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
10 or so more hours. It's going by Japan time, not your's.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

InfinityComplex posted:

10 or so more hours. It's going by Japan time, not your's.

It actually hasn't reset since yesterday even by Japan time.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ah, I just noticed that I can actually do one of those servant "interlude" quests, since my Spartacus has been ascended once. They appear to have some extra dialogue + a few battles. The difficulty seems a bit higher than the other missions in the corresponding area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Ytlaya posted:

*Actually, after looking at his skills/stats he seems pretty strong at max level. Apparently the biggest problem is that he only has 2 Buster cards, so he can't do a Buster Brave Chain. At least the extra Arts will help build up his NP (and I really needed a good single target NP, so that's nice).

Vlad's only "problem" is that he can't Buster Brave Chain, but he has Battle Continuation A, so if he dies, he just gets back up. Unlike Battle Continuation B, this doesn't just keep him around for an extra 3 turns, he straight-up has an extra life. Also he can drain an enemy's skill/NP gauge.