Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
My theory is that AnonNarc extended the voting for today to try and get a mis lunch without the benefit of garth's flip and without proof of QPQ's results.

I actually agree with AnonNarc that it should be one of us lynched to test the data. I guess it was fairly predictable that AnonNarc would come out against me straight away, and it's also fairly predictable that I will ##vote AnonymousNarcotics

I agree that I went softer on Ecco after she gave me the sword, but I was straight back voting her when she said I stole it. I didn't steal it, she flipped scum. If I was also scum, why would she publicly accuse me of stealing it?

I've been completely straight with my actions and item use. And I haven't held on to the healing kit I took from QPQ night 1, I used it on QPQ last night.

I barely need to mention AnonNarc trying to rush the day Ecco was lynched. This forced vote seems like a similar play, rushing people into a decision without all the info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I really think birdstrike is scum, guys. So far, we have no reason to doubt that QPQ is lying about his ability. That means birdstrike has to be scum, since I'm not.

Looking back at his post history, his interactions with Ecco are really weird. He accuses Ecco of being scum the first couple days, and then drops it completely for a very long time. So once Ecco flipped, it's easy for him to be able to say "see, I thought he was scum from the beginning."

The interaction over the stolen item is so ridiculous it looks almost contrived. Just look at this post. It screams "Look at us, we're not on the same team!" It's not even a vote for scum, it's an OMGUS.

Also, Ecco gave him one of the silver swords (1-shot vig). It would be awfully convenient for scum to have that extra vig, and this was before we knew he was a thief so we weren't suspicious.

I know role does not necessarily correlate with alignment, but the way birdstrike has been using his role is scummy.

He stole a 1-shot protection on N1, which he still has, unless he used it last night. I'm basing this on this post

That's a long time to hold on to a protective item and not use it.

He also stole keane's shield, and when questioned about it, came up with an excuse that was some elaborate plan which involved him knowing exactly what item he was going to steal and what he was going to do the next day when scum targeted him.

Keane succinctly described the act here:

It's all very suspicious.

##vote birdstrike

Did you explain what you were doing when you tried to hammer while we were waiting for actions to complete and info to come in?

That is probably the biggest argument against you at the moment. Your case makes sense, but if we gotta pick between you two I want to be sure about what I am doing from both ends of this.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Also... Unless Garth could mess with people while jailed, one of the people left has the ability to screw with night actions.

It would seem strange that a person gets to make and distribute items And control people, or steal items and make somebody kill themselves.

Two power roles seems a bit much. So before we go down this road we need to look at all of it.

Who has power roles that are confirmed?

Who has a role that could be faked?

QPQ, if they were scum, could fake that role as they have knowledge of who is and is not scum. They could have produced results to cover a different action.

It is a huge risk, not one I would be willing to take, but it could be possible. So let's take some time here.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

gently caress it lets make OPop eat a bug.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Opop

Make Opop eat a bug!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I only get four more posts, but this one is necessary as groundwork: :siren:
Anarc, why did you not use that item yesterday when we lynched Ecco, a guy we knew from a public mod message would flip scum?

imgay, where are your results from last night?

Keane, I'm likely going to spend the next three posts convincing this thread that you and ANarc are scum, so you might want to do something about that.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I only get four more posts, but this one is necessary as groundwork: :siren:
Anarc, why did you not use that item yesterday when we lynched Ecco, a guy we knew from a public mod message would flip scum?

imgay, where are your results from last night?

Keane, I'm likely going to spend the next three posts convincing this thread that you and ANarc are scum, so you might want to do something about that.

I'm not scum. I know you want very badly for me to be scum, but I'm not. I'd point out that my public ability would be absolutely terrible for scum to have, scum would be unlikely to use it, and would definitely be unlikely to use it when there was not a single flipped scum so hiding among each other would be easier.

I was wrong on ecco but withdrew my support once I realized I was incorrect in my night action assumptions. Ecco was behaving as I would have expected a cop to behave, once they revealed they were not a cop my approach changed. We had no flipped cops.

I think, looking at night actions, if I am scum it would only be possible if I either I was bus driven night two, meaning that Opop is the lone remaining possibility as hypnotist scum, or QPQ is scum with me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

In short, if you think QDQ is town, Opop is definitely scum.

If you think QDQ is scum, well then he is scum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

##vote Opop

Make Opop eat a bug!

I'm going to have pancakes and you can't stop me

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Looks like we're not gonna get to use this extra lynch.

The reason I didn't use it yesterday is that I just didn't think of it. It probably would have been better, yes. Sorry.

Yes I explained the hammer on merk which did look really scummy and I can def see that from other people's pov. I was out with friends and my phone was dying. I wanted to make sure that we didn't no lynch (I think there was only an hour or so left until deadline). I and lots of other people thought merk was scum, so I figured we should lynch him, and exakt would still let us know the results of cpigs info, regardless of if the hammer had gone down.

I hope people show up bc it would be a waste of a p good item. I guess I kinda hosed up by hammering at night.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The horrible thing is that anarc, garth, opop and qpq are all scummy in my eyes.

I'd be willing to do ##vote Opop instead for now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

The horrible thing is that anarc, garth, opop and qpq are all scummy in my eyes.

I'd be willing to do ##vote Opop instead for now.

I'm feeling good about Opop + Garth.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Opop went nowhere

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

imgay posted:

Opop went nowhere

Ugggggghhhhh.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

If Opop went nowhere and Merk killed himself, unless there is another redirecter, QDQ is scum.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

We don't lose anything by not killing a second person we just delay the flip. I would be okay with that, so no vote for now.

I think QPQ is in a position to lie about things, but that doesn't mean they did. I want more info. I also think I'd like to have some clarification about what CPig can do.

Can we go back and list what actions were messed with and how?
I think there are clues there, and acum could be muddying the water by claiming disruptions that did not occur.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Wow I love naps! :sun:

garthoneeye, Emily Thorne, Town Combatant was executed day 5. Twilight until it isn't!

quote:

You are Emily Thorne. Years ago, your father was framed for a heinous crime he did not commit. In the years since, you have learned the art of trapcraft and intrigue, and recently learned that those responsible have entered the Tournament of Heroes. You have also entered, so that you can root them out and exact revenge.

You are a Town Combatant. You are a trained pit fighter and have entered into the Tournament of Ages to win fame, glory, and gold. You are vanilla town and have no powers; your weapon is your vote. However, your training does grant you a slight edge. If you have no items and take part in a challenge, you will get a slight bonus in that challenge. You win when all threats to town are eliminated

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Lynch ANarc or CCKeane tomorrow.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

What a useful post .

Merk, you should save your posts for ones more substantial, but please on your next mega post, has there EVER been a game where you did not consider me scummy?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Why on earth is Keane scum now?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

Why on earth is Keane scum now?

Merk literally always thinks I'm scum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

He didn't seem to before though, and the switch doesn't seem terribly logical

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
QPQ claimed to investigate merk and garth on N3. merk said he was redirected to garth that night, Roy jailed merk and I think imgay said he was roleblocked that night as well (I don't have my full spreadsheet with me it's at work).

It was suggested that merk and garth were bus driven that night based on merk's result. I think merk might have been redirected himself, but even if he was bus driven with garth, QPQ's result should still have shown them both as town.

I am starting to suspect that QPQ has invented his results.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

uuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I don't understand the mechanics of this game and am frustrated by its mechanics. I need to die before we get anywhere near LYLO. I can't investigate anyone else and if I get anywhere near the end of the game, my results are going to be a huge distraction for scum to exploit. Regardless of alignment, I would be a good lynch tomorrow as it would further clarify the set-up. The town shouldn't lose because I gave out the wrong results.

I'm not sure how to view any of my previous results. I still do feel good about Keane, but I need to review Bird and Anarc.Did I imgay ever reveal what his results were last night? I haven't had much time to devote to this game.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

merk posted:

merk, if at all possible can you save at least one of your posts for tomorrow? I would like you around for the day's results.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

WAIT. I AM DUMB. TOTALLY, OUTSTANDINGLY DUMB.

My actions can be confirmed. imgay can track my actions last night and verify that I at least went where I said I did.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Night 5 Begins

The night will end when I wake up tomorrow morning, noon EDTn at the latest.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
imgay, The Rhino, Son of Greph'Lohac, Town Tracker was killed Night 5

quote:

You are The Rhino, Son of Greph'Lohac. Abandoned on the Eastern Reaches as a babe, the rhinos of the plains took you in and raised you as on of their own. However, in your fourteenth summer, poachers attacked you tribe, seeking your horns to use as dick medicine. Your father, Greph'Lohac, was able to fend them off, but before he dispatched the last poacher, the foul rogue stabbed him with a poisoned knife. As the last light fled from his eyes, he implored you to take his horn as your own, and an aetheric glow transferred his horn to your codpiece. Now, you have entered the Tournament of Heroes with your codpiece and your senses heightened by your upbringing in the crash so that you might get the money and fame to obtain free rhino land and promote the conservation of your people.

You are a Town Tracker. Each night, you can track a player and learn the identity of every player they targeted during that night, but not any of the actions performed. Once per game, you may receive results for any previous night rather than the current night. You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Final Votecount for Day 5

Opopanax (2): CCKeane, CapitalistPig
Birdstrike (1): AnonymousNarcotics
AnonymousNarcotics (1): Birdstrike

Not Voting (4): imgay, Opopanax, QuoProQuid, Roydrowsy

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 14th, 2015 at 2 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Day 6 Begins!

EXAKT Science fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 16, 2015

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (7): AnonymousNarcotics, Birdstrike, CapitalistPig, CCKeane, Opopanax, QuoProQuid, Roydrowsy

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 19th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 10 hours.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anybody got any interesting night actions?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nope!

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I submitted to jail opop, but I don't know if it happened or not, I am thinking not. I may have missed a deadline?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I blacked out on my balcony, only to awaken hours later covered in blood so I think I know who committed the nightkill! :suicide:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I visited Opop.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Roydrowsy posted:

I submitted to jail opop, but I don't know if it happened or not, I am thinking not. I may have missed a deadline?

Can you confirm whether it went through?

Birdstrike posted:

I visited Opop.

And the results were?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Roydrowsy posted:

I didn't get any kind of message or anything

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

QuoProQuid posted:

And the results were?

That I was telling the truth and had no items :angel:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Examining the remaining players for possible hypnotist candidates. Obviously, saying that a player is not a hypnotist does not mean they aren't scum, but it does help resolve a long-standing issue:

I. Anarc's inventor status has been confirmed in the thread by the moderator. Though she might be scum, it seems unlikely for set-up reasons that she would have an additional powerful night ability.
II. Birdstrike is a confirmed thief via myself, Keane, and several other players. merk claims to have been hypnotized the same day that I was stolen from, making it highly unlikely that Bird is also a hypnotist.
III. Capitalist Pig is a hider-variant whose ability has been somewhat confirmed by PMom (later flipped town). Based on what little information we have, I can see CPig having an additional role to supplement his powers.
IV. Opop is a moderator confirmed "unlynchable" player who claims to have no night ability. If Roy's action went through last night, he can be effectively dismissed as a hypnotist.
V. Roy's jail ability is confirmed by Goo (who later flipped town) and Ecco (later flipped scum). Roy's jailing against Goo and Ecco coincided with merk's claimed hypnotism N1 and N2.

Of the players left alive, CPig and Anarc are the only players who could theoretically be a hypnotist. Anarc's alignment has been discussed to death, but has anyone taken a close look at CPig?

I'm running through the thread now, but does anyone remember any role-related reason that might disqualify CPig from the list of possible scum?

Remind me if I am forgetting anything. My mind is running at a thousand miles a minute.

merk, if you can still talk, any additional insight would be helpful. I would prefer multi-topic mega-posts rather than short one sentence responses.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

QuoProQuid posted:

Examining the remaining players for possible hypnotist candidates. Obviously, saying that a player is not a hypnotist does not mean they aren't scum, but it does help resolve a long-standing issue:

I. Anarc's inventor status has been confirmed in the thread by the moderator. Though she might be scum, it seems unlikely for set-up reasons that she would have an additional powerful night ability.
II. Birdstrike is a confirmed thief via myself, Keane, and several other players. merk claims to have been hypnotized the same day that I was stolen from, making it highly unlikely that Bird is also a hypnotist.
III. Capitalist Pig is a hider-variant whose ability has been somewhat confirmed by PMom (later flipped town). Based on what little information we have, I can see CPig having an additional role to supplement his powers.
IV. Opop is a moderator confirmed "unlynchable" player who claims to have no night ability. If Roy's action went through last night, he can be effectively dismissed as a hypnotist.
V. Roy's jail ability is confirmed by Goo (who later flipped town) and Ecco (later flipped scum). Roy's jailing against Goo and Ecco coincided with merk's claimed hypnotism N1 and N2.

Of the players left alive, CPig and Anarc are the only players who could theoretically be a hypnotist. Anarc's alignment has been discussed to death, but has anyone taken a close look at CPig?

I'm running through the thread now, but does anyone remember any role-related reason that might disqualify CPig from the list of possible scum?

Remind me if I am forgetting anything. My mind is running at a thousand miles a minute.

merk, if you can still talk, any additional insight would be helpful. I would prefer multi-topic mega-posts rather than short one sentence responses.

MAFIA EDIT: I forgot Keane who, to my knowledge, hasn't claimed anything about his role. I have a town cop read on him (albeit of questionable veracity) but he can be added to the list of players theoretically capable of acting as a hypnotist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

I blacked out on my balcony, only to awaken hours later covered in blood so I think I know who committed the nightkill! :suicide:

You weren't able to perform your night action?

• Locked thread