Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

FreudianSlippers posted:

Also it's really stressed by several different characters that Tyrion is basically mini-Tywin and that's probably one of the reasons Tywin hates him so much. If anything Cersei and Jamie are the secret Targaryens what with all the twincest.

And that they would be the only pregnancy that makes chronological sense. Didn't their mother stay at the Rock when Tywin was in court? After the bedding shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Normally the home team is the Staten Island Yankees... but for one night only, they are changing their name to the Staten Island Direwolves, and will be wearing special jerseys. The visitors, normally the Hudson Valley Renegades, will be clad in gold and red jerseys emblazoned with the Lion of Lannister. So it will be Winterfell v. Casterly Rock once more.

The first 2500 attendees that night will get free baseball caps with the Direwolf logo (above). Also, we will be having a special fund-raising lottery on behalf of the Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary, and the winners will take home the actual Stark and Lannister game jerseys worn by the players.

Glad the book is coming along well.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If the Dire wolves win then that game is not canon.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

That cross-promotion makes sense, since the Staten Island Yankees are also absolute fuckers.

https://twitter.com/AaronFisch/status/630485465087479808/photo/1

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

If the Dire wolves win then that game is not canon.

They will win but it will be in the 85th inning.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Hoooo boy, George. :ughh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Those scenes where The Hound murders guys and treats Sansa like garbage sure sound sexy.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Who tells an author hey when you put this on tv please don't gently caress with my head canon because I fully intend to furiously blast my business with wild abandon and you would ruint it for me if you made the hound too old.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Krinkle posted:

Who tells an author hey when you put this on tv please don't gently caress with my head canon because I fully intend to furiously blast my business with wild abandon and you would ruint it for me if you made the hound too old.

Fans since time immemorial. Obligatory "religious zealot :smug:" comment.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Elio called the Alayne preview chapter 'controversial' because Sansa flirts with Harry and nowhere is Sandor even mentioned

Then in the TV show Sansa is raped by Ramsay Bolton

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
There is supposedly a "controversial" Sansa chapter that was removed from ADWD - I don't think it's the one we saw.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Evil Fluffy posted:

Those scenes where The Hound murders guys and treats Sansa like garbage sure sound sexy.

you could say he was a Professional :swoon:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Sandor is acting out of his own insecurities when he's being a dick to Sansa. I mean, obviously he's a borderline pedophile and he's also infatuated with her so it's all kinda creepy but he is also protective of her and despite him mockingly styling her a 'stupid bird' he actually opens up to her and gives her some solid advice. I don't really think that GRRM is surprised at people finding Sandor to be sexy & dangerous given that he purposefully wrote him that way and has Sansa get turned on thinking about him in the books, his comment about 'poor old Sam' sounds somewhat mocking and tongue-in-cheek to me, though he did write 'fat pink mast' so who knows.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Is the new book out?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Is the new book out?

2016! The new Wild Cards book High Stakes will hit those shelves!

Seraph84
Aug 9, 2015

by XyloJW

Grendels Dad posted:

Oh God the show will make Bran into Walt from Lost and the White Walkers happened because Old Nan told Bran about them, calling it!
Bran is totes gonna mindsummon dragons and Nymeria wolf platoon to help defend the realm from Night King's invasion. If i don't get to see children of the forest using other more powerful magic next season / book I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Seraph84 posted:

I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

I can't even imagine how many levels of disappointment this series has waiting for you.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Seraph84 posted:

Bran is totes gonna mindsummon dragons and Nymeria wolf platoon to help defend the realm from Night King's invasion. If i don't get to see children of the forest using other more powerful magic next season / book I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

Oh, I believe this will happen as well. It will be an extremely uplifting moment, carefully designed to make the audience collectively pump their fists and go gently caress Yeah, and then Ramsay will stab Bran and the wolfs will turn on the dragons because they have secretly been working for Roose.

Bolton'ed!

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

And the 'Most redundant opening sentence' award goes to..........George RR Martin!

http://www.avclub.com/article/george-rr-martin-says-chill-game-thrones-ending-wi-223768

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Junkenstein posted:

And the 'Most redundant opening sentence' award goes to..........George RR Martin!

http://www.avclub.com/article/george-rr-martin-says-chill-game-thrones-ending-wi-223768

Absolute Fucker posted:

I haven’t written the ending yet, so I don’t know

He still doesn't know how this poo poo ends.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The best way to say gently caress you to the show for finishing first is the make it up as you go along in equal amounts as D&D do.

Planning things out is for people who can finish things.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Seraph84 posted:

Nymeria who??

I wonder if they'll go into Jon and Arya's warging at all next year on the show. Jon's may or may not save his life and now that they've actually blinded Arya I would hope they go down the warging into a cat road.

I don't think Nymeria's army will show up at all on TV, though I'm more than sure she'll be important in the books when poo poo goes down.

Like I can't even remember if they had any characters even allude to the pack of wolves on the show at all. I have the faintest of maybe made up memory that somebody might? have way early on, but probs not. Would have had to have been S2 or 3.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

kcroy posted:

Which is weird because I know how it ends. It ends with him slumped over on a couch in a puddle of his own feces. An ancient slice of pizza hanging from his agape mouth as his lifeless eyes stare blankly at a paused scene of Maisie Williams on his 20" Zenith TV.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Which is weird because I know how it ends. It ends with him slumped over on a couch in a puddle of his own feces. An ancient slice of pizza hanging from his agape mouth as his lifeless eyes stare blankly at a paused scene of Maisie Williams on his 20" Zenith TV.

sometimes I wonder what the gently caress is wrong with people who come up with stuff like this.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

TommyGun85 posted:

sometimes I wonder what the gently caress is wrong with people who come up with stuff like this.

Read Bad Threads I-V, then all of this one.

zocio
Nov 3, 2011

TommyGun85 posted:

Yeah, I guess his tv is bigger than 20', also, he forgot to specify season's 1-4 Maisie.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Well, they wouldn't let him be Theon's stand-in for Sansa's rape.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TommyGun85 posted:

He says in the gurm thread....

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

And that very night GRRM lay down at his desk and wrote three words.

FAT. PINK. MAST.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

420 Gank Mid posted:

And that very night GRRM lay down at his desk and wrote three words.

FAT. PINK. MAST.

I imagine when they find him, he'll be dead in the middle of a room with the words "fat pink mast" scrawled thousands upon thousands of times all over the walls.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

TommyGun85 posted:

I was wondering the same thing about the people who don't.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

he spent hours brainstorming different ways to describe sam's cock, but couldn't come up with anything until one night he woke up in a cold sweat, ran to his apple 2e and typed the most beautiful phrase in the english language

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
oh ya, sorry bout that. forgot what thread I was in

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

kcroy posted:

Yeah but the journey is better than the fat, messy poo poo we make when we die

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

he spent hours brainstorming different ways to describe sam's cock, but couldn't come up with anything until one night he woke up in a cold sweat, ran to his apple 2e and typed the most beautiful phrase in the english language

Someone on the tumblr did a loving pages-long essay trying to :goonsay: deconstruct the importance :goonsay: of "fat pink mast" as to Sam's mindset or some poo poo about his role in the Night's Watch. I wish I'd saved the link because it was basically the epitome of terrible reading into poo poo.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

TommyGun85 posted:

oh ya, sorry bout that. forgot what thread I was in

good job on the pwnage

Iggles
Nov 24, 2004

By Jove! Commoners!

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Read Bad Threads I-V, then all of this one.
It's interesting actually that the first thread was completely positive and full of bookchat then the Bad Thread began, it started turning on grrm halfway through iirc

The peak / nadir was probably kylaer writing more words than grrm

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Iggles posted:

It's interesting actually that the first thread was completely positive and full of bookchat then the Bad Thread began, it started turning on grrm halfway through iirc

At this point if you have two posts with a couple of paragraphs here...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Iggles posted:

Are there still people who hardcore whiteknight for Grrm? I remember they used to be all over the place, but you can even criticize him at Westeros nowadays, as long as you don't get into personal insult territory.