Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

thepokey posted:

Essendon have been discussing getting rid of them, or are getting rid of them, but there was one other Vic club who already has (which seems to be Norf)

Good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

thepokey posted:

Essendon have been discussing getting rid of them, or are getting rid of them, but there was one other Vic club who already has (which seems to be Norf)

Essendon gave a press release saying they would be terminating commercial relationships with all betting agencies (they didn't have any to begin with :laffo:)

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Good game this, glad I made the 2hr drive in lovely Sydney traffic.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Essendon gave a press release saying they would be terminating commercial relationships with all betting agencies (they didn't have any to begin with :laffo:)

Yeah they said they were against betting advertising not pokies. I'm pretty sure they love the pokies as much as everyone else (except north).

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Hmm legs aren't supposed to bend that way...

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sydney just got two bad looking injuries in about 20 seconds. That Parker one ouch

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I cant watch replays of leg injuries. God drat that wasn't pretty live.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Learn to kick you criminal scum

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'm glad I'm not watching vision, that injury sounds awful. The Grandstand call is great, it's a real slug-out. And good news, no Goodes boos.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Diet Crack posted:

Counterpoint: The Dockers have named their strongest side in weeks. I think this is their first ever minor premiership on offer.

I think we will want to put the biggest score we can on the board and get back to the early season form.

If Freo win this one it'll even the derby ledger to 21-21, haven't been this close in 20 years.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

ewe2 posted:

I'm glad I'm not watching vision, that injury sounds awful. The Grandstand call is great, it's a real slug-out. And good news, no Goodes boos.

Amazing crowd here, I'm almost deaf with all the cheering :)

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Eagles just have too many key outs to be anything more than competitive imo

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
So that's the Pies sunk, right? Must be getting close to last drinks for Bucks.

edit: was that Parker with the funnily-bending leg?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

ewe2 posted:

Apparently the Pies cheer squad were booing and waving tissues.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

^^^^ really? must have been quiet boos, you couldn't hear it from the Grandstand mikes.

Yeah Pies are gone for the year. But Bucks is working to a longer time-frame, and they're on the improve.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I think Bucks is safe for another year.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
With such a young team being still in the finals race until tonight and having run some really good sides close in a few of their losses, I think Bucks is definitely safe.

Coach talks - Dew has turned down going any further in either the Carlton or Adelaide roles. Stewy Dew to Essendon at the end of next year? One can hope. Hell, a potato to Essendon at the end of 2016, one can hope.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
That giant picture of Eddie crying in the crowd is magnificent.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

thepokey posted:

Coach talks - Dew has turned down going any further in either the Carlton or Adelaide roles. Stewy Dew to Essendon at the end of next year? One can hope. Hell, a potato to Essendon at the end of 2016, one can hope.

Turned down Carlton, hasn't been contacted by Adelaide, is what he said on the radio. People seem convinced he's been promised the Sydney seat in a few years when Horse eventually leaves.

Also a suggestion Don Pyke isn't interested in leaving WA.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Aug 14, 2015

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Was expecting the Pies to get flogged and was pleasantly surprised with their performance. I think they'll improve next season.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Collingwood is a young team overperforming and if you are calling for buckley to go you must be high as gently caress

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
That was a terrible game of football.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
The replay of the 2011 preliminary they played beforehand was more exciting than that game, and I already knew who was going win the replay.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
gently caress me.

It's a weekend with a top two cross town fixture, one team needs to win to cement second, the other is clearly first on the ladder: Going to be a blindingly good game...

Eagles not playing:

NicNat
Macgovern
Lecras
Selwood

So the quality outs are four guys who could make Melbourne a top four contender...

Freo ins:

Johnson
Fyfe

This years Brownlow favorite and an all Australian who consistently week after week takes apart opposition forward lines...

lol

Spacman fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 14, 2015

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I've a sneaking suspicion Scott Selwood's told the Eagles he wants to leave and they've put him on ice.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Shmoses posted:

I've a sneaking suspicion Scott Selwood's told the Eagles he wants to leave and they've put him on ice.

And this is why players lead everyone on a merry dance before leading ladies and gentleman

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Selwood moving to Geelong isn't exactly new news tbqh. That's why he's been the sub for 3 weeks running.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Is he in the best 18? It seems pretty petulant to leave him out as some kind of punishment if it hurts the team.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
He's been carrying an injury all year, he's not 100%

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Spacman posted:

gently caress me.

It's a weekend with a top two cross town fixture, one team needs to win to cement second, the other is clearly first on the ladder: Going to be a blindingly good game...

Eagles not playing:

NicNat
Macgovern
Lecras
Selwood

So the quality outs are four guys who could make Melbourne a top four contender...

Freo ins:

Johnson
Fyfe

This years Brownlow favorite and an all Australian who consistently week after week takes apart opposition forward lines...

lol
Just changed my tip.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
This is the first hawks Geelong game since 2007 that I can't attend.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Saints keeping North in this with poo poo kicking.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Goddard had 12 touches and 5 marks in the second quarter, and the Bombers kicked 0 goals

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Come on saints

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
North are poo poo.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
6.11 kicking and 37 to 15 inside fifties. North better keep being poo poo.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

North are poo poo.

That's why I tipped saints :smuggo:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Rip in piss jems hird

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Hird is so gone.

Also Minson was playing like a man that knows he's gone at the end of the year. At one point in the fourth quarter in the VFL today he didn't even get his arms up in a ruck contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

That's why I tipped saints :smuggo:
The problem is I can never pick when North are going to do a Norf.

• Locked thread