Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Jeez and you say I poo poo post :v:

Hey I'm driving, so I was kind of skimming and didn't make the connection to being able to pick your own culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I shall take one of the free slots to be a young Savomarinish trader, looking to establish connections in the dangerous streets of Port Lourde.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EccoRaven posted:

We live in an era of creative stagnation where I write pulp fantasy novels that are also mafia games. It is marginally better than when I wrote pulp 50s sci-fi but definitely way less flourishing than the supernatural horror of French-based historical fiction.

Oh boy, I can't wait to get to the fireworks factory!

Arrentish lady please

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What game did I do the best in? I'm whatever I was there.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

What game did I do the best in? I'm whatever I was there.

probably the one where you were the singer!

Mereaux ♂ x9
Mereaux ♀ x3

NO MORE FREE SPACES

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Look, I'll sign up so this can start.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Mereaux F please, since everybody stole the free spaces and I can't be a Savomarine woman :mad:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Looking back, Meinberg filled the game, but the OP had one spot open. Farewell.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Greetings, I am a friendly, totally Town, Mereauxingian man..

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

Mereaux F please, since everybody stole the free spaces and I can't be a Savomarine woman :mad:

get rekt

Amoeba102 posted:

Looking back, Meinberg filled the game, but the OP had one spot open. Farewell.

same to you

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Gimme a Mereaux man.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I hope meinberg repeats his legendary suicide bombing which killed both himself and his scumbuddy.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I'll be a dude, thanks.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

merk - Aldonza Jara - Singer (revolution-aligned empowerer)
Music can never be conquered. For as long as there are the waves of noise, ears to hear and voices to sing, music will resound throughout the world and from the beginning of time until its end. The songs that most need to be heard are those of the downtrodden, the oppressed - those who try to speak and who are silenced as punishment. You started out as a singer in a tavern in Madriu singing schmaltzy songs about beautiful lovers and heroic fighters, but in the candlelight of your room you scribbled lyrics and tunes for songs more profound. You wrote about the murder of your parents by the King's guards; about the burning of the town of Jacquen by an angry Prince; the pain of losing your only child to the flu. You began singing these songs on street corners and in the rougher taverns of the city, developing a reputation for singing something new, different, and ultimately more emotionally resonant.
But everything changed when your brother died in the war with Arrentia. You loved him more than anything; he was your idol and protector in the darkest nights, and now he is dead. Your music began taking a much more revolutionary fervor - the war, the violence, the death of your family and countless others, the pestilence, the famine - it is the result of not just this King, but all kings and tyrants in every land from here to Zariposa. You began singing to large crowds of similarly angry Madriuleņos whenever anyone was willing to listen, and you developed a large following.
Despite numerous arrests and beatings by the town guards, your message of hope was never crushed. Eventually the Madriuleņos sang your songs en masse as they rioted, and last week when they deposed the town's Prince, they sang "The Glory Awakens" cheerfully over bottles of wine and kegs of beer raided from the Prince's stores. Everyone knew the water would be shut off, but they believed in you. You taught them to have courage, to stand firm and outlast even the strongest foes.
And you believed they could have done it, too, if it weren't for the King's Assassins in the city. They are seeking to crush this revolt, and you with it. Now you have gone into hiding with two of your closest followers writing new songs and beginning a second revolution. Their faith in you is absolute - do not let them down.
You are a revolutionary! You seek to eliminate the assassins that have snuck into your city and as such win when all scum players are eliminated. However, you have an additional win condition: the survival of the revolutionary singer Aldonza Jara (merk). In order to win the game, merk must be alive to see a town victory. Your team consists of: merk (obv), AnonymousNarcotics, and Pinterest Mom. You are all confirmed to share the same win conditions and may talk freely OOT throughout the game.
Additionally, you specifically have the power of your revolutionary voice. You've been writing new songs and poems about this revolution, and during the night you may sing them outside the window of a player of your choice. If that player shares your revolutionary fervor (i.e. they are town), they will become so inspired by your words that they will face the assassins with renewed spirit and strength. You cannot sing to your fellow revolutionary-aligned players, and if you sing to a scum player it could end badly for you.
You are also aware that there is someone (or someones) looking to destroy you, knowing your death would bring a decisive blow to the revolution. Be careful.
You are an empowerer and you are revolution-aligned.

Me.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'd like to be a lady :)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'd like to be a lady :)

Well then you'll have to clean up your act! :v:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

TMMadman posted:

Actually wait, I'll claim a free spot instead and be a Bishader male.

Vote for the Bishi Boy.

I'll take a male. Thanks everyone else for sparing me the need to think about flavour.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

And since I'm driving I'll come up with a reason for it when I get home in a hour or so.

The man from Bishadh was found floating on large plank by local fisherman almost a year ago. Although he was found unconscious, his fist was tightly clenched around a small object and couldn't be pried open. When the man awoke two days later, it was discovered that the object was a small ivory carving of a tiger. Upon being asked about it, the man replied that it reminded him of a dream he had of another life and some kind of tournament, but he refuses to let anyone else touch the carving.

As he recovered, the man revealed some of his story. He says he succumbed to wanderlust shortly after coming of age and left his village searching for adventure, but when he is deep in the drink he often sounds bitter and occasionally mumbles about being forced to leave. After living in the wild for a few years and learning a variety of skills, he found himself near a beach that had a group of sailors on it and a ship anchored a short distance into the sea. Sensing a real opportunity for adventure, he approached the group only to find out they were pirates when they captured him. Needing some entertainment, the pirates forced the Bishader man and three other captives to fight to the death with their bare hands. His fighting was so inspired the pirates cheered when he was the last man standing and offered to let him join the crew. He spent the next few years exploring the world and plundering ships with the crew. Unfortunately, his pirate captain got caught in a hurricane and the ship was destroyed, but the Bishader man was only person able to escape the ship and was found three days later by the fisherman. Despite his history, the residents of Port Loude decided to let the man stay as he was able bodied and willing to help work on the fishing ships.

However, lately he has been feeling the wanderlust build again and his desire to leave the island has grown to the point where he can't ignore it any longer.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

EccoRaven posted:

probably the one where you were the singer!

Mereaux ♂ x9
Mereaux ♀ x3

NO MORE FREE SPACES

All nationality is a social construct used by royalty and the bourgeois to distract the working class from their plight. One day all peasants, from Arrentia to Cazan, shall rise up in solidarity and smash their collective chains.

That said, I want to be a pretty Mereaux female :sparkles:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Mereaux ♂ x6

Congrats all non-mereaux dude slots have been taken! Game begins whenever idk I'm not a scientist.

QuoProQuid posted:

That said, I want to be a pretty Mereaux female :sparkles:

Nobody in Port Lourde is pretty.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

EccoRaven posted:

Game begins whenever idk I'm not a scientist.

Women are scientists too ecco, don't cut yourself short!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

Game begins whenever idk I'm not a scientist.

See you all in a couple weeks.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ecco can I be a genderless Mereaux instead?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ecco can I be a genderless Mereaux instead?

there is no such thing as non-binary in mereaux society, this is much like real life, however if you want to roleplay as someone who is agender or bigender or multigender you are more than welcome I can't stop you we live in a free country life is a rich tapestry.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

there is no such thing as non-binary in mereaux society, this is much like real life, however if you want to roleplay as someone who is agender or bigender or multigender you are more than welcome I can't stop you we live in a free country life is a rich tapestry.

This is why you are the best mod or maybe the most frustrating one, I can't decide

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

The man from Bishadh was found floating on large plank by local fisherman almost a year ago. Although he was found unconscious, his fist was tightly clenched around a small object and couldn't be pried open. When the man awoke two days later, it was discovered that the object was a small ivory carving of a tiger. Upon being asked about it, the man replied that it reminded him of a dream he had of another life and some kind of tournament, but he refuses to let anyone else touch the carving.

As he recovered, the man revealed some of his story. He says he succumbed to wanderlust shortly after coming of age and left his village searching for adventure, but when he is deep in the drink he often sounds bitter and occasionally mumbles about being forced to leave. After living in the wild for a few years and learning a variety of skills, he found himself near a beach that had a group of sailors on it and a ship anchored a short distance into the sea. Sensing a real opportunity for adventure, he approached the group only to find out they were pirates when they captured him. Needing some entertainment, the pirates forced the Bishader man and three other captives to fight to the death with their bare hands. His fighting was so inspired the pirates cheered when he was the last man standing and offered to let him join the crew. He spent the next few years exploring the world and plundering ships with the crew. Unfortunately, his pirate captain got caught in a hurricane and the ship was destroyed, but the Bishader man was only person able to escape the ship and was found three days later by the fisherman. Despite his history, the residents of Port Loude decided to let the man stay as he was able bodied and willing to help work on the fishing ships.

However, lately he has been feeling the wanderlust build again and his desire to leave the island has grown to the point where he can't ignore it any longer.

Man what is it with you and tigers?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

Man what is it with you and tigers?

Haha, I just thought it would be an amusing touch.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

TMMadman posted:

I appreciated the reference.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I want to be a pretty princess boss

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

I made that game part of the Arrentia universe through my flavor role so your flavor is now canon congrats.

Gamerofthegame posted:

I want to be a pretty princess boss

you shan't, there are no princesses or nobility of any kind in Port Lourde, unless you wish to reign over a princessipality of fish and flotsam.

:siren: HERE IS A REALISTIC ECCO PROMISE :siren:

The game will begin Sunday morning. This is a realistic promise that I can actually reasonably keep, unlike my pie-in-the-sky promises of yore.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I choose to adopt a PR where everything I write in this thread will be in character.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Meinberg posted:

I choose to adopt a PR where everything I write in this thread will be in character.

I can promise that anyone who actually does PR in-character they will receive actual in-game boons, probably, doled out at my discretion potentially.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I can promise that anyone who actually does PR in-character they will receive actual in-game boons, probably, doled out at my discretion potentially.

Man I would have killed it if I used my tournament character here. I would have talked to Segur the whole game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

Man I would have killed it if I used my tournament character here. I would have talked to Segur the whole game.

too bad you died (go scum!!)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

too bad you died (go scum!!)

Yeah well at least I was vanilla so you jerks didn't get a power role!

I can't wait to read that scum doc.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

EccoRaven posted:

I'll totally do this. Even just for fun, although I'd appreciate the boons too

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'll totally do this. Even just for fun, although I'd appreciate the boons too

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

EccoRaven posted:

you shan't, there are no princesses or nobility of any kind in Port Lourde, unless you wish to reign over a princessipality of fish and flotsam.\

yo

yo

I am the fishing princess not a hook goes in the water that I don't know about because controlling our fishing habits is extremely important for the upkeep of the local ecosystem and to keep our people fed and jolly!!! I hear there are people out there up to no good, up to... overfishing.

We gotta find those clowns!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I can promise that if anyone is posting in-character, I will vote them and not move my vote off them until I'm dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Pinterest Mom posted:

I can promise that if anyone is posting in-character, I will vote them and not move my vote off them until I'm dead.
Why? Your policy seems really contrary to the spirit of the game and also anti-fun. Why not reconsider, and be cool instead?

• Locked thread