Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

CapitalistPig posted:

There is still a small chance you could lose though so be careful!

People from 1000AD will get a bonus to this Event if they join the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm gonna go to bed at 3:40 and nothing will stop me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, I see that, but I'm asking if you have any information that could help determine what happened

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Yeah, I see that, but I'm asking if you have any information that could help determine what happened

Just what I've said so far. I know I provided some sort of bonus, and Pig said there was a small chance we might lose. We could have been super unlucky, or there could have been a sabotage in effect. My PM said things were exciting, but we lost in the end. Basically what's already been paraphrased.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Taste looking super rolefishy and is all over the place, scum found.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quidnose posted:

Taste looking super rolefishy and is all over the place, scum found.

Dude already role claimed, stop trying so hard

Maybe if you find yet another unconvincing angle you can get your lynch

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's past my bedtime

No discipline smh

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Last post:

Read quid as scum trying to set up a lynch any which way on someone they think will be easy, tell me if you buy it

Night~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

OMGUS.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Nah, it's the method in which you're "scum hunting"

Three people have found me scummy itt, you're the only one jumping around every which way and trying to say things I haven't said

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Except you did say them, as I showed. You've been entirely inconsistent with what you do and don't know and everything you're doing now looks like trying to cover that up, including throwing shade on me in an attempt to discredit my case as opposed to responding point by point as to how it is inaccurate. You haven't done that. That is scummy.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

No, you straight up owned the fact that you were wrong. Don't pretend you didn't.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

"You did this"

"I actually did the exact opposite in a grandstanding fashion"

"Yeah well I can't tell your avatars apart"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That is one statement of error in the midst of a whole bunch of other points you have still not responded to at all. Classic scum misdirection.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I've posted considerably more than you on every possibility you brought up and many you haven't.

I really don't think I missed anything you posted about, but even if I did, I wouldn't be that concerned. I'm more interested in directing opop's vig to a useful target and scum hunting than painstakingly addressing every one of your weak gotcha masterstrokes

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
hey y'all good morning

as far as sabotaging bleh bleh bleh why would scum on the mission sabotage, wouldn't they have as much to gain from it succeeding as town? Like where did this concept come form that only town wants SP to buy sweet elixers and tonics? Scum like tonic too. Y'all have phoenix downs syndrome or soemthing

lmao jk jk XD

I kind of don't get some of tastes logic in his explanation, and he says things as if they are facts but they are based on some hypothesis he has that as far as I know is completely unconfirmed, but my gut is still telling me that him and quidnose are townies slap fighting

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I can't stand it I know you planned it
I'm gonna set it straight, this watergate
I can't stand rocking when I'm in here
Because your crystal ball ain't so crystal clear
So while you sit back and wonder why
I got this loving thorn in my side
Oh my God, it's a mirage
I'm tellin' y'all it's sabotage

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

After sleeping on it it probably makes the most sense that it was just a coin flip or something, given that everyone seems to agree they didn't actually do anything after signing up

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

If I was scum I would want to gather those sweet sweet points and buy things.

So I don't really buy that someone on the mission would sabotage in this case. I guess I can buy external sabotage, but I don't know that I find it particularly likely.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I think the fact that the mission resolved so quickly makes it unlikely there was an active external sabotage.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
You let me know that every chance you get you will protect me
But you're lying

Cause, you're using my love
You're using my love as a weapon

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This is a disappointing response to my solid case work.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I won't be coming home
But it don't matter what I do
You see it's just another day
Of disappointing you

All I ever wanted
Give you what you wanted
Seems like all I'm giving
Is nothing you can use

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quidnose posted:

This is a disappointing response to my solid case work.

If the conclusions don't smell right to anyone else, consider reexamination

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I think Kumba has slipped into dadaism.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Hello again
I still can't remember how this all began
One thing left to do
So I'm here now and I've got a gift for you

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Kumbamontu posted:

Hello again
I still can't remember how this all began
One thing left to do
So I'm here now and I've got a gift for you

Thanks! Is it bigger or smaller than a bread box?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

If the conclusions don't smell right to anyone else, consider reexamination

Two people have weighed in and you are strangely absent from spurring discussion. I am still happy with my casework, dad.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Mithross posted:

Thanks! Is it bigger or smaller than a bread box?

It's not the size that matters
'Cause if you use it wrong
It doesn't matter at all
If it is short or long

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Nobody has any opinions on anything? Are we just going to wait for the day to end or what? This is bo-ring :C

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I have a question: Kumba, does someone have to ask for/accept whatever it is you are talking about?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quidnose posted:

Two people have weighed in and you are strangely absent from spurring discussion. I am still happy with my casework, dad.

I didn't mean it as a snipe

I can't speak to whether your stubbornness is a town or scum tell :v:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
All the potatoes are scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Nobody has any opinions on anything? Are we just going to wait for the day to end or what? This is bo-ring :C

My current opinion is that WWM is scum. What do you think of him?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

My current opinion is that WWM is scum. What do you think of him?

I think his vote on me is bad especially if he actually believed you were rolefishing. In regards to scummy actions I think scum is much more likely to be subtle about a rolefsh than overt about their joy that someone got stumped for the day so it doesn't make a lot of sense to vote for me over you. It's odd. If he comes back in and is doing more of that I would definitely vote him.

What do you think of my stuff on Taste, I haven't seen you comment on it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

I think his vote on me is bad especially if he actually believed you were rolefishing. In regards to scummy actions I think scum is much more likely to be subtle about a rolefsh than overt about their joy that someone got stumped for the day so it doesn't make a lot of sense to vote for me over you. It's odd. If he comes back in and is doing more of that I would definitely vote him.

What do you think of my stuff on Taste, I haven't seen you comment on it.

It didn't really make much sense to me. I commented on the part that I had a solid opinion on, the possibility of sabotage. But a lot of your arguments against Taste didn't flow properly for me. It felt like you just didn't understand what he was saying.

Having said that, I thought his chasing of Asiina was also wrong. I didn't think that vote on Mithross as a scum who sabotaged the mission was in any way serious. As such, Taste's reaction was weird. But meh.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i forgot to have any opinions this game i think

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Nobody has a problem with this? Why does Taste know that scum know how they interact with the event? Why is he solidly stating this as fact instead of speculating?

Tremendous Taste posted:

Can you rephrase the bolded?

And in any scenario, scum know what's going to happen wrt their joining a mission, I don't follow

1) scum can choose to sabotage or succeed

2) scum can only attempt to sabotage

This isn't a speculation post!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I mean, I guess it wouldn't be the first game I've been in where scum slipped in a fairly obvious way (looks at Opop), but to me that just seemed like a continuation of his hypothetical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

King Burgundy posted:

I mean, I guess it wouldn't be the first game I've been in where scum slipped in a fairly obvious way (looks at Opop), but to me that just seemed like a continuation of his hypothetical.

:argh:

• Locked thread