Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

libraries would die tomorrow in Lumpen's world

his true masterplan revealed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Look Under The Rock posted:

It is incredibly hard to motivate people to part with their money for a cause that will never affect their lives.

Or for a cause that affects their lives greatly, but in ways they cannot perceive.

Look Under The Rock posted:

My mom has a Ben Carson sticker on her minivan

My grandma has one on her car, and extolls his virtues to me every time I see her. I like to make casual, mostly trolling (but polite) remarks about how he is a neurosurgeon and not a politician. I may drop the word technocracy next time I see her.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ernie. posted:

libraries would die tomorrow in Lumpen's world

his true masterplan revealed

b..but I like the library.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

b..but I like the library.

then levy some taxes, you capitalist pig!!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If libraries die everyone would have to spend money on their own copy of his audiobook

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
Why are there so many soybeans?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

ljtrigirl posted:

Why are there so many soybeans?

potatoes, its a thing someone does every once in a while people get the avatars bought for them.

It hit me last time around.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

CapitalistPig posted:

potatoes, its a thing someone does every once in a while people get the avatars bought for them.

It hit me last time around.

That's unfortunate. Yours is pretty awesome.

In my mind, they're soybeans.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tremendous Taste posted:

If libraries die everyone would have to spend money on their own copy of his audiobook

:hfive:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

We'd finish our coffees but still sit in the booth, holding our once-warm mugs. During lulls in the conversation we'd look outside at the rain. During one of these lulls we'd actually see a bolt of lightning just over the hill immediately followed by a loud crack of thunder, and we'd both gasp and jump slightly at the same time, then look at each other and laugh. We'd talk about how much we've been needing the rain, how awful this drought has been, and then share memories about rain from growing up. I'd mention how one of my first memories is Hurricane Andrew tearing across my parents' home in Miami, and he'd smile, saying how cool that was. Eventually though we'd both have to go, so we'd stand outside the shop under the awning to keep dry for as long as possible. It'd turn out he has to go north while I go south, so we hug, very quickly, we both don't want gossip as we're just friends, and then we'd part. I'd turn around after a few steps, just to see if he was looking back too, but he wouldn't be, he'd have his phone out texting. I'd shrug, pull up the collar on my coat, and continue walking home.

But I would never vote for him.

More candidate real life relationship stories please.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Everyone should listen to lumpens audiobook. It's hilarious and awesome

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

BottleKnight posted:

My grandma has one on her car, and extolls his virtues to me every time I see her. I like to make casual, mostly trolling (but polite) remarks about how he is a neurosurgeon and not a politician. I may drop the word technocracy next time I see her.

Tell her he'd like to eliminate the Geneva Convention because the best response to our country's high level of war crimes is to make them not be war crimes anymore

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Magnus Gallant posted:

Yeah. He does this crazy awesome narrating thing during games sometimes.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Mar 27, 2020

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Magnus Gallant posted:

Aww thanks for the plug.
I currently have 7 titles available on Audible.

I pledge to voluntarily donate 50% of my royalties for the month of August to Planned Parenthood just to carespite my dear friend LUTR.
In addition, if you buy through smile.amazon.com, you can designate a charity of your choice to receive an additional donation. I use that for all of my own Amazon purchases.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Lumpen posted:

Aww thanks for the plug.
I currently have 7 titles available on Audible.

I pledge to voluntarily donate 50% of my royalties for the month of August to Planned Parenthood just to carespite my dear friend LUTR.
In addition, if you buy through smile.amazon.com, you can designate a charity of your choice to receive an additional donation. I use that for all of my own Amazon purchases.

This is good of you, Lumpen.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also I got a PS4 today because I got a sexy raise because my primary client thinks I am sexy (I am a professional sexy person). My name is CCKeane if anybody wants to add me.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Also I got a PS4 today because I got a sexy raise because my primary client thinks I am sexy (I am a professional sexy person). My name is CCKeane if anybody wants to add me.

I'll add you. My dumb old unchangeable username is VarrosAnon and if you want to play online you have to pay for PlayStation Plus, just as a warning.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

I'll add you. My dumb old unchangeable username is VarrosAnon and if you want to play online you have to pay for PlayStation Plus, just as a warning.

Um what part of sexy raise didn't you understand smh

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm silveravatar306 psn. I play many online games such as Netflix and hulu.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm chajusong

if you want to be my spelunky daily challenge rival that's fine

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm chajusong

if you want to be my spelunky daily challenge rival that's fine

I'll only say yes to the second half if you're coming on to me.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I like Ben Carson as a guy since all he does is poo poo on other guys but he has some untenable stances imo tbh #_#

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm honestly a little weirded out that the highest match I have with any candidate is 85% I guess my political views don't have a perfect match as far as candidates.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm honestly a little weirded out that the highest match I have with any candidate is 85% I guess my political views don't have a perfect match as far as candidates.

Don't be. That's fine and good.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

Don't be. That's fine and good.

But keane, I want the perfect president that only wants the things that I want.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

But keane, I want the perfect president that only wants the things that I want.

Then run yourself.

If you ever find yourself agreeing 100% with any candidate (or, really, any person), you probably need to step back a little and make sure you're thinking for yourself.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

Then run yourself.

If you ever find yourself agreeing 100% with any candidate (or, really, any person), you probably need to step back a little and make sure you're thinking for yourself.

Hah that would be a waste of money because no one would vote for me and then I'd become a meme or something.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Hah that would be a waste of money because no one would vote for me and then I'd become a meme or something.

I'd vote for you, CPig, assuming you accept my lobbying needs to legalize cannibalism.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

legalise cannabisalism

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

legalise cannabisalism

Please don't bring marijuana into this. Marijuana makes you violent, as evidenced by this source: https://www.facebook.com/MMYVofficial?fref=ts

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm really happy that there are two google results for "You can't spell cannibalism without cannabis".

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Pinterest Mom posted:

legalise cannabisalism

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Do you know why they call it "BONGS" because when you eat bongs you fall unconscious and your head makes a bong sound on the floor.

Don't do weed kids.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

My dare officer told me that if somebody offers me weed I should tell the police immediately. After my fifth "friend" was arrested I got a medal.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Mar 27, 2020

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

okay I have stopped crying and can say this is now probably one of my favorite movies.

I will write more presidential candidate friend fiction tonight I will take the first suggestion.

WILLIAM JENNINGS BRYAN

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
GUYS SORRY IN ADVANCE WAIT NOT SORRY

http://www.vice.com/en_au/read/the-emerging-fetish-of-laying-alien-eggs-inside-yourself

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
From what I understand, the eggs are essentially gummy bears that you shove up your rear end in a top hat and they you wait for them to dissolve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I still need someone with a U.S. Address to help act as a middle man for something. I'll pay for shipping and buy you something on Amazon in thanks