Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

King Burgundy posted:

Kumba apparently picked a really rad role to be saddled with that crazy post restriction.

Would vote for this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

So what's the story here

random events happen in thread, I can do it once per day

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.

imgay posted:

on mcc?

Nope, just looking for someone to help me take down the heretics.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Chic Trombone posted:

Deadline's a stupidly long amount of time out so I assume everyone's pretty much tuned out until a) a thread event happens or b) a few hours before deadline, because let's be real it's Day 1 and there's nothing much to really discuss here

:rolleyes: So generate some discussion then. Call someone scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I can't believe you folks lost. Wow.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Scummiest post as of this point in my re-read. ##vote Quidnose

How is this scummy?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Would vote for this post

Hah. How was that one scummy? You are really weird.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
We are the only friends we have
And if there’s nothing left
And I fall, we don’t fall apart

We’re all just weird kids in the end
We’re all just weird kids

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:agreed:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Mafia Edit: agreeing with KingB.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

We are the only friends we have
And if there’s nothing left
And I fall, we don’t fall apart

We’re all just weird kids in the end
We’re all just weird kids

is this earthbound

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

How is this scummy?

First post of the game and he is celebrating someone losing their night action without even having an alignment call? It's certainly not a townie post, if that's what you are thinking.

A little defensive there KB? You two partners or something?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

First post of the game and he is celebrating someone losing their night action without even having an alignment call? It's certainly not a townie post, if that's what you are thinking.

What?

What is this?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Nope. I think you are making weird calls and I want to hear your reasoning.

I'm pretty sure I've played with you before and you weren't like this.

##vote Which Way Madness

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

Hah. How was that one scummy? You are really weird.

Most people who think someone has a really powerful role down go out of their way to allude to that fact.

Yes, I know it is a cyor. Point stands.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i think you need to re-look at the post you quoted dude

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

wait no, i'm blind and cannot read. gahhhh

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Most people who think someone has a really powerful role down go out of their way to allude to that fact.

Yes, I know it is a cyor. Point stands.

Is this sarcasm? Can you speak in English please?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

Is this sarcasm? Can you speak in English please?

No.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

Nope. I think you are making weird calls and I want to hear your reasoning.

I'm pretty sure I've played with you before and you weren't like this.

##vote Which Way Madness

Lol at you faking meta to try to allay suspicion.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Asiina posted:

What?

What is this?

It's a forum post.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

It's a forum post.

Oh, okay.

##vote WWM

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lol at you faking meta to try to allay suspicion.

What suspicion, crazy person?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Did you know what this would do?

no way i didnt even know i have different kind of swords i just thought imgay would be able to deal swift justice to his foes

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

One of the people in the challenge was scum imo

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Probably. I got a bonus to the event (although not the same bonus a 1000ad person would have given), so either Gato is buff or we were sabotaged.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Is that part of your role? I don't have anything in my pm referencing challenges

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Asii reaching p quick

You know this was my initial reaction as well but in thinking about it more I'm pausing now, because what does she have to gain as scum by doing this?

If her being scum did make them lose the fight, then it's unnecessarily painting a target on herself.

If her being scum didn't contribute to that, then it's also unnecessarily painting a target on the three of them, with herself as scum included.

What's more interesting to me is that you floated this idea but didn't seem to think about it at all like I just did. Part of the reason I was suspicious of it was because the two potato av's in a row made it look like she posted four times about it but it was actually you...and you would know that since you were involved in the exchange, so you wouldn't have that outside observer "why is Asiina freaking out over this" kneejerk like I did.

What gives, Taste?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

In Avalon/Resistance I have a tendency to throw the first game as scum, simply because of the target it paints on you

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Is that part of your role? I don't have anything in my pm referencing challenges

Everyone gets a bonus if the event is in their time/dimension, that's in the OP. My character instead gets a lesser bonus to any event, but has no home location to a get a full bonus in.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quidnose posted:

You know this was my initial reaction as well but in thinking about it more I'm pausing now, because what does she have to gain as scum by doing this?

If her being scum did make them lose the fight, then it's unnecessarily painting a target on herself.

If her being scum didn't contribute to that, then it's also unnecessarily painting a target on the three of them, with herself as scum included.

What's more interesting to me is that you floated this idea but didn't seem to think about it at all like I just did. Part of the reason I was suspicious of it was because the two potato av's in a row made it look like she posted four times about it but it was actually you...and you would know that since you were involved in the exchange, so you wouldn't have that outside observer "why is Asiina freaking out over this" kneejerk like I did.

What gives, Taste?

I didn't think she was freaking out, just that it was a relatively illogical move. I didn't really assume it had to have failed because of scum. It's not like Avalon, where it's clear that scum need them to fail, so why would they stick their necks out at all?

It read to me like overcompensation, playing up the failure more so than I felt about it

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Guys doing today's event, YOUR FIRED

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

imgay posted:

Guys doing today's event, YOUR FIRED

I am pretty ashamed of myself. But I'm more ashamed of my party membera, whose fault it clearly is.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mith, what do you think of Asii?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

I didn't think she was freaking out, just that it was a relatively illogical move. I didn't really assume it had to have failed because of scum. It's not like Avalon, where it's clear that scum need them to fail, so why would they stick their necks out at all?

It read to me like overcompensation, playing up the failure more so than I felt about it

Does it make you feel one way or the other about Asiina?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't like that you're seemingly presenting an opinion on Asiina but in actuality aren't, and are now asking Mith to give you an opinion. That's fishy as hell.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I stand by my suspicion of her, I thought it would be apparent from my explanation but I guess not

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

And given that she and I have both weighed in on how we feel I'd like him to also beyond just claiming it couldn't be his fault

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So let's say I have a vig, who would be a better kill between taste and Asiina?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'd rather live, I like my cool randomizer role

• Locked thread