Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quid you're treating something as common sense as assuming scum have power roles as some questionable leap in logic

It's really weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Quid you're treating something as common sense as assuming scum have power roles as some questionable leap in logic

It's really weird

This isn't what I'm doing at all. I'm not saying "how bizarre Taste thinks scum have abilities!", I'm saying "how bizarre that Taste is treating this as fact when it is purely speculation from many people and he has no in thread or, by his own admission, mod communication reasons to believe this is fact!"

You keep trying to discredit pieces of my argument instead of pointing out where it's factually incorrect or dismissing it as an incorrect interpretation. That's not making me feel better about you.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

We don't have confirmation that Gravity is going to maintain itself tomorrow or that the sun is coming up again and yet it's not unreasonable to say they will

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

We don't have confirmation that Gravity is going to maintain itself tomorrow or that the sun is coming up again and yet it's not unreasonable to say they will

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I guess you just might disagree, but I find that when faced with something of considerable likelihood it's better to act as if that's so rather than get caught up in every possibility. If you want to look back in past games to see that I do this scum or town, be my guest.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Your graphic doesn't fit your objection

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

I guess you just might disagree, but I find that when faced with something of considerable likelihood it's better to act as if that's so rather than get caught up in every possibility. If you want to look back in past games to see that I do this scum or town, be my guest.

Please explain to me what you are considering as the considerable likelihood in this situation. I have lost what you are claiming to be the fact of what happened here.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Your graphic doesn't fit your objection

I know it was just the closest I could find and I like to be snide :v:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the likelihood is that if there is a sabotage mechanic, scum would know about it and know how to use it

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

the likelihood is that if there is a sabotage mechanic, scum would know about it and know how to use it

I've never taken offense to you suggesting that scum would know how to use their own mechanics, I have taken offense to you suggesting you're certain the mechanic is in place while at the same time saying you don't believe it is in place.

The fact that you're now framing this issue in this way when I believe if you look over my response to your initial statements you'll see that wasn't the way you were framing it is scummy as heck.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Legitimately, before today Taste has never said "why are you saying scum wouldn't know how to use their abilities or suggesting that they don't have any abilities, quid." That's so ridiculous a suggestion I can't even. This is a desperate framing to spin what he said before when it really, really, REALLY wasn't what he was saying!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I have maintained throughout two separate positions. Firstly, I believe that sabotage *could* occur. Second, I believe that it *did not* occur on our failed mission. these are not contradictory.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

They're also not helpful to float as an idea for the thread because they are entirely contradictory and say absolutely nothing about what happened or what you believe.

If I came in and posted "There could have been scum on that mission, but I don't BELIEVE there were any scum" and had absolutely no proof regarding either side of it but speculated heavily on the potential existence of scum and their potential involvement in the mission people would get hardcore on my case about distracting and whitenoising. Funny that I am getting on your case for that~

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't have time for this game tonight, but I will take Taste off my ignore list and read this back and forth tomorrow afternoon before deadline.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quidnose posted:

They're also not helpful to float as an idea for the thread because they are entirely contradictory and say absolutely nothing about what happened or what you believe.

If I came in and posted "There could have been scum on that mission, but I don't BELIEVE there were any scum" and had absolutely no proof regarding either side of it but speculated heavily on the potential existence of scum and their potential involvement in the mission people would get hardcore on my case about distracting and whitenoising. Funny that I am getting on your case for that~

This isn't what you were objecting to, though, through all your gotchas.

Even then, it's mischaracterizing the thread at the time of the discussion. Opop came in looking to kill someone on the mission, and I wanted to convince him it was a bad move. You're saying that's wasting time, more so than trying to hijack the thread about the specific way I make reasonable assumptions about mechanics?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You could take yourself off the cross too asii

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

This isn't what you were objecting to, though, through all your gotchas.

Prove it. Don't discredit my argument as having changed without backing it up to show me. That's lazy and continues your trend of random discrediting of my argument.

quote:

Even then, it's mischaracterizing the thread at the time of the discussion. Opop came in looking to kill someone on the mission, and I wanted to convince him it was a bad move. You're saying that's wasting time, more so than trying to hijack the thread about the specific way I make reasonable assumptions about mechanics?

Except that this isn't true:

Tremendous Taste posted:

I didn't think she was freaking out, just that it was a relatively illogical move. I didn't really assume it had to have failed because of scum. It's not like Avalon, where it's clear that scum need them to fail, so why would they stick their necks out at all?

It read to me like overcompensation, playing up the failure more so than I felt about it

This is before Opop chimes in, and once again, you present what happened as if you KNOW the mechanics of the event ("It's not like Avalon," how would you know how it worked from the information you received?)

I'm not hijacking the thread because of your phrasing of mechanics. Some of what you have explained is true, I can definitely see as I'm rereading over and over again how there are many times you are consistent in your claim that you were framing everything in two separate hypotheses. I have a problem with:

-The ways in which you have made subtle inferences about understanding far more about the mechanics of the event than you reasonably should from what everyone says they received
-Your contradictions regarding what you were saying
-The subtle discrediting of my argument that is not grounded in backed up facts

I've maintained those three points pretty consistently!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

quidnose you've accused me of basically everything short of being a bastard mod in disguise, I'm not going to keep having this battle with you when clearly you're the only one, either sincerely or not, buying what you're selling

that post is clear to understand

In avalon, the scum lose if events do not fail.

In mafia, the scum lose when they die.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you really want to vote me because I assume this is mafia and not resistance, that's your business. I'm comfortable owning that assumption

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The one thing that I found odd about Taste is this:

Tremendous Taste posted:

Is that part of your role? I don't have anything in my pm referencing challenges

Which given the OP mentions it at the very least, struck me as odd.

----

But in looking this up and rereading the first post just now, I just saw this for the first time:

CapitalistPig posted:

Be careful though, characters may have their own agenda and try to sabotage the event!

Which makes me feel a bit dumb for even questioning the sabotage thing. And makes me feel like maybe Taste just did the same thing and missed that line in the OP.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think your right, there are too many assumptions at this point, but still its wierd these talking points are the ones that are sticking and getting discussed at this point in the day. What we should really be talking about is who is the best Chrono waifu. My vote is definitely Macha, as I feel she is the most empowered woman in all the chrono-verse.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

imgay posted:

I think your right, there are too many assumptions at this point, but still its wierd these talking points are the ones that are sticking and getting discussed at this point in the day.

This is 100% faked content. Taste and I are dominating the thread with our argument, it's been basically two or three pages of us back and forth. There's absolutely no way you believe that everyone is discussing this.

Why are you chiming in with your awkward joke to look as if you're contributing?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Too pad out my resume later in the game when someone says i have no content

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

imgay actually submitted Jester this game, got it.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did not

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote quidnose

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Mithross posted:

I have a question: Kumba, does someone have to ask for/accept whatever it is you are talking about?

I can live my life with my patience
Living in the deep isolation
There's no need to ask the question:
I can live without the action

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

What's going on with this game? :\

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Lot of family issues :sun:

Anyway, gonna be around for a little bit, gonna catch up on the thread

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

Which makes me feel a bit dumb for even questioning the sabotage thing. And makes me feel like maybe Taste just did the same thing and missed that line in the OP.

Also from Pig

CapitalistPig posted:

Each event will be a story or mission that the first three people to ##join in thread will be sent on. based on the abilities of the three characters you will either succeed or fail, if you succeed every player on the team will win silver points, nothing if you fail.

CapitalistPig posted:

Party locked in!

Pm's will be sent momentarily!

The second quote could be a bit of a reach, but I just don't know why any PMs would have to go out if it was just a straight addition of Mith/Asiina/Taste. Asiina claimed to receive a loss PM, so if that is what this is referring to then I'm wrong. With the first quote, though, either they were all too weak (if this is true then 3 town folks can't take on Gato so how can we expect to win any of these challenges? Also seems unlikely since Mith got a bonus of some sort) or someone messed it up.

When Taste says he didn't receive anything about challenges in his PM when the OP says we all have abilities then I'm thinking he's a badguy, though.

##vote Taste

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you read closer you'd see I've already used my ability :greenangel:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

Quidnose (2): WHICH WAY MADNESS, JakeP
WHICH WAY MADNESS (2): King Burgundy, Asiina
imgay (1): Asiina, Chic Trombone, Asiina
Tremendous Taste (1): chaoslord
Asiina (1): EXAKT Science
Mithross (0): Asiina, Asiina

Not Voting (6): imgay, Magnus Gallant, Mithross, Opopanax, Quidnose, Tremendous Taste

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 14th, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. EDT

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Deadline in less than 3 hours fyi. We should probably do stuff.

I'll be MIA for a lot of it, but should make it back for the last half hour.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
With your feet on the air
And your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head'll collapse
If there's nothing in it
And then you'll ask yourself

Where is my mind?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I hate Kumba's post restriction.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Call it omgus if you like but I don't buy quiddy as sincere in what he's doing. I haven't really read wwm so ill do that but first

##vote quid

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Wwm is being a little unhelpful but that's weak for a vote d1

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

Call it omgus if you like but I don't buy quiddy as sincere in what he's doing. I haven't really read wwm so ill do that but first

##vote quid

Garbage vote. You have no case. Lazy lazy lazy scum.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd do something, but I'm covered in dog jizz right now

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quidnose posted:

Garbage vote. You have no case. Lazy lazy lazy scum.

Calm down, if every vote required a multipost case from town scum would win every game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I don't like WWM, that vote on Quidnose was super weak, and it was never revisited. WWM pointed out several scummy things KB did, even called him scum, but never actually changed votes.

##vote WWM

• Locked thread