Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

Warriors Orochi 1 is better, and has a pc port, if you don't want to use an emulator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Warriors Orochi Z is on PC and is a 1080p 1&2 combo game. And it owns.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
One Piece Musou is coming later this month with hopefully being a good port (Tokiden was the only real disaster port)

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
DW8 was a bad port at launch, but they fixed it so it works more than half of the time. They'll probably have Toukiden fixed in another month or so too.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Takoluka posted:

Warriors Orochi Z is on PC and is a 1080p 1&2 combo game. And it owns.

Is there an english version of it?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Cynic Jester posted:

Is there an english version of it?

I wish. :( But there are full guides to Orochi 1 and 2, as well as the extra content (as it was put into Orochi 2 PSP), so if you can stomach the JP, you can still have tons of fun.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Elliotw2 posted:

DW8 was a bad port at launch, but they fixed it so it works more than half of the time. They'll probably have Toukiden fixed in another month or so too.

I got it at launch and it worked perfectly though. :confused:

Are you confusing it with DW8 Empires? That's the one that got later patches that had to fix issues.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Someone doesn't own an AMD processor.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

Elliotw2 posted:

Someone doesn't own an AMD processor.

I have an AMD processor and both DW8 and Empires work perfectly fine for me?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Little Abigail posted:

I have an AMD processor and both DW8 and Empires work perfectly fine for me?

Same. :iiam:

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

At launch I and a lot of other people got black screens or instant crashes, but it works now.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

new arslan characters

alfreed uses daggers and a bow, kishward dual swords. also some details on the gameplay

Additionally, the images offer another look at the game’s combat system. The “Charge Shift” action will allow players to switch between weapons during combo attacks and chain combos longer than usual. In traditional Warriors games, you can chain a combo of about five to six normal and Charge Attacks, but through Arlsan‘s Charge Shift, by switching weapons while connecting combos, you can chain up to 14. The last attack of your combo will be a flash “Finish Attack.” If you defeat an enemy using Charge Shift, you’ll gain more experience and might even get rare item drops.

You’ll also get a look at “Skill Cards,” which are how you’ll strengthen your characters. You can acquire new Skill Cards by defeating enemies and clearing scenarios, and then equip them to your characters. There are over 200 cards to collect, each with their own unique skill effects. Of course, this is an addition to leveling your characters traditionally.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
Gamefly's PS4 stores only has like 7 used games, but 1 is Bladestorm Nightmare for $20 and another is Toukiden for $38.

That's the lowest I've seen Bladestorm, though I'm still worried I'm going to regret it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Well thanks for the head's up, because 20 bucks is about the point where I'm willing to crack.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Gamefly's PS4 stores only has like 7 used games, but 1 is Bladestorm Nightmare for $20 and another is Toukiden for $38.

That's the lowest I've seen Bladestorm, though I'm still worried I'm going to regret it.

I would really just wait for a steam sale this winter to see if it goes lower. It's honestly pretty boring even as far as musou.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

It's an interesting but fundamentally flawed experiment because KT didn't have the balls to actually make you have to use strategy, so you can just beat pretty much anything with whatever you favourite weapon type is as long as you level it sufficiently. Also the station mechanic further breaks an already easy game because it effectively gives you infinite money and XP for doing nothing.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Some details about Attack on Titan are out.

quote:

The project began from around the end of 2013 into January and February 2014.

It’s an action game that factors in the elements of being “united with your companions” and the “sacrifice of your companions.” It’s different from what many refer to as a “hunting game.”

The game also incorporates ideas offered by the original author Hajime Isayama.

The game will follow the original story written by Hajime Isayama.

As an action game, Koei Tecmo wants to establish an image where players can move around the world of Attack on Titan as they like. It won’t be a ‘defeat the enemy, progress the story’-type game. At its core, it’s an action game and within that, players will be able to understand the story.

The game will start from the beginning of the original story.

From its initial planning, Koinuma was moving forward with the title on his own. After becoming managing director of Koei Tecmo in April, Koinuma’s connection to the project became difficult, but he did not move away from development and supervised the game’s direction and management.

The game is being developed with PlayStation 4 as the lead platform. Previously, Koei Tecmo would base its games on PlayStation 3, brush it up for PlayStation 4, and release a PlayStation 3-level handheld version for PS Vita. This time, PlayStation 4 is being given priority.

The game’s action parts have been built and scrapped over three times—repeated trial and error. The story, side elements, and systems are doing well, though. Somehow, Koei Tecmo wants to release it in Japan “this winter.”

The 3D Manuever Gear is the most important element, making sure you move and fight comfortably with it and without compromise.

Whether or not the player takes on the role of Eren Yaeger is still a secret.

They plan to make the action draw you in with quick and elegant take downs.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

The only 'hunting games' I'm aware of are licensed by Cabella's... what the hell point of reference am I supposed to have here?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Monster Hunter and it's clones are what they mean.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

5er posted:

The only 'hunting games' I'm aware of are licensed by Cabella's... what the hell point of reference am I supposed to have here?

Monster Hunter style games

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Ah ok. Japanese Cabellas with dinosaurs.

I'm aware of the Titans show; I'm not sure how the hell anyone would expect a Monster Hunter-like out of that.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

5er posted:

I'm aware of the Titans show; I'm not sure how the hell anyone would expect a Monster Hunter-like out of that.

:confused:

Cabela's are pretty much the polar opposite of Monster Hunter games. In one of them, you go and shoot down 35 fleeing rabbits in a minute "for dinner" (like anyone would). On the other, you hunt one gigantic-rear end aggressive monster rabbit for 35 minutes, to use its fur as armor, its bones as weapons, its organs to brew potions and its ears to wear as a hat.

Might as well describe Dynasty Warriors as a hunting game, you're constantly hunting enemy officers down, and Lu Bu is hunting you

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I've played the games man, I was just following through on the joke thing. I know it didn't fit.

Lu Bu riding around on a Deviljho would absolutely be the worst thing on earth though.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

5er posted:

Nah, Monster Hunter is just Punch Really Strong Monsters In The Face Who Can One Shot You Simulator. It's a twitchy and melodramatic game about grinding monster parts so you can build better weapons to punch really strong monsters etc. with.

Cabelas is about shooting the same wolf in the face a dozen times over and over. Somehow, an ancient Native American curse is involved, except you're in Africa.

quote:

Lu Bu riding around on a Deviljho would absolutely be the worst thing on earth though.

im the invincible wei yan with insect glaive

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

5er posted:

I need this. You could take Lu Bu's antenna as materials!

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Didn't they make Strikeforce to try and get the Monster Hunter money?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Elliotw2 posted:

Didn't they make Strikeforce to try and get the Monster Hunter money?

They were going for the hub / mission thing, and in a way it evolved into the 'Ambition Mode' thing in 8, from what I could tell. Toukiden would be more Omega Force trying to get the Monster Hunter money.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah I was thinking Toukiden too.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

Elliotw2 posted:

At launch I and a lot of other people got black screens or instant crashes, but it works now.

I got them both at launch as well. Guess I was one of the lucky ones.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Would Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate be worth it for around $25 if I'm jonesing for a Dynasty Warriors fix on the Xbox One or is it outdated and will be replaced with a newer game soon? I'm familiar with and enjoy the DW story/campaign maps and have never played a Samurai Warriors game.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Charles Martel posted:

Would Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate be worth it for around $25 if I'm jonesing for a Dynasty Warriors fix on the Xbox One or is it outdated and will be replaced with a newer game soon? I'm familiar with and enjoy the DW story/campaign maps and have never played a Samurai Warriors game.

WO4 isn't happening for a while, if ever, so as someone who has bought it twice, I say go for it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Charles Martel posted:

I spent $25 on WO3 a few months ago when it went on sale, and it was one of the best $25 I ever spent on a game. I've played it for countless hours and I still have not unlocked every character or finished every stage, not to mention dueling mode and gauntlet mode (each of which could easily be their own game). WO3 Ultimate has an absurd amount of content, I would say it is the best Warriors game currently available, despite some titles being newer.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Yeah, I might just go ahead and grab it. The last Warriors game I played the poo poo out of was Dynasty Warriors 3. As dated as it probably is nowadays, I loved it. If the battles are similar to that in WO3, then it would be perfect.

Is it worth buying the extra stage/battlefield packs like this one?

DKD
Dec 25, 2011
On that note, what WO3 DLC would be worth picking up? The eshop descriptions are not very helpful.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Charles Martel posted:

Yeah, I might just go ahead and grab it. The last Warriors game I played the poo poo out of was Dynasty Warriors 3. As dated as it probably is nowadays, I loved it. If the battles are similar to that in WO3, then it would be perfect.

Is it worth buying the extra stage/battlefield packs like this one?

I ended up buying all of the stage pack DLCs, they are all pretty well done though some are a better value than others. The first 5 or so all come with a poo poo load of music tracks, if you are going to get any of the DLC get that, as the music tracks are pretty bad rear end and give some more variety to gauntlet/duel mode. They don't add any actual new "stages", they are just new scenarios on the original stages, but they do highlight a bunch of characters that the base game only give one or two scenarios worth of development.

I wouldn't bother getting the costume packs at all, each character comes with 5-6 costumes to unlock in the base game, and there is a colour editor so you can make a neon orange Lu Bu if that fancies you.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Did Samurai Warriors 4 do the SW1 thing where they brought in branching paths, or was that one-time deal only?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there's like 2 missions or so that branch. not very noteworthy

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Davincie posted:

there's like 2 missions or so that branch. not very noteworthy

On top of that, they don't branch based on things you do in the previous mission. You can just choose a side.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Charles Martel posted:

If there was ever a warriors game worth full price it would be WO3U, it's a steal at 25 bucks considering the sheer amount of stuff in the game. It's a bit more challenging than other warriors games well, even a group of mooks can own you if you don't pay attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Never noticed the ransoms being particularly dangerous but yeah, eat the wrong enemy Musou to the face and you'd better have been making use of those interim saves.