Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Also, I can get all the free soft serve icecream I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Also, I can get all the free soft serve icecream I want.

same, but i get it from the golden corral allyou can eat

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

imgay posted:

same, but i get it from the golden corral allyou can eat

Well I dont feel special anymore.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I thought location might be an issue if you were down for work. We can have a think, if there's somewhere a short bus from Olympic park for you would that still work?

Thanks 100yrs, I tried not to murder you and succeeded.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Where exactly in Syd olympic park? And 15 hour days doesn't sound conducive to doing anything. Is it an FIFO kind of deal, or can you get some elbow room before and after when the work days start/end?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Fv works some sort of nerd cosplay conference over the weekend iirc. They dress up as their favourite seafood animes

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
So, what game should I join?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm down for a conference Monday-Monday. The evenings on Monday to Thursday are all taken up with work events. I do have Fri/Sat/Sun evening off, although Sunday I usually end up working late and the rugby final is on so Olympic park is a nightmare of people/closed roads.

I'm ok with going somewhere easy to get to via train, since the train station is right outside my hotel, but it absolutely has to involve sitting down since I spend the whole week walking around, and dont be surprised when I'm ready to go to bed at 9pm, since I start every morning at about 7am (and obviously have to get ready earlier than that).

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

busb posted:

Fv works some sort of nerd cosplay conference over the weekend iirc. They dress up as their favourite seafood animes

Dude, I told you that in secret.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Samfucius posted:

So, what game should I join?

This one

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734881

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

And you can't get down a couple days early or leave a couple days later? It's a shame you can't do some touristing down here.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

busb posted:

worse, an EB games convention

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Amoeba102 posted:

And you can't get down a couple days early or leave a couple days later? It's a shame you can't do some touristing down here.

I'd rather not be away from home any longer. No offence, but I've been to Sydney a million times.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'd rather not be away from home any longer. No offence, but I've been to Sydney a million times.
you should totally just stay one extra day and celebrate with us

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That's fair enough.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Wow, you're a natural.

Hahahaha. Thanks?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

worse, an EB games convention

Guess you dont want those free tickets then?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Mar 27, 2020

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my colon is in severe pain after eatting all those grapes

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Guess you dont want those free tickets then?
i thought you were one of those can take a joke types :p

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
That is A Bad Post.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Awkward joke. Scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hello mafia thread. I hear you've been asking about me :smug:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I wasn't!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sorry, who are you?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hi rar hope you're well

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

Hi rar hope you're well

I'm hungover and leave for work in 20 minutes :(

How are you?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Rarity posted:

Sorry, who are you?

Rarity posted:

I'm hungover

only copious drinking can destroy my memory :sax:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Hello mafia thread. I hear you've been asking about me :smug:

I was. I had noticed a distinct lack of nefariousness in the games I've been playing recently.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

ljtrigirl posted:

Oh, yeah. Lumpen.
Glad to see you joined!

And guys... remember this?

merk posted:

A Real Conversation:

Lumpen: "hold on, Merk is the world's mafia champion. Literally."

Woman: "you mean you played in the POG 2+2 world mafia tournament?"

Merk: *stares*
"Woman" = ljtrigirl

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey lumpen what is your relation to ljtrigirl if she went with you to chicago? since you live in korea? but she's in your gaming group?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

EccoRaven posted:

hey lumpen what is your relation to ljtrigirl if she went with you to chicago? since you live in korea? but she's in your gaming group?
I moved back to Indianapolis from Korea in 2012. In 2013 I started going to a local boardgaming meetup on Tuesday nights. The guy who hosts it was so impressed with my Game of Thrones Board Game prowess that he introduced me to his sister and I immediately married her and we created a baby, the Golden Newbie foretold in the prophecy. Now you are up to date on my life.

Last year, ljtrigirl also started showing up at that meetup. She's the other Werewolf/Avalon fanatic of the group. Merk is sometimes in Indy for work and has come to the game night 3 or 4 times. The last time he was there, his world champion of mafia status came up in the course of an Avalon game and she asked where we play online, so I invited her to join our lovely community. She's cool. Don't underestimate her deviousness.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
the newbie that was promised, who shall sing a song of votes and liars.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
ecco's game just needs 3 more to start. :getin:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Lumpen posted:

ecco's game just needs 3 more to start. :getin:

it'll probably start an hour after I get those three players, probably definitely.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Welcome!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
And here I was thinking she was just a split personality of lumpens, but without his crippling aspegers.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Lumpen is a very normal person.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

merk posted:

Lumpen is a very normal person.
Merk, please don't break kayfabe.

I, Lumpen, am an advanced black budget research project to create the ultimate enhanced interrogation technique through weaponizing Mafia skill. Opposing me in Mafia is more unpleasant than waterboarding, and I get results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Lumpen posted:

Merk, please don't break kayfabe.

I, Lumpen, am an advanced black budget research project to create the ultimate enhanced interrogation technique through weaponizing Mafia skill. Opposing me in Mafia is more unpleasant than waterboarding, and I get results.

RETURN OF THE MACK