Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

nooneofconsequence posted:

She said "you will not leave us" clearly meaning her and the baby.

Hmm, that's an interesting point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

I'm pretty sure the whole reveal will be that Mr Robot is his dad that he forgot and that it's his mother that is dead. I actually can't remember him mentioning his mother at all in the show? Anyone remember him mentioning his mom?

Also it's interesting that the show doesn't shy away from using the word gently caress and instead just kind of soft mutes it.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 14, 2015

Lumis
Jan 10, 2006

I'm either a friend or a foe. Depends on who's looking.

Hollismason posted:

I'm pretty sure the whole reveal will be that Mr Robot is his dad that he forgot and that it's his mother that is dead. I actually can't remember him mentioning his mother at all in the show? Anyone remember him mentioning his mom?

I don't believe so, but we have seen his mom in flashbacks, albeit given that his memory is hosed, they probably should be taken with a grain of salt at this point.

Also, interesting note. This was the article about the shooting at the arcade from the pilot episode that Elliot found while he was trying to research fsociety.

Bernadette Pino is also a name listed on the recent call list of the cheating guy's phone.

It could be coincidence or just lazy writing/set design, but given how meticulous the show has been regarding what it wants the audience to see, I'm having trouble chalking this up to that.

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!
I don't know how they're going to stretch the show for 5 seasons when it really turns out that Elliot is wearing a straightjacket, sitting in the corner of a padded room, rocking back and forth and mumbling jibberish. None of this world or these people exist. Of maybe the other hackers and co-workers are just the doctors, nurses, and orderlies that come check on him and give him shock treatment. That's just not enough to stretch out 50-60 episodes, sorry.

This show is loving amazing and that is why I need to force myself to stop watching now, so they don't ruin it for me. Good job with the show, I'm done with it. I love it, and never watching it ever again. Or maybe I already have watched it and I just forgot? poo poo! Tell me you're seeing this too?

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Max Hammer posted:

This show is loving amazing and that is why I need to force myself to stop watching now, so they don't ruin it for me. Good job with the show, I'm done with it. I love it, and never watching it ever again. Or maybe I already have watched it and I just forgot? poo poo! Tell me you're seeing this too?

:stare:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'm sorry but I don't see how his dad is alive. Especially after he showed up at his door right after the reveal. His timing is too spot on in a lot of his appearances.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Grem posted:

I'm sorry but I don't see how his dad is alive. Especially after he showed up at his door right after the reveal. His timing is too spot on in a lot of his appearances.
If he is alive his daughter probably called him to tell him Elliot wasn't well and forgot she was his sister AGAIN.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I came out of the episode thinking the ghost dad reveal was as well done as it could be given the foreshadowing, but didn't consider live dad or 50/50 dad could be things until I read them here. In retrospect that scene is brilliant because it wasn't a reveal. What we saw could absolutely support any of those theories.

Now I hope we never get a reveal and its forever ambiguous.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Trabant posted:

I feel this is slightly more likely than Elliot's unreliable brain/narration subbing Dead Mom for Dead Dad.

I mean -- surely Angela, The Best Friend From Childhood Who's Also Friends With Darlene, would have been around to pick up that it wasn't Elliot's mom that died? Maybe gone to the funeral herself? I don't see how she could believe the story that it was his dad who got cancer and retell it to others.

Unless, of course, they all know Elliot's a high-functioning schizophrenic and everyone just plays along because it's easier that way. Which is completely plausible, to be honest. At this point I genuinely don't know where they're going. It's wonderful!

Is that scene at the dinner party the only time she mentions Elliots Dad? I ask because if you watch it again she ends mid sentence, she could have easily gone on to say '...and Elliots Dad had a breakdown after his mum died" or something to that effect. Or it could just be as people have said, they met later and she really doesn't know.

Grem posted:

It's not really right after though, Elliot has time to go home and research himself, likely taking a few hours to do so. It would be easy for Darlene to phone him and tell him to check on Elliot.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Just out of curiosity, did anyone catch the opera Wellick was listening to in his office while he was hacking?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Grem posted:

Yeah, like when he magically appears in the lobby of his apartment without Vera's brother and goon noticing.

Nobody else has seen the photos, of course, so it's possible Slater is not his dad and he's just imagining him in all of these carefully posed pictures that almost entirely omit his mom and sister.

gently caress, this show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In last week's episode when Mr. Robot and Romero were talking Romero tells Mr. Robot to "tell the kids I said hi." Which could be interpreted multiple ways.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Did I miss it, or what is Angela getting out of the deal with the old CTO? I don't remember her mentioning that he has to testify against E-Corp, she just got the "truth" about what happened, which doesn't seem that useful to her case.

There are a lot of exposure now it seems, the FBI will be all over her and Eliot now that their case is in jeopardy; no way they let this go, especially with their connection, and now her seemingly wanting to cash in on it with a legal suit.

It doesn't seem worth it, unless she was playing the executioner and wanted confirmation before dropping the hammer.. I doubt the character is seeing it like this through; her plan just doesn't make sense to me.

This is a tv show, so I am sure the dad is not dead, just because you need storylines; but that limo scene is a great fake out in my opinion.

Wellick says "we're meant to be allies," which means they are not. I interpret it as them talking about Wellicks realization that Elliot is fsociety. Wellick is hoping for inside information so he can prove his worth to Ecorp.

The only thing is his threat to Elliot, exposing his secrets to "those close to him" is weird because Elliot hasn't really done anything that the other people in his life would disapprove of. Only fake death explanation is a secret to threaten.

Love the show, it's moving at a very brisk pace.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

It's not really right after though, Elliot has time to go home and research himself, likely taking a few hours to do so. It would be easy for Darlene to phone him and tell him to check on Elliot.

Mr R's "We need to talk" line could fit with that too

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Went back and watched some Darlene scenes, it all works. Also, this was well done - during his hallucinatory withdrawal trip, Elliot goes to his home and finds the "404 Not Found" sign, but meets a young girl outside on her scooter who says "We're not friends." Then she scoots past singing 'Frere Jaques," and he starts singing it, too.

One of Elliot's memories of Darlene when it all comes flooding back to him was her riding on her scooter singing Frere Jacques.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Solkanar512 posted:

Just out of curiosity, did anyone catch the opera Wellick was listening to in his office while he was hacking?

It's Mozarts magic flute

https://play.spotify.com/track/0ZAyQDwokbChHvAdYkb5h7

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Femur posted:

Did I miss it, or what is Angela getting out of the deal with the old CTO? I don't remember her mentioning that he has to testify against E-Corp, she just got the "truth" about what happened, which doesn't seem that useful to her case.

She gets him to testify, with immunity, that Evil Corp dumped the toxic waste that killed her mum. For doing this she's sacrificing her job by saying it was her gently caress up that led to the hack/information leak so he is in the clear

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Jose posted:

She gets him to testify, with immunity, that Evil Corp dumped the toxic waste that killed her mum. For doing this she's sacrificing her job by saying it was her gently caress up that led to the hack/information leak so he is in the clear

She's not saying she caused the hack, she's saying she messed up chain of custody so that the evidence might be tainted.'

edit- If your familiar with baseball this was how Ryan Braun was cleared in his PED case the first time.

Zythrst fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 14, 2015

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.

Femur posted:

There are a lot of exposure now it seems, the FBI will be all over her and Eliot now that their case is in jeopardy; no way they let this go, especially with their connection, and now her seemingly wanting to cash in on it with a legal suit.

It doesn't seem worth it, unless she was playing the executioner and wanted confirmation before dropping the hammer.. I doubt the character is seeing it like this through; her plan just doesn't make sense to me.

You missed it in the last episode. She wanted Colby to testify that he was present in the meeting where they decided to cover up the illegal dumping in exchange for her testimony that she broke chain of custody with the DAT file.

I'm assuming Evil Corp is then liable and has to payout against the victims, but ultimately I think Angela is just doing it for closure. This sort of brings about a parallel between what Angela is doing now i.e., lying and destroying AllSafe for her selfish reasons with what Colby/Evil Corp did (lying and destroying lives for selfish reasons). OK, maybe that's a stretch.

Waynebo fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 14, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Zythrst posted:

She's not saying she caused the hack, she's saying she messed up chain of custody so that the evidence might be tainted.'

edit- If your familiar with baseball this was how Ryan Braun was cleared in his PED case the first time.

I knew it wasn't the hack exactly but its late and I forgot what she was saying other than sacrificing her job for it

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Waynebo posted:

I'm assuming Evil Corp is then liable and has to payout against the victims, but ultimately I think Angela is just doing it for closure. This sort of brings about a parallel between what Angela is doing now i.e., lying and destroying AllSafe for her selfish reasons with what Colby/Evil Corp did (lying and destroying lives for selfish reasons). OK, maybe that's a stretch.

This being proved could kill a company, even one as big as E-corp. Payouts, fines and the knockon effect to the companies image would bring it to its knees. Its pretty intentional that Elliot and Angela are trying to destroy the same company but in their own ways, one through the law one, outside it. And while she doesn't know it, Allsafe is done already regardless of what Angela does.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Aug 14, 2015

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Waynebo posted:

You missed it in the last episode. She wanted Colby to testify that he was present in the meeting where they decided to cover up the illegal dumping in exchange for her testimony that she broke chain of custody with the DAT file.

Ah thanks, I'll rewatch it later. I guess if immunity is being offered, the FBI is ok with going for a bigger crime against a bigger fish.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Scoobydoo "what a twist" ending: Elliot died when he was 10 years old of cancer, when Mr Robot worked for Evil Corp, not realizing they would end up killing his own child. Now a drug and guilt fueled insane man, Robot imagines himself as having died instead and "edit" his life to believe the fantasy that he is a still alive Elliot. Also he kissed his daughter.

vvv well she had blond hairs and a lot more makeup in Suburgatory.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 14, 2015

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Holy poo poo! Reading the comments on the Sepinwall review (yeah, I hate myself what of it) and someone pointed out Darlene is Darla from Suburgatory! I never, ever would've noticed that without looking up what else she's been in, she's completely different.

dhrusis
Jan 19, 2004
searching...
What do we think about Mr. Robot being Elliott's uncle (dead dad's brother) who has a hacking predeliction and a wild streak. His dad was a thief, after all, and Evil corp killed his brother. Wasn't dad an 'analyst' ? So dad has computer skills too, and passed them to Darlene and Elliott. Works for Mr. Robot, too.

Such a ballin' show. I love it. Going through it again now.

dhrusis fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 14, 2015

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Cactus posted:

Holy poo poo! Reading the comments on the Sepinwall review (yeah, I hate myself what of it) and someone pointed out Darlene is Darla from Suburgatory! I never, ever would've noticed that without looking up what else she's been in, she's completely different.

The Sepinwall review had a nice tidbit of the Mad Men creator telling everyone about Mr Robot at some sort of gala.

And he's only seen the first 3 episodes.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I just wish I'd waited to binge on this one because there's tonnes of details I've missed from the whole week-to-week forgetfulness thing. I know I won't watch it again until the next season is finished.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Toplowtech posted:

If he is alive his daughter probably called him to tell him Elliot wasn't well and forgot she was his sister AGAIN.

What if.... everything is part of Elliot's treatment. Like Mr. Robot and Darlene are trying to help him work through his poo poo and he's imagining all of the hacker stuff, but what's really happening is he's working at his normal job and living his life. Everything else is in his head and we're seeing it all play out in his mind. Perhaps he'll eventually snap out of it one day and gain clarity. Like this is going to be the hacker version of Wilfred. :aaaaa:

Or maybe I'm a retard.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Cactus posted:

I am completely surprised by how good Carly Chaikin is, but then again she killed it as Dahlia in Suburgatory. But I'm glad to see she's getting something drastically different to do here.

I mean this was fantastic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZNwn56uSzk

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

ashpanash posted:

Went back and watched some Darlene scenes, it all works. Also, this was well done - during his hallucinatory withdrawal trip, Elliot goes to his home and finds the "404 Not Found" sign, but meets a young girl outside on her scooter who says "We're not friends." Then she scoots past singing 'Frere Jaques," and he starts singing it, too.

One of Elliot's memories of Darlene when it all comes flooding back to him was her riding on her scooter singing Frere Jacques.

Yeah, this show got all types of cool poo poo like that that rewards attentive watching. One other I can think of that hasn't been pointed out itt yet was on the latest episode when he was talking to Angela and the shot went wide for a sec to show the bus with the "Out Of Service" right over Elliot

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Just caught up on this show and holy goddamn. :psyduck:

I'm gonna go with Robot being Ghost dad and all the scenes were we see Robot talking to soemone else, in particular the Wellick scene, is Elliot.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Now that I've had time to think about it calmly, I'm... confused.

From the beginning, Mr. Robot has been presenting himself as someone with no relation to Elliot, as far as we could see. Darlene, on the other hand, was the opposite, and acted very familiar with Elliot from the beginning, though her attitude changed over time. We see now that she expected Elliot to recognize her, which suggests Mr. Robot should also, but that contradicts his early actions. What would have made sense is that Mr. Robot and Darlene didn't recognize each other and had coincidentally been acting separately. But that doesn't work since it seems Darlene told Mr. Robot what happened between her and Elliot.

Idk, I really want the next episode to clear that mess up and start making sense of things..

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

It strikes me that far from being a show about hacking - I mean, hacking is involved, but it's involved in the same way that chemistry was involved in Breaking Bad - Mr. Robot is a show about mental illness. Both Elliot and Tyrell are mentally ill - perhaps even more people in the show are - but the show doesn't make them non-functional lunatics. It follows their paths, even lets us sympathize with their situations, while at the same time illuminating the structures and pressures around them that force them, almost unwillingly, to exacerbate their illness.

This show is really good, you guys.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Cactus posted:

I just wish I'd waited to binge on this one because there's tonnes of details I've missed from the whole week-to-week forgetfulness thing. I know I won't watch it again until the next season is finished.

I love binge watching, but I feel like I miss out minor details while binging. What I enjoyed about watching Lost and Breaking Bad was getting on SA and pouring over all the little minor details.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

ViggyNash posted:

Now that I've had time to think about it calmly, I'm... confused.

From the beginning, Mr. Robot has been presenting himself as someone with no relation to Elliot, as far as we could see. Darlene, on the other hand, was the opposite, and acted very familiar with Elliot from the beginning, though her attitude changed over time. We see now that she expected Elliot to recognize her, which suggests Mr. Robot should also, but that contradicts his early actions. What would have made sense is that Mr. Robot and Darlene didn't recognize each other and had coincidentally been acting separately. But that doesn't work since it seems Darlene told Mr. Robot what happened between her and Elliot.

Idk, I really want the next episode to clear that mess up and start making sense of things..

Maybe Mr. Robot realized that Elliot didn't recognize him again so he acted as this guy trying to get him to join fsociety so that Elliot would go along with it and not get paranoid about it, instead of trying to convince him (who seems like a stranger to Elliot) "Yeah I'm your dad/uncle/whoever don't you remember me?" We know Elliot seems to have a paranoid personality ( and possibly schizophrenic) so I feel like going with his delusion would be easier than fighting it.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Concerning Mr. Robot acting different from Darlene, here's what I'm gathering.
It's super important that this isn't the first time Elliot "forgot" his family.
His father, Mr. Robot, absolutely wants to gently caress over EvilCorp and wipe away debts, but is also absolutely loving crazy (mental illness runs in the show, after all) and knows that Elliot forgets his family.
He also knows that Elliot has animosity towards him for being shoved out the window. This is probably what gave rise to Elliot not wanting people touching him. As a child, Elliot was OK with touching and even tried to hug his father after he had found out that Elliot snitched about the cancer. If Elliot is autistic, it was somehow an autism that hit him LATER in life. Does that exist?
Elliot's dad apparently showed animosity towards his son "even the night he died." There's something in there. Most likely it was actually the first night he forgot who his family was.
So we somehow end up with a vengeful father who managed to find the weaknesses and strengths in his child and got him on track to be a master hacker. With no family to remember and just his one friend, Angela, he had very little holding him back from spending time perfecting his craft.

So I suggest you think of it like the second Matrix movie when it's revealed that there have been multiple Neos, all of which tried to do the same thing, all of which failed. Instead, we have separate states of Mr. Robot in Elliot's life. At one point, he taught Elliot all he knew about hacking but was eventually revealed to be Elliot's father. Upon discovering this, Elliot "failed" whatever he was supposed to do next with Mr. Robot and Mr. Robot had to flee the scene, likely due to the animosity Elliot should be holding against him for the out-the-window shove. Knowing Elliot might/will eventually forget him again, Mr. Robot stalks Elliot until he realizes that Elliot doesn't recognize him. Once this occurs, he once again swoops in acting like a separate entity and moving Elliot along the path of succeeding at the revenge plot.
All that said, he also wants to know more about Elliot's state of mind. He wants to know about why his son didn't keep the secret and wants to teach his son why it was wrong to betray his trust. When he finds out what Elliot was thinking about this and how he still hasn't changed despite previous encounters as previous Mr. Robots, he goes a little crazy and chucks him over the pier.

Okay, with all of that out of the way, I have ONE last theory. Mr. Robot is alive, is Elliot's dad, and actually KNOWS how to trigger Elliot into forgetting his family. Why? Ever notice how much Mr. Robot likes to use finality with Elliot? "You'll never see me again." or "We'll never have another chance." Maybe in Elliot's current memory that'd be true but once Mr. Robot triggers his memory wipe, they move on to the next task at hand.

Woooooo this show is fun to theory craft with!

Oh, right, I forgot about Darlene. I think Darlene just plain doesn't realize when Elliot does/doesn't remember her. Because Elliot acts so stand-offish, it's hard to tell if he's just being himself or if he literally doesn't remember who she is. He's still enough of a push-over that he'll just let her chill at his place despite barely knowing her but she just assumes he's being himself and being OK with his sister hanging around.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Aug 15, 2015

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Steve112sms posted:

I'm still going with Ghost Dad here. It just makes a lot more sense. The interactions with Darlene and Tyrell just don't quite add up if he's alive. All signs point to delusion imo.
The main problem is that one scene where Darlene acts completely differently to Elliot than to Mr Robot. She's clearly reacting to two different people there, so they can't both be Elliot, but other scenes don't make sense if Mr Robot is actually her father.

Solice Kirsk posted:

My money is on his mom died and not his dad and maybe the reason we're hearing everyone talk about his dad is because we're hearing everything through Eliot's point of view. Pretty sure we've heard EvilCorp when he wasn't around too.
This is starting to be a problem with the show. We can't trust anything, even when Elliot's not around (because you're right, we hear "EvilCorp" whether Elliot's there or not). Anything we see could be a lie. It's almost to the point now where absolutely anything we know could turn out to be wrong, and if we can't trust anything then what's the point? So I don't think it will turn out to be as dramatic a thing as that, because that would be crossing that line. Angela said that Elliot's father is dead, so he's dead. Or convincingly faked his death, but either way the world believes he's dead, it's not Elliot's delusion.

Dance Marine posted:

Do you think perhaps that Elliot received some kind of brain damage as a child, courtesy of Evil Corp?

Tiggum posted:

The last episode ends by zooming out to reveal Elliott staring into a snow globe.

Steve112sms posted:

Take Tyrell's interaction with Mr. Robot earlier in the episode. They clearly know one another, but up to this point there's been no indication they should know each other. In fact, in an earlier episode the others in F Society were shocked when they heard Elliot knew him. I guess it's possible Mr. Robot had some secret side deal with him and revealed some other secret to him, but it makes a lot more sense if that was just Elliot and the secret is that Tyrell knows his motivation for pinning Colby was petty revenge. Also, when Tyrell talks about it with his wife later, he basically only mentions Elliot and again the revenge angle and makes no mention of Mr. Robot.
Tyrell knows that revenge wasn't Elliot's motive though. He thought it was before but he's now convinced otherwise. And Mr Robot having some secret deal going with Tyrell that the rest of fsociety doesn't know about is entirely consistent with the way he's behaved in the past.

savinhill posted:

So is the name and identity of "Elliot" the real deal and he erased all traces of it from the net & public records, or is it another persona/alias that the main character invented for himself? I'm pretty sure there was a line along the lines of "Have I erased myself?" when he was checking up on himself, but I don't even know anymore with this show(in a good mindfucky way)
Angela and Darlene would know if he'd changed his identity though.

DaveKap posted:

His father, Mr. Robot, absolutely wants to gently caress over EvilCorp and wipe away debts, but is also absolutely loving crazy (mental illness runs in the show, after all).
Mr Robot's crazy in the sense of being an unpredictable psycho, not necessarily in the sense of being mentally ill.

DaveKap posted:

So I suggest you think of it like the second Matrix movie when it's revealed that there have been multiple Neos, all of which tried to do the same thing, all of which failed. Instead, we have separate states of Mr. Robot in Elliot's life. At one point, he taught Elliot all he knew about hacking but was eventually revealed to be Elliot's father. Upon discovering this, Elliot "failed" whatever he was supposed to do next with Mr. Robot and Mr. Robot had to flee the scene, likely due to the animosity Elliot should be holding against him for the out-the-window shove. Knowing Elliot might/will eventually forget him again, Mr. Robot stalks Elliot until he realizes that Elliot doesn't recognize him. Once this occurs, he once again swoops in acting like a separate entity and moving Elliot along the path of succeeding at the revenge plot.
That would strain credibility to breaking point. I don't think Elliot's father did fake his death, I think he's dead. Mr Robot is just some other guy who Elliot has latched onto as a father figure and consequently sees as his father, but Elliot also hallucinates his father and can't tell the difference between Mr Robot and the hallucination. I hope the truth is actually something slightly less complicated than that though, because that's already getting close to the "we can't trust anything so there's no point to any of it" limit.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I have a feeling Elliot's drug use is going to come back into play sometime before the end of the season. IIRC he was using morphone/heroin but keeping himself (or thinking he was keeping himself) more stable with suboxone. We saw his increasingly erratic behavior pointed out by multiple people recently (Angela, Darlene, his boss) - it's not uncommon for addicts to completely lose control of their habit, and as a result, their grasp on how it's affecting their life. I've never been much into drugs but I've seen friends spiral out of control and it's not exactly predictable.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Shooting Blanks posted:

I have a feeling Elliot's drug use is going to come back into play sometime before the end of the season. IIRC he was using morphone/heroin but keeping himself (or thinking he was keeping himself) more stable with suboxone. We saw his increasingly erratic behavior pointed out by multiple people recently (Angela, Darlene, his boss) - it's not uncommon for addicts to completely lose control of their habit, and as a result, their grasp on how it's affecting their life. I've never been much into drugs but I've seen friends spiral out of control and it's not exactly predictable.

I don't know about this season, but I will definitely be surprised if the drug use doesn't come up again. Loss of control is a big theme in the show, and I definitely agree about drug addiction being unpredictable. Something's going to make him snap and chase the numbing bliss of an opiate again, just maybe not in the few remaining episodes of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

DaveKap posted:

He also knows that Elliot has animosity towards him for being shoved out the window. This is probably what gave rise to Elliot not wanting people touching him. As a child, Elliot was OK with touching and even tried to hug his father after he had found out that Elliot snitched about the cancer. If Elliot is autistic, it was somehow an autism that hit him LATER in life. Does that exist?

Can you remind me which episode this was mentioned?

• Locked thread